main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

So basically, it's a MMOFPS, yeah?

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Very beautiful, where is that ?

Did you ever watch Transformers as a kid. They were the Pokemon of there Day. Think of Porgs as like that and to prepare yourself for your kids grief, with the death of Optimus Porg

3. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Different parts of western Härjedalen, a province in Sweden.

fett 4 likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey speaking of the letter a with stuff over it, how do you pronounce Skarsgård? With Bill Skarsgård being in the news for IT I've been hearing some different pronunciations.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]
    They say it in the two first seconds of the video below

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Beat KOTOR II with TSLRP for the first time. It changed less than I expected, but it did help show off just how great that game's writing is.

It also drive home just how great KOTOR III should have been if LucasArts didn't completely suck at every aspect of making games.

8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Very sad to hear of Len Wein's passing. He is one of the most important people to work in the industry and his creations and additions will not soon be forgotten
    [​IMG]

TrandoJedi, Gamiel, spicer and 4 others like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can people recommend any fantasy or science-fiction comics with a black woman as the main character/as one of the main characters?

10. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Ultimates, by Al Ewing. It's superhero, by very high-concept sci-fi Starlinesque superhero stuff, with two black women and a black man in important roles.

Gamiel and TrandoJedi like this.
  11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Ultimates and Ultimates^2 are sooo good! Exactly what I wanted in a post-Secret Wars Marvel landscape. Too bad the rest of the universe didn't follow.

Gamiel likes this.
  12. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Depends on who you ask but I think the Monica Rambeau Captain marvel counts. She did not have a solo series sadly and just sorta showed up as a guest and as an avenger. Early Iron Fist is another thing I suggest due to Danny's girlfriend Misty Knight who is a great character in her own right and I think has gotten a mini before.

Gamiel likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is neat. When I'm depressed by the news I remind myself there's always a bigger ground sloth.

14. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    That's really freaking cool

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions but to me those are more superhero stories then fantasy or science-fiction. Also I have this problem with Ultimates/Ultimates^2 in that they are dealing with fixing-the-multiverse-adventure and we have not even seen a cameo or "meanwhile" from Exiles, Web-Warriors and/or Roma and Captain Britain Corps. But that’s just me being a skulking fanboy :p

16. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

This gorgeous piece of art by Doug Wheatley was posted on his Facebook page. In December it will be 4 full years without any Star Wars comics drawn by Wheatley :( Marvel&IDW, I hope you'll change that soon.

17. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Do any of y'all know whether this site giving preorders for the Jaina figurine is legit?

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I did some research into it and it appears to be a well-known Hong Kong based e-retailer. HK tends to get figures early or exclusives for some reason (local distribution? Factories there? I dunno). But I've gotten figures early from random HK sellers on eBay before.

In any event I preordered with that website as soon as Jaina was put up.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Awesome, okay. I intend to pre-order as well, I just don't want to get scammed.

Thanks!

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I did some research into it and it appears to be a well-known Hong Kong based e-retailer. HK tends to get figures early or exclusives for some reason (local distribution? Factories there? I dunno). But I've gotten figures early from random HK sellers on eBay before.

In any event I preordered with that website as soon as Jaina was put up.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I get a lot of comfort from PayPal. It's very easy to get funds back. The only real risk is giving out your name and address in the shipping info. Which is not insubstantial but if SW Toy sites are saying they're legit I can't imagine they're random.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I'm just looking at that shipping - it's literally more then the cost of the figure itself. I may just wait until it's on Amazon and use that oh so useful Prime free shipping instead.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The reason I went for it is because I don't want another Revan situation and I'm not taking ANY chances with Jaina. Any other figure, I'd wait.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Fair. I'm leaning towards it, especially if it's as easy with PayPal as it appears. But you're right - it's Jaina. I won't chance it.

Revan is still available, though. Just expensive.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, if I want to spend like 200 dollars or something I can get a 6 inch Revan-shaped piece of plastic. :p

Paying potentially 2x as insurance against paying 10x isn't that crazy to me, and I'd only do it for this figure (where it's crazy we even got it at all).

Missa ab iPhona mea est.