main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST J.J. Abrams to direct and co-write Star Wars: Episode IX (see warning on page 34 before posting)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by soul8luos, Sep 12, 2017.

1. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, let's hope JJ does a great job and conclude the Saga. And then a cinematic EU of spinoff movies. But will 2-3 a year lead to fatigue? But for this to be successful, hire only Marvel writers, no DC writers. Oh, wait.

I kid. Terrio looks pretty good. Got sucked in thanks to Affleck an it looks like Snyder is the dunce here. I hope the Batman movie is good. Look at Wonder Woman. There's hope for DC if Snyder isn't involved.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  2. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Hey, careful with that "they." It might accidentally go off. I won't take the argument further. It's a sort of self-filtering response if ya get me.

3. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I actually want to start a petition to bring Trevorrow back. :p

T-R- likes this.
  4. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    I think something like that could be awesome.

5. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I see no reason for 9 to have the fairytale ending of 6. We all know that more trilogies are coming, I would like to see certain story threads end, but others get a set up of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strongbow likes this.
  6. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    I dont think it will be a cliffhanger, per se. It needs to have some sense of closure. But I do think it'll have a more open ending. There will be more saga films to come, IMO.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Rey, Luke, Finn and Poe, lead a battle that wipes out the First Order forces for good, except for Snoke's command ship. There, we see Kylo sit himself down on Snoke's thrown, with Snoke's bleeding dead carcass at his feet. Iris out! ^:)^

Bring on Episode 10!

Dra--- and Strongbow like this.
  8. LadySithLord

LadySithLord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    I watched the first episode and was like, nah. LOL

Strongbow likes this.
  9. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Yeah, Ive speculated that we will see Kylo "redeemed," fighting alongside Rey and maybe Luke to defeat Snoke. But in the end, he cant quite come back, and takes Snoke's place. Could be thrilling.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes, perhaps something like ROTS. There was a certain sense of closure, but clearly looking to the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    It's worth giving a shot. It has a lot to say about identity, consciousness, and objectification. It's a very different story from Lost.

12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Abrams will end it with all the main cast members looking down a hatch. The light will come on and...

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My thinking is that it will sort of be like the ending of The Two Towers. Snoke is defeated and the good guys win a respite but they have suffered devastating losses and the most dangerous threat is still very much alive. On the villains side Kylo will have taken over but Snoke's words are very much coming true... Luke Skywalker has returned and the New Jedi are on the rise. Something like that.

Dra--- and nightangel like this.
  14. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    How does this theory reconcile with Adam's statement about how TLJ will explore Kylo's humanity?

15. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Possibly, and I think that could work. It could also be more subtle than that. Perhaps the good guys think that Kylo goes off in exile in remorse for his evils, but the audience sees a glimpse of him taking conteol of what's left of the FO, or perhaps assembling his OWN order. That could percolate some years before a new trilogy. But a lot depends on what their long term plans are.

16. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    I don't see a conflict. We can explore his humanity amd still see him ultimately fall to the Dark utterly. For Vader, we saw him teeter in the edge and then tip Dark, but ultimately face the same decision later and make a different choice. Luke faced his moment of deep temptation and pulled to the light. What if Kylo faces that decision, tetters, but then falls to the Dark completely?

Dra---, Jacques who and nightangel like this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    sounds very good. A Kylo redemption may be up for the SST? [face_dunno]

Strongbow likes this.
  18. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Possibly, or he may be utterly lost. That would be a path we have not really witnessed so far.

Did you ever see Speed Racer as a kid? Not sure that showed in Germany. Another possibility is that Kylo becomes something... else. That he is neither a true villain or hero. He could become a kind of Racer X figure that shows up to help the good guys on occasion, but feels he can never be fully redeemd and rejoin the light. So he lives inthe shadows, doing what he can, when he can. I could see JJ doing somethung like that, though I think it unlikely.

19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    nope, have not seen it, but I think such concept of someone helping the good guys with feling that he is not worthy of belonging to them is something new and unique.

DaddlerTheDalek, TK327 and Strongbow like this.
  20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i'm very pleased.

Darth Downunder and Strongbow like this.
  21. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Its a great decision

Darth Downunder likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, I think he had his chance at redemption in TFA and threw it away. I believe he'll only descend further into darkness now completely losing all humanity. He'll become the monster Rey believed him to be before he took off his mask and achieve the thing he most desires. To be Darth Vader. But I also suspect that before the SST is over he'll admit to himself that it probably wasn't worth it.

Anyway, this is a discussion better had in the Kylo Ren thread.

23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Exactly. Why do people necessarily equate humanity with goodness? Humanity is responsible for things like genocide and the extinction of entire species.

24. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I loved the quiet moments. It's more the breathless over-acting right before, during and after action scenes (involving lots of running, fast-walking and frenetic cuts) that contribute to these feelings. And the quick jettisoning of Finn on Takodana and his interaction with Rey there read as very forced melodrama ("you looked at me like no one ever had" etc). It's why I find Jakku, the death bridge and forest on SKB, and Ahch-to to be the best parts of the film. They seemed to take their time more. More that, less Takodana.

Dra--- and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  25. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    All due respect, but miss me with that ****.

ETA: Just to say I respect your right to completely dislike or even hate whole aspects of TFA. My intention in offering a defense of TFA and its acting and characters wasn't to rehash point by point the various cons of the film as one sees them. Nothing is more deflating to my enthusiasm for the ST than that.

That's a longer, hopefully nicer way of putting my first response up above.

Strongbow and Gigoran Monk like this.