main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure he only had 98 yards net passing against a Bengals D without its best player

I say pretty sure because I stabbed my own eyes out in the 3rd quarter

heels1785 and The Vanguard like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    it was more of a kneejerk reaction to that td run

geno lit him up, though!

Luke02 likes this.
  3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah Watson didn't throw the ball went at all last night but it was his first game plus outside of Hopkins, they had nothing receiver wise. Braxton Miller had two catches. That is how far down on the depth chart they are at the WR slot.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    So far, I am glad to see that the Packers and Chiefs are having a good season. It would be better if the Bengals would get their act together, and I have very little hope that my hometown team, the Redskins, will do anything productive this season.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    If Al Davis was still around, he might have paid that fine for Marshawn and tell him to do it again. [face_laugh]

The Autumn Wind is the best NFL team theme music.

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
    Blustering in from sea,
    With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
    Swaggering boisterously.
    His face is weather beaten.
    He wears a hooded sash,
    With a silver hat about his head,
    And a bristling black mustache.
    He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider,
    Pillaging just for fun.
    He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
    And laugh when he's conquered and won.

I really hope the Raiders can win a Super Bowl or two before they move to Las Vegas. And I really, really, really hope for the Las Vegas deal to fall through, especially since the A's will be moving to another location in Oakland leaving the Coliseum and the Warriors moving to the other side of the bay, which would leave an empty plot of land for the Raiders.

vin likes this.
  7. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Zertz you're a circus freak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Zertz you're a circus freak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    ****ing A. The Panthers should have kept Joe Webb.

I may or may not have just yelled "You suck!!" at my TV.

darth_gersh likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Even at that time of day, they were able to accurately guess the attendance for today's game.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    didn't get to see KC game - i'll rely on sj or anyone who did - was it a decent performance?

numbers look much more like alex smith came back to earth. still solid work from kareem hunt!

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It was not, but it was enough to win. Actually, Smith did some good work with his feet -- usually a not-great spot for him -- but the overall game was like watching UF/Tenn yesterday... total crap right up until the end.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    good weekend to miss, I guess. thanks, compadre.

dp4m likes this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Juliet316 I'm at a family event, so I wasn't able to watch the game; at least the Rams made a game of it. :p

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes, they did. Needed that bit of good news in the wake of The Brain's death.

16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    The first modern-day professional sports team to relocate to a city that didn't want it. Maybe that's why Koo missed that kick...

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Take me awhile to see LAC on scoreboards and not think of the NBA's Clippers.

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ouch for the Chargers. Just.... Ouch. I want to hug them.

Smith was very Smith today. A lot more pressure on him meant he didn't throw down field, back to his usual Captain Checkdown self for most of the game. A few good scrambles as usual to help.

Kelce was a moron and really needs to get his bro crap in check so he stops getting personal fouls. Grow up, dude. You could be great but are holding yourself back.

They barely even had Hunt in the first half, which was mind-boggling. But once he was in, he rocked.

Houston may actually be back to being Houston, thank God. And DJ did his normal hustling.

The worst thing was just that we actually let it come down to a Hail Mary at the end, even though we were ahead by 14 points with a minute left. Pure Reid stuff.

My only major concern (aside from the obvious Berry-shaped hole, which is a big one) is that our special teams was again not good.

But hey, Chris Jones got an interception. Lol.

19. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    It doesn't make any sense to me that the nation's second largest city doesn't want a team that has Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates on it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    A lot of things out here don't make sense.

solojones and The Vanguard like this.
  21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    It's only one game, but the Bucs looked pretty good. Of course, two years, they looked awful in their opener, yet didn't go 0-16 as that game indicated. So, I'm not going to crown the Bucs division champs just yet after one game, especially since they'll have to play 16 straight weeks.

22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm sure it won't last, but for now the Dolphins are in first place in the AFC East!

23. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Speaking of, Rivers Gates- pretty cool that Antonio snagged the TD catches record from Tony Gonzalez.

Too bad Gronk will probably take it at some point if he stays relatively healthy.

solojones likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    How 'bout them Cowboys!!! :p

Not that I can say much because my Niners are 0-2. At least they have a pretty good defense and Carlos Hyde looks good.

Good news, the Raiders are 2-0 and keeping pace with the Broncos and Chiefs.

And to the dismay of the Jets, everyone else is loving Marshawn getting down with Oakland. Beast Mode is in the Town.

[​IMG]

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005