main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader was a great book. I also enjoyed how they portrayed Obi-Wan's early days on Tattooine. I have always wanted to see something like that in a film. If they do a Kenobi spinoff, I very much hope it takes place just after the events of ROTS, up to five years at the most. We have so much stuff that covers the few years leading up to ANH, let's see the beginning of the Empire's rise and the first solid evidence of a rebel alliance being formed!

Vasco_Rojo and TheManFromMortis like this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Would you accept a CGI Alec Guinness at the end of the movie, as a way of showing the passage of time, and the transition into New Hope? "Years later..."

Or has that be done now, at it's a groan worthy "Oh this again".

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The perfect ending to the film IMO was already done in Rebels unfortunately. Old Ben looking into the distance at the homestead as Beru calls Luke's name.

Of course I'm sure they'll come up with a perfectly fine ending. It may even be better.

4. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I'd like to see some similar scenes from Obi-Wan's early days on Tattooine as described in Dark Lord"The Rise of Darth Vader", but then maybe switch to something set a bit later, give Ewan a decent makeover to make him look a bit older. With regard to the the first solid evidence of the formation of the Rebel Alliance, I think that has been - and will be - left to Rebels in the final season. Having said that, maybe we might glimpse something of it in the Han Solo anthology film. I've enjoyed Rebels more than I expected over the last three seasons. It was good to have the Obi-Wan cameo toward the end of season three. Still, it's clear from a snippet of dialogue between Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in Rogue One that Kenobi's location is known to at least one (Organa) very shortly before the events of ANH.

5. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Whilst others might disagree, I thought the digital recreation of Tarkin was great. Of course, we knew he would be in the film, but I'd suspected it would be a very brief appearance. I hadn't expected him to play such a prominent role with so much dialogue. I was quite blown away with the work they did on Tarkin. Perversely, I found the digital recreation of ANH-era Carrie Fisher/Leia really, really unconvincing. That's odd because, ultimately, we only saw her face in one very brief scene right at the end. I can't quite understand how they, in my opinion, got Tarkin so right as a major player in the film but managed to get Leia so uncomfortably wrong in one scene.

So, forgot to address your CGI Alec Guinness question there. I think I'd prefer to have the film set just far enough before ANH that we could have Ewan McGregor play a convincingly older Obi-Wan without everybody wondering how Obi-Wan managed to age so very much by the time of ANH. Still, as other have said, I think the end of an Obi-Wan film has really already been done twice: Obi-Wan delivering baby Luke to Owen and Beru at the end of RoTS and Obi-Wan observing a young Luke from afar at the end of that episode from Rebels after defeating Maul.

ZY-Fighter and Gigoran Monk like this.
  6. RyanjohnN

RyanjohnN Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 10, 2017
    Ok so since we're playing the speculation game at the moment. With people speculating on an Anakin and Obi Wan flashback, I've thought up a way that might work without it seeming too fan servicey. With the way Rogue One started, the same could be done in the Obi Wan film. An Obi Wan and Anakin flashback to the Clone Wars which sets up the villain for the film. That gives it connectivity to the PT, Luke/Tatooine exile gives connectivity to the OT and we can get a new cool villain that actually poses a threat out of it as well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    A Jedi Hunter, as Antagonist, would be interesting. It would definitely help with the "The Fugitive" vibe, which I am hoping they are going for. :cool:

Also, a Flashback to the Clone Wars would be a great way to have Scenes away from Tatooine.

8. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002

Guessing they won't officially announce this until they have a director and/or Ewan signed up for it.

9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I guess you wanted to say "they have a director, fired him and have him replaced by another director"

Mostly Handless and DarkMark like this.
  10. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    He doesn't have to leave Tatoonie, at least not in the present day.

While the present day stuff could be Obi Wan dealing with his hermit life on Tattoonie, perhaps having a crisis of faith or devotion (since the order is dead) and perhaps discussing this with Qui-Gon, we could see the story of Obi Wan first becoming a Jedi through flashbacks.

What is Obi Wan's origin story? After all, we've never seen Obi Wan's home world, his parents, etc, and we've never seen the process of someone joining the Jedi Order (on film), learning all the rules, depriving themselves of romantic connections, completely devoting themselves since childhood.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  11. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
  12. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Depending on the story the want to tell this film will be amazing; McGregor as Obi-Wan set a decade before A New Hope would allow us to watch exactly how he learned from Yoda how to communicate with Qui-Gon and how he shaped a certain farmboy's wishes to leave Tatoonie; add in the rise of the Empire and allow mcGregor to journey in his study and teachings of the Force and this film could be amazing

DARTH_BELO and ZY-Fighter like this.
  13. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    That's a typo, right? Unless you meant to type Jedi, in which case I agree: I can't imagine a Force Ghost carrying an entire feature-length blockbuster movie!

Mostly Handless likes this.
  14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Ewan starring in Disney's untitled Christopher Robin film slated for Aug 3, 2018. Too bad that is not code for what we are all eagerly anticipating.

15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Haven't you seen Casper???

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  16. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Just FYI, for future reference, it's "arc."

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  17. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    You know Obi's death was a staged hoax, of course.
    Anakin had long ago reconciled with Kenobi, but they both had their Roles that they were expected to carry out...

So Obi Wan "disappeared". A simple magicians trick, aided by a bit of Force Running.

... and Force Ghosts are holograms. Of course they are.

Edit: Now that I've typed this nonsense, I think it would be a nice twisted movie plot. I think it could work. It would drive hardcore canon folk crazy, but that's a good thing.

Mostly Handless and B3 like this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe it is...

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

We do know Obi-Wan spent almost a year on the run with Duchess Satine while he was a Padawan, hiding from Bounty Hunters, having an intense relationship with her and he almost left the Jedi Order for her, if she would have asked him.

On a side note, what's up with these Jedi falling in love with politicians? You think they would have learned by now you can never trust a politician.

20. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017

lol, a typo indeed, I meant Sith. The Force Ghosts movie sounds weirdly intriguing though.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
  22. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ermegerd, yes please!

Mostly Handless and Gigoran Monk like this.
  24. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    70% Sir Alex, 30% Ewan.

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd like it a bit more Ewan to start and at end at this point (Like the original statute also shown.)

Agreed on the costume! That is fantastic. Definitely says "the Jundland Wastes are not to be travelled lightly."

Mostly Handless, Gigoran Monk and B3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.