main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I think you're mixing Procurator and Procursator here.

2. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    That's a very IJN looking ship.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Good point LelalMekha - spelling now fixed.

IMO the ship does a good job of looking pre-Clone Wars, and vaguely Marvel-esque (engines do most of the work there).

That said, Marvel battlecruisers were the inverse of this in some ways - instead of being chunkier than an ISD, the main hull was flatter than an ISD - and instead of having a proportionally more protruding reactor bulge, they had no visible reactor bulge at all.

4. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
  5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I like it. It looks ugly and primitive, but that's a good thing. It seems like it came from another age of destroyers. A sort of relic. Much like the Praetor.

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Jedi Academy Sourcebook mentioned that they got destroyed.

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm hoping that ships of the Raddus-type MC cruiser are named after heroes of the Rebellion. The Raddus, the Bail Organa, the Kenobi, etc. I'm hoping that we'll learn that the Raddus wasn't the first of it's class, but that multiple warships were commissioned prior to the end of the Galactic Civil War.

--Adm. Nick

Senator Wan and vncredleader like this.
  8. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I've always wanted a New Republic ship named after CIS folks - a Count Dooku*, a San Hill, a Admiral Trench, the like. The CIS remnants are an important part of the Rebel Alliance**, and I'd like to see that featured more. Cassian was a good first step.

*A common name in my Star Wars fanfic.

**I've always sorta wished they had Garm Bel Iblis be a CIS leader, rather then a Republican.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He did declare Corellia neutral during the Clone Wars as I recall from TEGTW - refusing to lend support to either side.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't see anyone naming ships after Dooku regardless of politics, unless it's that neo-Separatist state mentioned in EE. Dude wasn't exactly a saint.

11. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't see anyone naming ships after Dooku regardless of politics, unless it's that neo-Separatist state mentioned in EE. Dude wasn't exactly a saint.

draw73 likes this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Agreed. That be like if in Trek the Federation had a ship called the Kruge. That would just be strange

SheaHublin likes this.
  13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Or the U.S. having monuments to Confederate generals. Or Chris Columbus being a celebrated figure rather than a genocidal maniac.

It's not out of the ordinary for people who have done very, VERY questionable things to be commemerated in some way.

The Alliamce owes their spirit to a man and a movement that had the gall to separate themselves from a government they claimed was corrupt. (I'm sure the Rebel Alliance has made some sort of official declaration separating their ideals from the Separatists).

14. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Or the U.S. having monuments to Confederate generals. Or Chris Columbus being a celebrated figure rather than a genocidal maniac.

It's not out of the ordinary for people who have done very, VERY questionable things to be commemerated in some way.

The Alliance owes their spirit to a man and a movement that had the gall to separate themselves from a government they claimed was corrupt. (I'm sure the Rebel Alliance has made some sort of official declaration separating their ideals from the Separatists).

15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    ........ok yeah that's REALLY fair but I would hope we could hold the alliance to a better standard than the United States

Snafu55 and Vthuil like this.
  16. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    ...It took me a moment to figure out that "Chris Columbus" wasn't the guy who directed the first two Harry Potter films.

17. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    And Home Alone 2, which is a very questionable legacy indeed. (Also, Trump is in this movie.)

Vthuil and vncredleader like this.
  18. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    No politics, plz.

19. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Um, he wasn't a genocidal maniac, last I checked.

20. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    What politics? I was just questioning the relevancy of this 9-second cameo by a billionaire. ;-)

21. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I actually find old references to Donald Trump hilarious - there's a panel in DC One Million (from the 90s) where Green Lantern talks about how they're walking into 'the biggest trap since Donald Trump met Ivana'.

22. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Please stay on topic guys. The current state of US politics isn't relevant to discussing the capital ships of the GFFA

--Adm. Nick

SheaHublin and Daneira like this.
  23. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Fair enough though is stuff like the precedent of Columbus having statues ok to talk about in relation to Seppie leaders having ship names?

24. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    Columbus wasn't involved in any war, real or fictitious.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  25. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah but the point is about would the people of the GFFA be honoring people who did terrible things due to their historical importance

26. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    In case you guys didn't see the announcement on Twitter or the new thread, there is a new mobile game in development called Rise to Power that is set during the year between Endor and Jakku. It is billed as a strategy game where the users build "fleets of starships" to help the New Republic or Empire in the war for control of the Galaxy!

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that some of the ships the New Republic player can build are Starhawk battleships and Raddus heavy cruisers. ;) :D

--Adm. Nick

27. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh man all this stuff with the bombers and the Raddus I totally forgot our ongoing battle to get images of Starhawks