main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    This is either a leading tie-in for Rebels to end before TLJ due to Filoni involved in TLJ production (Trials of the Darksaber was written during one of his multiple trips to the set, inspired by how the vibe of the film's story being ancient and historic) and someone or something in Rebels is reappearing in Rebels or we're getting 16 hour-long episodes (8 in the fall and 8 in the spring), which would be about 32 half-hour episodes? Which is more likely? I don't think there's a third reason for the S4 release schedule to be changed this way but I want to see if people have anything else they can think of.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Ewoklord might have it - Rebels and TLJ might not connect directly, but they might be announcing a ST-era series after the latter comes out.

tatooinesandworm and kalzeth like this.
  3. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    JJ's probably planning to have 6 month time skip between TLJ and IX to match TESB and ROTJ, meaning new series might be taking place within that time frame and the actors from the movies will be voicing the show before, during, and after production of IX all the way until it premieres. This is the beginning of the milking of money for Disney.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would take anything set post Jakku that isn't the Poe Dameron ambling comic at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    It should be at least 2 years between TLJ and Episode 9 (where we see Rey becoming more of a Jedi) instead because we don't have a time period between TFA and TLJ.

Having IX be only 6 months after TLJ makes the entire sequel trilogy far shorter then the clone wars.

If this hypothetical show only had a 1 or 2 season plan before end then 6 months could work, but not if they wanted it to last longer.

6. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    As much as I didn't like the writing in aftermath some of the characters were well developed and could be included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    While I'm definitely not a fan of Nik Sant being retconned into Rex, take a look at this: (spoilered for size)

[​IMG]

He even disguised himself as a stormtrooper.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I've always wondered about the context of that scene. There were obviously parts that were cut from the film, especially around how they penetrate the bunker. There is a nugget of a story there that would frankly fit Rex perfectly.

It's funny, I never felt that strong of a connection to the Clones in TCW or Prequels. Rex is the exception. My headcanon has him becoming part of the Alliance High Command with Hera, that's for sure!

--Adm. Nick

9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  10. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    If it comes back in January like it usually does, it may even finish before February.

Also, wasn't this confirmed for only 15 episodes? With 9 of them airing before the break, that would only leave 6 left right?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I get the feeling that we're going to be left with a major cliff hanger over the break.

Revanfan1 and Daneira like this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    2 episode synopses.
    https://jedi-bibliothek.de/2017/09/star-wars-rebels-die-maechte-des-schicksals-inhaltsangaben/
    4x07 "Kindred": Tracked back to their hidden base by a mysterious Imperial agent, the rebels must trust some seemingly dangerous native creatures, who are far more than meets the eye.

4x08 "Crawler Commanders": Desperate to contact Rebel command, the Ghost crew pirates a mining vehicle with long range communications gear, but the Empire arrives to spoil their plans.

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    They sound really boring

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    "Far more than meets the eye"

Yes, finally we are getting a Beast Wars and Star Wars crossover.

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Looking at that episode list, it's crazy that they're adapting an Octavia Butler story and a 90s LucasArts game.

I'm assuming Kindred is going to be some kind of parallel of the porgs. Hoping Crawler Commanders means we're going to see TIE Crawlers.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So much for the last season being one close-knit exciting story. We're still getting boring filler episodes.

kalzeth and fett 4 like this.
  17. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    How do you know whether or not they're boring just by reading a one-line teaser plot description translated from German?

18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    He hates the series and will find any excuse to complain about it, that's how.

19. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I get the feeling Rukh will be in one of those episodes.

20. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Or both. The underlying story of each episode is perhaps Rukh.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I don't hate the series, I just don't think it's particularly any good. In fact I would say I'm frustrated rather than hateful. There was a lot of potential as a show and it could genuinely have been memorable. Instead they chose the quick and easy path and it got thrown out the window in favour of generic forgettable pap. You get the odd great episode or great scene here or there, that shows what it could have been before it reverts to type by the next episode.

Jedi Knight Fett, Vialco and kalzeth like this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    LOL They've actually gone and put the wolf on the poster and dead centre at that !!!

Looks completely uninspired. The posters for the last 2 seasons were actually very good - this is not so, not by any stretch

Jedi Knight Fett and kalzeth like this.
  24. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    And, subjectively, I think you are wrong. I love the poster for season 4. The group shot of all the major players, gives a sense of finality. This will be the last time we see the crew of the Ghost as one unit after this season.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

25. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Kinda odd that they released the synopsis's for the two November episodes but not the October episodes. Perhaps something BIG happens in the early season- perhaps the death of a major character like Sabine or Zeb. We know Chopper and Hera survive and Kanan and Ezra will probably die in the finale. Also, I don't think the November synopsis's are boring