main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Awesome, okay. I intend to pre-order as well, I just don't want to get scammed.

Thanks!

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I did some research into it and it appears to be a well-known Hong Kong based e-retailer. HK tends to get figures early or exclusives for some reason (local distribution? Factories there? I dunno). But I've gotten figures early from random HK sellers on eBay before.

In any event I preordered with that website as soon as Jaina was put up.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I get a lot of comfort from PayPal. It's very easy to get funds back. The only real risk is giving out your name and address in the shipping info. Which is not insubstantial but if SW Toy sites are saying they're legit I can't imagine they're random.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I'm just looking at that shipping - it's literally more then the cost of the figure itself. I may just wait until it's on Amazon and use that oh so useful Prime free shipping instead.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The reason I went for it is because I don't want another Revan situation and I'm not taking ANY chances with Jaina. Any other figure, I'd wait.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Fair. I'm leaning towards it, especially if it's as easy with PayPal as it appears. But you're right - it's Jaina. I won't chance it.

Revan is still available, though. Just expensive.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, if I want to spend like 200 dollars or something I can get a 6 inch Revan-shaped piece of plastic. :p

Paying potentially 2x as insurance against paying 10x isn't that crazy to me, and I'd only do it for this figure (where it's crazy we even got it at all).

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Amazon is having the Black Series Revan as 45 bucks for me?
    [​IMG]

But no, I agree with you on principle. It's a decent plan/

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh. I've literally never seen him that cheap.

But ironically for this whole discussion, turns out I'm not even willing to pay 2x the cost for Revan. It's... not actually that great a figure.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I mean, I don't even like the whole KOTOR era, sooooo

Now, give me TotJ figures...

Gamiel likes this.
  11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You never did a Tarisan bar crawl in your undies while playing KotOR?

12. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I really really hope I can a Jania figure, my life depends on it.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Aha, turns out Revan was re-issued in a current figure wave -- that's why it doesn't cost an arm and a leg anymore.

Good on Hasbro for making it available again.

Rev Antilles is a classy gentlebeing.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I've stepped down as a Literature moderator.

I wanted to do it entirely on the downlow and then slink away into an unlit area but decided it was probably best to let you all know. So, here I am. Letting you know.

I'm not actually slinking away, of course. What I am doing is abandoning responsibilities I no longer want and had stopped living up to. As I told my once-fellow mods a few days ago, I'm no longer interested enough in SW literature to remain a manager of this particular community.

I'll still be around.

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Enjoy your retirement, Uli. By retirement, I mean that I fully expect you to be a cantankerous old Mod (presumably yelling at people to get off his lawn) with a heart of gold and a splash of British charm. [:D]

Thank you for your service. Endland Expects Every Man To Do His Duty. You did. [face_peace] (insert Union Jack emoji here)

God Save The Queen!

--Adm. Nick

anakinfansince1983 and Gamiel like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You managed how many years of dealing with unseen (and seen) scum and villainy? It's always good to know when you're no longer suited for a role.

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    My reaction to Ulicus being uninterested in Star Wars Lit:

[​IMG]

LelalMekha and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Damn now I don't have a favorite mod anymore. First Havac and now Uli. No one to shower ❤️and affections on anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    TRAITOR

[​IMG]

;)
    Seriously dude gonna miss you being a mod but it's good that you can step down if you feel uninterested in the topic you are modding for.

Also this creates a power vacuum so I look forward to Nick and Jello having a civil war[​IMG]

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, if it's Nick and Jello - it'd be a very civil war.

21. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Jello will have the finest Coruscanti combat-operatists to fight Nick's Mon Calamari Squid-Ballet-Ninjas.

Revanfan1, Jedi Ben, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  22. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    If it's Jay & I in a civil war (we're great pals in RL), the "war" would probably consist of a respectful debate, incorporating our respective knowledge in history, politics, and government. After discussing, we'd laugh, put on our smoking jackets, and presumably have a good brandy or cognac to toast and end of hostilities. [face_laugh][face_peace]

--Adm. Nick

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You forgot to mention the part where you send thousands of lower class people to their deaths, per tradition, before the post-discussion laugh. Typical.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I am not liking this post. I'm going to find some tea and throw it in the ocean to piss you off. No wait. That's what we do when we don't want a Brit in charge. Um. Wrong message. I'll think on this.

25. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Gotta go down the checklist of revolutionary tactics