main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Movie and TV Character MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    he's going to be playable in injustice 2 in the next dlc pack. much excite

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    If honor is what won this game, Alia would be undefeated.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

What's her DSM-5 diagnosis? Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

4. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    She has no mental or physical ailment. She defeated 11 blades.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If any judges would like more specific arguments on any of my matches, please let me know... I've posted individually about all of these folks repeatedly. :p

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    how do you account for the fact that Star-Lord is going to forget about the match and just want to play PLINKO? I mean. Dude was abducted as a small child from Terra. he was watching the Price is Right every time he stayed home from school. He's going to try to find the other games, too, and ask the ladies if he has at least one number right, and get the yodeling guy to start climbing.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I mean, same question for Wednesday too though?

8. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    As great as Judy is, she can't defy Jesse's Word of God powers. If she hears him at all, she's a goner. Plus Jesse isn't too shabby at good ol' hand-to-hand combat....

I'd like to remind people that Hancock has previously lost to Blade due to "resourcefulness" which is something Deathstroke has in spades, even before the prep. He's tangled against super-powered people before and so won't be surprised by what Hancock brings to the table. Tough fight, but given the prep, he should be able to pull this off.

K has access to more advanced weapons and tools, but Bourne preps better and has better combat experience for this kind of fight. Pretty good fight and if Bourne can avoid getting instagibbed by a de-atomizer or whatnot, I think he can take this one.

Also, due to the hurricane, I'll probably be light on time and out of power this weekend/early next week

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Blade beating Hancock is essentially Spidey beating Firelord. I admitted that I was terrible. I'm lucky that a star war didn't sue me. I'll settle for extensive mockery.

Also, what will happen if Jesse hears Judith? The intense berating he will take will lead to a rapid downturn in his sense of self-worth, culminating in a fetal-like position. Then Judith can whack him on the head with her gavel, and he's out!

Stay safe, DE. We're both in the crosshairs, it looks like.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Right, so to answer inty's question. :-B

Plinko wasn't the most popular game -- like it is now -- when it was introduced (1983). It wasn't until the prizes went up, in 1990, to $100,000. While Plinko had the "largest payout possible" at the time of debut 1983-1984, the most earned was still only $21,000 and that wasn't until 1990. NOW Plinko is, by far, the most popular pricing game on The Price is Right, but it's far more likely that Peter would have been more interested in Press Your Luck while it was on, given the major run ($147,517) on that show in 1984.

Given I was 8 when that Press Your Luck episode (actually, had to be done in two episodes) aired, which is the same age Peter was when Yondu abducted him, and he was only 3 when Plinko was introduced -- it's far more likely he had similar proclivities as I did (Tic Tac Dough, Press Your Luck, etc.)...

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    look, you already know Heels is going to vote against you. Do you really want to downplay TPIR and it's Cleveland Connections and lose favor with me, too?

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Look, I'm ride-or-die for Bob Barker -- but if anyone had to take over for him when he decided to hang it up, I'm glad it was Drew Carey. Also, TPIR was -- by -far -- my most favorite thing to watch when home from school once I hit double-digits (All My Children, close second). I'd watch it in college when I didn't have morning classes. TV Guide rated it, correctly, the greatest game show of all-time.

13. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    You could double-down on your previous beliefs and decry opposing views as 'fake news!' :p

He'll probably get tired of her yammering and tell her to shut up, which she'll have to obey. And if the judge can't issue a ruling, well, I'd go with the other guy.

Thanks- I'm hoping things end up alright, but I think it's gonna be ugly down here [face_worried]

heels1785 likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Let me just save folks some time and trouble... also, let's go OSU. ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i'll go ahead and make my calls here:

Arbitration-Based Reality ( @a star war) vs. Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams ( @DarkEagle)

Judge Judy (Judge Judy) vs. Jesse Custer (Preacher)
    [​IMG]

Hancock (Hancock) vs. Deathstroke (Arrow) (Prepared)
    Agent K (Men in Black) (Prepared) vs. Jason Bourne (Bourne Series) (Prepared)

Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors ( @Mikaboshi) vs. The Upright Combination ( @Jabba-wocky)

Matt Murdock (MCU) TRUMPED with Elektra (MCU) vs. Cigarette Smoking Man (X-Files) (Double Prepared)
    John Wick (John Wick) vs. Sonny (I, Robot)
    The Undertaker (WWE Smackdown) vs. King Mongkut of Siam (The King and I)

Bartlet For America ( @dp4m) vs. Elijah Wood's Most Wanted ( @Darth Punk)

Rocket Raccoon (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2) (Prepared) vs. Hellboy (Hellboy)
    Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) vs. Selene (Underworld)
    Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2) vs. Lagertha (Vikings) TRUMPED with Mr Wednesday (American Gods)

16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Why are we making judgments already? Geeze.

Cigarette Smoking Man could easily beat Daredevil and Elektra. Both of them have criminal records. If he's prepared, his government contacts would be more than enough to have them exposed and arrested. By threatening to expose both of them publicly, he could also neutralize their threat.

Sonny is faster, stronger, and smarter amongst the two of them. John Wick is some idiot with a gun. Even the other NS model robots easily dispatch such opponents. He wins.

Most of Undertaker's powers come from being undead. But Mongkut, as a Buddhist monk, presumably has access to reincarnation so he can pretty well avoid this, bypassing Undertaker's powers. Additionally, even if he were to lose the King could come back in an even more powerful form--Godzilla or something--and defeat him. So in the long run the Undertaker has to lose this fight.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  18. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Why would Jesse even care about what Judy has to say? He could just shoot her or somtheing

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    How'd I get tagged into this?

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Because you keep liking posts, so he knows you're here.

22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I can't believe I am living in an era where raccoons and alcoholics are considered winners.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Alcoholic Raccoons, even.

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Really? Does that character use alcohol as well? I had no idea that thing was promoting drug use as well. How disgusting.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll be happy to judge twice from here on out.

dp4m

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.