main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Predictions for when the next full length single adult original story will come out?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Aug 30, 2017.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    With Canto Bight coming out in December and The Last Jedi novelization coming out in March, I'm not sure if we will see anything else until April or later. Of course I could be wrong though.

2. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

Meh. Canto Bight shouldn't count as a novel but if it does, then doing simple math, the next novel should come out in June.

3. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I actually wouldn't mind some more proper OT stuff. Rogue One and Rebels will leave a solid foundation for stories between ANH and ESB. Most of the stories we have in that era tend to be close to ANH and are limited in scope. Maybe in April or May we'll get a novel that focuses on the central struggle between the Rebellion and Empire.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    An X-Wing/Tie Fighter series,

5. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    Honestly, I feel like we have too many books that take up the OT right now. I mean half of the new canon books make up the period between ROTS and ANH. I would much rather see them explore the other eras like the PT or post ROTJ.

6. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    We have a decent amount of OT books, but few of them feel essential to that era. When I think of all the OT books and comics I've read it's hard for me to put them together as a coherent body of work. There have been some really good things set in that era (Darth Vader, Lando, Inferno Squad) but for the most part the books don't feel connected to each other.

In comparison the Dark Times books we have tell an excellent story when you put them all together. Even the more isolated books like Lords of the Sith or Tarkin establish the power of the Empire and the futility of the early attempts at Rebellion. Then A New Dawn, Rebels, Princess of Alderaan, and Rogue One and it's tie-in works tell an excellent story about the rebels across the galaxy were able to join together to fight the Empire.

Now I want a set of books that more definitively tells the story of what happened between ANH and ESB and then between ESB and RotJ. It would be a good use of time considering that any unified story of the post-RotJ period clearly isn't happening until after the ST is over.

7. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017

Okay, now I see what you are getting at, and yeah, that would be nice. However, I feel like the main flagship Star Wars comics might be trying to do just that, even if it's taking forever for them to pull it off.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You have read Battlefront: Twilight Company?

9. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    It's funny, I read about 75% of that book and got distracted. I need to go back and finish sooner than later. Maybe it will tie some things together, but it still felt pretty disconnected from the rest of the books during that time.

Though I think it is sort of telling that the newer OT stories don't seem to be relying much on the post-ANH stories we got right after the relaunch. Inferno Squad featured the partisans, but I don't recall it having much to do with the previous Battlefront book. Similarly, Gillen is bringing the main SW comic back Jeha, but I can't recall Aaron using books like Twilight Company, Heir to the Jedi or The Weapon of the Jedi in any meaningful way. Lot's of those books haven't had much of an impact on the broader canon.

10. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017

Yes, I've read Battlefront: Twilight Company.

11. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    From Del Rey:
    Maybe if we are lucky we will get more book news at NYCC? Maybe at that Friday Oct 6th publishing panel?