main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #1-5 (3/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darkslayer, May 18, 2017.

1. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    The Legends Wookieepedia article says there was some inconsistency about the size of the Octuptara, and says the octuptara combat tri droid was a smaller version of the octuptara magna tri droid. But it definitely wasn't smaller than a B2.

2. So the Miralukas are canon now?
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, JediBatman, spicer and 2 others like this.
  3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Yup

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  4. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I did not like it.
    The story was okay, but B1 droid reminded me of Roger from Freemakers - not a threat more a comic relief. Also the pink Jedi girl - most of her dialogues felt forced not funny.

But the art... the art was the thing that really put me off. Yoda, Kit Fisto, especially in the background - just simply ugly.

SilentGuy66, redxavier and kalzeth like this.
  5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Did anyone else find it strange that the go to for great Jedi pilot of Plo when that is Tinn's whole deal?

TK-421 Is vader and kalzeth like this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    ^Not particularly since in canon we see Plo piloting a ship far more often than Saessee.
    But then that is just a side effect of Plo being Filoni's favorite character.

7. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I love plo but man do I feel bad for Tinn. Now he is just that guy who got gutten by Sheev first

8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Second.

First goes to Kolar.[face_whistling]
    [​IMG]

9. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh yeah I was thinking about the novelization, there Sheev is like "hey you're a telepath read my mind you can trust me" and the moron dipped his blade and got beheaded. You know what scratch my feeling bad for him, anyone who dips their blade like that deserves to die.

edit: wait never mind i was wrong again. did I hit my head when reading the novel? Never trust me on anything now......I mean don't tell The Vanguard that though

BigAl6ft6 and The Vanguard like this.
  10. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Is kolar known for anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    He did a few thing in legends.
    Nothing in canon yet as far as I am aware.

spicer, vncredleader and kalzeth like this.
  12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    He got hella owned by Papa Palpatine.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Does Agen Kolar even still exist in canon? I vaguely thought they might have just made him the same person as Eeth Koth now that the latter doesn't die on Geonosis.

15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Of course he does! He's got a Databank entry, and also one in the Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

I have a thing to say about Agen Kolar.

In Republic comics he had an interesting role. Maybe it was intentional -- I think it was subconsciously by Ostrander. You know that trope of the cop-that-means-well-but-gets-in-the-hero's-way? Like in TCW the show, Lieutenant Danny Devito Tan Divo who meant well but kept coming to the wrong conclusions? Or the Nikto in the badass trenchcoat in Agent of the Empire? Agen was like that. He was the "Jedi cop" harassing Quinlan. He meant well, but he was super by-the-book.

That's all I have to say about Agent Agen Kolar.

17. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I know IGN didn't give it a good review but I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of the old DH Clone Wars comics and I liked the new characters and the dialogue. I agree that the artwork on Yoda was terrible...I guess that's a tie-in to some of those old DH comics too! ;)

Stymi and kalzeth like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This was a particularly chatty issue but the Jedi Council are particularly chatty folk. Art was pretty badass during the action, though. And I quite like how feeble and scared the battle droids are and the final splash page indicated an interesting antagonist.

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think the pink jedi was waaaaaay too out of character for a proper jedi knight

to quote yoda: "A Jedi but have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind"

They're not supposed to whisper to a jedi council member on who they think the "top 5 jedi of all time are"

And before people come at me with "Ahsoka was bratty and chatty", that's true however I seem to remember a clip from the (now legends) TCW Republic Heroes game where she's fighting alongside Mace Windu in battle

Windu: The way forward is clear, are you ready Padawan?
    Ahsoka: Does a Hutt smell bad?
    (Windu gives her a cold stare)
    Ahsoka: I mean....yes.... master

Daneira likes this.
  20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Counterpoint: Canon Vos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    It's a fair complaint, though. I mean, with my avatar I certainly don't mind some Jedi bantering, but that character felt a little too much like someone was just writing the voice of an Earth teenager who reads too many pop culture magazines and talks about them all the time. It felt out of place, in a way Ahsoka and Vos never did for me.

22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Not the biggest fan of the art to put it mildly.

But I like that we have some more Clone Wars action. Anybody else think that Miraluka Jedi is not going to make it?

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is he called a Miraluka? Do we see him whitout the blindfold and showing flat surface where there should be eyes?

24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    So far, we haven't been told he's a Miraluka in the comic itself, but the author called him that on Marvel.com.

kalzeth and MrDarth0 like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Also Obi-Wan, who can be pretty snarky at times.

vncredleader likes this.