main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    And yet *I* am the rude one when I asked if their hands are washed. :rolleyes:

How I feed her is also everyone's business. I get asked by family (don't mind too much), friends (same), co-workers (seriously?), government administration workers (for serious...), strangers (ALL THE FREAKING TIME), etc how the breastfeeding is going, and I get their breastfeeding stories too. I didn't know having a baby led to Boob Overshare Time (tm).

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh man.... I noticed this with all my JC friends who were expecting babies.... you mention childbirth, and everybody thinks that oversharing their birthing horror stories is somehow helpful. Nobody cares....we all have our personal stories, but they're just that... personal. Nobody wants to hear about your torn vag--especially first time parents.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My favorite response to "How long are you going to breastfeed?" was "He'll be done in a few minutes."

harpua, Rylo Ken and Diggy like this.
  4. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Yeah I was taken aback by the breastfeeding questions. Like, I don't want to talk about my boobs with you, thank you very much.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So, I've got a ton going on in my life right now, and I want to share a bit of it...

I don't know if you remember, but last October, my friend Erica passed away, and I spent a month emptying her [hoarder] house. I'm about to move into that house (long story). One one hand, I'm kinda weirded out, because three of my friends died in that house (Dave, Erica's husband, in 2010, Shawn, my best friend, in 2015, and Erica in 2016). but on the other, I'm honored that the family is letting me move in and make improvements on the place (and I intend to make a bunch of improvements).

Just a page from the book of my bizarre life.

Oh, and I was at the house, cleaning it and taking "before" pictures... and I caught this little orb looking thingy.

[​IMG]

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Did it glow in its own, or is that just the sunlight reflection?

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    That's not sunlight.

I don't actually know wtf it is. I was just taking a pic of the room, as a "before" image, before I paint it and stuff. I saw the thing later, when I was uploading the images to my laptop.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Ahhhh, okay.

9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    looks like the woodwork in the house could be really nice provided the restless spirits don't drive you out before you have time to refinish any of it.

harpua likes this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Nah... we'l live together in harmony.... ebony and ivory, etc etc.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    It's obviously a palantir. Don't stare into it.

12. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Oh wow! That is mildly (moderately) freaking me out. I *think* it is sage and lavender that calm restless spirits if you need it, but an expert would know better than me. That said, you are potentially in the presences of friends so it probably is no issue. Give us updates!

Looking forward to the after pics. It looks like the place could use some of your love. :)

harpua likes this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol... the wood is going to be easy, compared to a lot of the house. This is a picture pf the kitchen ceiling... yes, it is bright yellow and blue. The walls are navy blue. I'm going to need a pallet of primer for the house, man.

[​IMG]

14. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    It's like a Gaudi and Monet had a baby and the baby painted the house! It's kind of cool though.

SuperWatto and harpua like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Besties, I was able to listen in on a call in real time today in order to see what my job will entail. I feel a bit better but still very much overwhelmed. Oh and apologies for the outburst yesterday. New transitions are always tough for me, as they usually are for most people.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    This describes it so beautifully (and accurately).

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You believe in ghosts?

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Obviously... don't judge.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm not sure a question is a judgment.

Actually I am sure; it's not.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I dunno I've got like 1000 pages worth of Plato suggesting the contrary.

harpua likes this.
  21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Bonus image (I'm in a sharing mood) -- this is the awesome little house I've been living in for the last year-and-a-half, with my garden in the front yard. 'm going to miss it, but I think this house project I'm going into will be a healing and cathartic pain in the ass, if that makes any sense.

I've also decided to move my garden to the other house.... not sure how it's going to work out, but I'm going for it. :p

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and LostOnHoth like this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't think you do.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I figure that's about the right amount as you lop off about 800 pages for parts where the crazy old guy with a magic talking diamond isn't using questions to judge people.

harpua likes this.
  24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hi Diggy

I totally missed that quote.... sorry about that. <3

Sincerely,
    harpua

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I was just being contrary.

I actually have no idea about your page collection.

My jokes, they're hit or miss. Usually miss.

But I'll always have Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken likes this.