main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This was so great. I mean, every issue of this series has been so great but this was so great, great. I will admit I fell for the "Vader is going to have a confrontation with the Emperor" bit for a few pages. I loved Vader's "This is all there is!" is the closest he can get to expressing remorse, in his twisted and evil way, that his old life is gone. He can only be Vader, even if the Kyber tried to show him a good side. Another reason why I really dig the whole "bleeding" of the Kyber in the new canon. He had to basically pour all of his hate into it, literally breaking the shores where he was born. It was not a very dialogue heavy issue but I took extra time to read it to pour over the very emotional art and how it was inside Vader's head. And his grand "entrance" at the end was also amazing.

ManWithoutAStar and Vialco like this.
  2. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Not that it was ever a serious possibility, but this would make Kylo Ren being a double agent very unlikely. This made it clear you can't just fake being a Sith with a red blade. You have to fully accept the hate and anger.

The two identical shots of the broken eye lens except for the color of Anakin's eye were probably my favorite contrast. Anakin momentarily fell from anti-grace.

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This comic just keeps getting better and better, nothing like good old Darth Vader getting his crystal to bleed to really sell that whole concept to me.

Just so well done. Barely any dialogue in the issue but you really felt like you went on a journey.

4. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    if the inquisitors in rebels were doing there job this long. this makes all those Ezra x seventh sister fanfics creepy

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...you say that like it wouldn't be the case otherwise

Daneira likes this.
  6. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    no it was aways creepy. it's just becomes more creepy do to her being much older then some people expected

7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Are we still 100% certain Kylo Ren bled his crystal? Could it be possible he was given the red crystal and he merely made the saber?

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Someone else would have had to bleed it then. Who else could have done it?

9. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    so i was reading that issue number 7 will feature anther surpraised Jedi that survived order 66 i wonder who it is i say vos

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    If you want to know,
    it's Jocasta Nu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themoth likes this.
  11. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Ugh! Not digging that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Snoke. Or at least he was the one who taught the technique to him.

13. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    no that will be issue 6, i was reading the summary of issue 7 that will come out on November 1st it said anther surprased jedi

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No, the summary for #7 does not say that.

Here's the summary for #6:
    And here the summary for #7:
    Where does it say that it is ANOTHER Jedi?

It's clearly Jocasta Nu who will appear in #6 and the next arc that will start with #7.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

15. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Maybe Soule will pull off something amazing, but as a premise, I don’t find Vader confronting Jocasta Nu as very exciting. Probably due to preconceived notions of Jedi who are assigned to mundane jobs at the Temple – I mean, if she was such a formidable warrior, why would she be stuck at managing a library?

But on the other hand, I sure hope that Soule makes Jocasta Nu a really tough badass, because we don’t have enough badass grannies in the new canon compared to the amount of badass grandpas (Dooku, Palpatine) we have.

Revanfan1, KamNale, Daneira and 3 others like this.
  16. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Who says she's stuck? Maybe she's there because that's precisely where she want to be. She's a Consular, after all.

17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Maybe Nu will be more than a match for the young Vader. Maybe she won't. Or maybe, it's not about lightsaber fights and Force power battles. Maybe Nu will hint/give away some interesting knowledge/secrets that will be relevant as the series progresses. That is far more intriguing to me than a simple duel.

La Calavera likes this.
  18. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    In the ROTS video game, Vader kills Nu with a lightsabre. Guess they're not using that anymore. Let's see what the comic says.

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Do not disparage the skills of Madame Jocasta!

I mean it's not like she got knocked out by a common bounty hunter. She was a member of the Jedi Council. Coleman Trebor was a Council Master too and his combat prowess was legendary. It's not like a common bounty hunter killed him or something. Council Members are the cream of the Jedi Ranks. Jocasta will give Vader a fight to remember.

Or she'll just drop her library card out of fright when he confronts her and while she stoops to pick it up Vader will decapitate her.

20. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Is Clone Wars forgotten so quickly? Master Nu is a badass

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

cwustudent likes this.
  21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Yes, I mean, I acknowledge that I have some (probably bad) preconceived notions that I hope to be wrong.

It would be cool if Jocasta uses an unseen Force ability and Vader takes a note from it. Thus enhancing Vader’s learning journey in the Force. There is no better lesson than the lesson you take from your enemies.

That would be simultaneously anticlimactic and utterly hilarious. [face_laugh]

Ithorians and spicer like this.
  22. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    The reason why Emperor wants her alive is probably because she holds important secrets of the Order that must be found and destroyed. She may even have some clue as to where the survivors might hide.

BigAl6ft6, kalzeth and spicer like this.
  23. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_laugh] or maybe she is frightened of Vader and then goes in denial: "if you weren´t in our records, then you don´t exi..." (Vader beheads her).

Darth Marcia and La Calavera like this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    From the leaked Marvel solicitations for December.
    DARTH VADER #9
    As the threat of the Jedi continues to menace the fledgling Empire, Vader finds himself on the trail of Jedi his master has commanded him...to keep alive?
    Rated T
    Barriss? Luminara? [face_thinking] Was that part of Filoni's plan?

25. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Unless there is a typo, then the solicit is talking about multiple Jedi (it doesn't say "on the trail of A Jedi", but "on the trail of Jedi". IIRC, Nu is supposed to be accompanied by several Jedi in the upcoming issues. Maybe they are the Jedi Vader is after?

kalzeth likes this.