main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    If they keep that up, it's going to be over by December. And here I was worried about big breaks. :p

revan772 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  3. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Yeeeessss!

It will be a nice autumn :D

4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    so if i do the math correctly they should be done by December 3, 12 days before the release of the Last Jedi. awesome.

MandaloreRex2015 and MrDarth0 like this.
  5. Poke-Artist

Poke-Artist Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2016

I don't think they will release them all at once without any breaks, minimal 2 weeks break halfway but not an episode every week till the finale, especially with TLJ out In December they will want to break Rebels up so TLJ doesn't steal the limelight on the final episodes, that's if It was to air episodes none stop till the finale. At least that my opinion on the releasing of the season.

6. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Woah, 2 episodes every week? And over quick enough in time for TLJ? I wonder why the rush. Is it something in TLJ relating to Rebels, or just giving Filoni more time to get ahead on a new show? Either way, I'm both extremely happy we get so much quickly, but also sad that it'll be over sooner rather than later.

So with those episode titles, the first two are obviously Mandalore, which we know, and the next two most likely Saw and his split with the Rebellion. But I wonder what The Occupation and Flight of the Defender are. I would guess the occupation of Lothal intensifies and the TIE Defender, well, flies. But didn't Filoni say it was 6 episodes into the season when the finale long-form arc starts? Maybe that was just a rough estimate/throwing out a number and it really does kick off in episode 5.

podjazd and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Or maybe the episodes are paced in a way that stretching the air dates takes away of the momentum they are trying to build up with the story? They did say that the season is basically one continous story with cliffhanger every week.

credar likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It'd be a nice call back to season one if the Rebels stole a TIE Defender.

revan772 likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think someone said it earlier, but when does it air?

10. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    This is either a leading tie-in for Rebels to end before TLJ due to Filoni involved in TLJ production (Trials of the Darksaber was written during one of his multiple trips to the set, inspired by how the vibe of the film's story being ancient and historic) and someone or something in Rebels is reappearing in Rebels or we're getting 16 hour-long episodes (8 in the fall and 8 in the spring), which would be about 32 half-hour episodes? Or coming from Ewoklord- Rebels and TLJ might not connect directly, but they might be announcing a ST-era series after the latter comes out. JJ's probably planning to have 6 month time skip between TLJ and IX to match TESB and ROTJ, meaning new series might be taking place within that time frame and the actors from the movies will be voicing the show before, during, and after production of IX all the way until it premieres. This is the beginning of the milking of money for Disney.

11. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    This... might not bode well. It feels like they're trying to get rid of it and just get it over with. Also, airing it at midnight to one in the morning? They do know their target audience will mostly miss it entirely unless fall break in in effect, right? Disney's TV management just makes zero sense to me.

12. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015

They did the exact same thing with TRON: Uprising, so I can't say that this is really surprising for me.

13. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    Hoping they move future Star Wars content to Disney Channel than stay at Disney XD, it would get more viewers and could make Disney take a first step in having a show running over 4 seasons.

TetsuAero and cwustudent like this.
  14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I never knew Dave Filoni was working production on TLJ? Has he done this in the past with the other movies, or is this his first go round?

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    He was not there to work on TLJ, he was just there to visit the set. All sorts of people do set visits, like George Lucas visited the Rogue One set. At most he's just curious about sharing ideas with Rian and getting to witness the live action production in person.

TetsuAero and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  16. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I think we are just lucky they are finishing this show... maybe after this is over they can finish up TCW before moving to a new post ROTJ series? :p

podjazd, cwustudent and TetsuAero like this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I know Filoni made some artwork for TFA which is in the Art of TFA book. Maybe he did something for TLJ too?
    Unlikely as the costs to make those episodes will probably be too high for the powers that be. Though that doesn't mean they can't tell those stories in other mediums.;)

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    bit late to have it on. Or has rebels mostly moved online now anyway?

19. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
  20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Makes perfect sense: have a show targeted for younger children, airing on a children's network then premiere the episode at 12:30AM.

That can't be right.

21. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    If you watched the panel again, they were talking about how each production teams and divisions of the company are able to help each other out, even flying from SF to the film set. The ideas you said that were being shared, were likely implemented in both the show and the film. It might just be a coincidence that Rebels is airing multiple episodes and getting done by TLJ release but you never know if it was intentional. And it wasn't just on the set of the movie. Johnson was working on TLJ when Rogue One was still in pre-production and Rebels was down the hall so all three teams had collaborated even way before TLJ was shot. TFA wasn't likely to tie-in with Rebels due to the quick release in 2015 so anything set like Saw in S3 and S4 and something TLJ (Crait or anything else) in S4 was set in stone when TFA came to theatres. Even if Rebels got another season, each additional would get some reference or relation to the movies.

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    We got the reverse though! Loved this connection. :cool:

[​IMG]

23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I don't get why everyone is acting like they're trying to kill the show or they hate it or there is some ulterior motive behind it. It's the last season, so who cares if it seems they want to kill it off? And Disney XD does this sort of schedule with all their shows, now. They don't air at a certain time anymore like past seasons of Rebels. They air new episodes of their shows throughout the day. It's not like Rebels is only airing from 12:30-1:30am, it's also airing Monday night at 9pm, so they're not disregarding the show at all. Most of Djsney XD's shows get their viewers from On Demand, as Tracy Cannobio said on Twitter, so to just air the episodes at midnight on TV makes the most sense, as hats when it goes up on demand too, so why let those who watch it live get spoiled? The two episodes a week thing doesn't seem to me like they want to end it faster, either. With the season being one continuous story, especially in the later half, it's probably better to have two episodes. And it's apparently a darker season, so airing it later at night also gives it a more adult feeling, at least to me.

cwustudent and ManWithoutAStar like this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, I'll say with reruns during al the day it should be fine. No need to worry.
    And in case you still doubt it.
    Pablo Hidalgo‏ @pablohidalgo
    Ezra isn't DJ, guys. DJ is his own character.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  25. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm not worrying or I certainly don't think they don't care about the show. It just doesn't make sense to me why they don't put the initial airing on at a normal time. They can without a doubt still air it multiple times the next day too.