main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Star Wars Adventures & SWA: Forces of Destiny comics (IDW)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

Chris Ryall‏ @chris_ryall
    She will be...

IDW Publishing: Stars of 2018

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/48725/IDW-Publishing-Stars-of-2018
    October 07, 2017, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
    1A02
    What does IDW have planned for 2018 and beyond? Here's your first chance to find out! Join IDW CCO Chris Ryall, Group Editor Sarah Gaydos, and Editor Joe Hughes, along with Sword of Ages creator Gabriel Rodriguez and other talented-creators-to-be-named-later as they show and tell all about IDW's upcoming slate of books, including a focus on our twin Stars, Star Wars and Star Trek! Bonus: everyone in attendance will receive a cool little promo item as well!

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There are tons of characters that aren't Ahsoka and haven't been featured in TWO TV series, one NOVEL centered around them, and now special Youtube shorts. The Ahsoka fans never seem to get enough.

3. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars Adventures #2 preview.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce, Revanfan1 and spicer like this.
  5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, that's definitely a Dynamic-class. Looks just like the Ebon Hawk.

RafSwi7 and spicer like this.
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Wow, you're right. It definitely is. Slightly different landing struts but otherwise identical.
    I don't know where that other picture on wookieepedia came from, but it looks like someone drew it from just a detailed description of the ship or just from memory (like the first drawings in the west of the USSR's MIG 29 and SU 27 in the 1980's).

spicer likes this.
  8. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    UK readers, there is a way to get this after all.

It can be bought on Comixology for £2.49.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

True, that is why it's called a dynamic class afterall, for its ability to be easily modified. The SW: Uprising version does kind of look like the original ship could be hidden underneath (although I think the picture got mirrored because the ramp is on the wrong side).

11. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    My 7yo daughter loved it, and I loved her reading it to me. Really fun book, and I dug the Wild Space tie-in back-up feature!

Jedi Ben and Endol like this.
  12. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I am so glad we are getting more Ahsoka here! I cannot wait until we see what they are doing "special" with her.

Also, would be cool if they really did have
    that ship be the Ebon Hawk. Even better if they had some Gizka on there, I would laugh and love it.

RafSwi7 and tatooinesandworm like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Really fun read and I thought the art in the main story was fantastic. It has a cartoony look (complete with *zip* lines!) but it's very dynamic and sold a sense of movement. The backup story was neat, although I wasn't entirely as enamored of it as the main story. Maybe the framing device of the guy on the ship didn't click for me. But I loved the Rey story and, oddly, it sets up that she has to go *save* Unkar Plutt, which is kind of hilarious. Her sense of goodness, and dry sense of humour, shines through even though she's in a scavenging hell hole.

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wow, Unkar comes off as extra ungrateful in TFA if Rey's saved his life before.

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Are these supposed to be canon or just fun "what if" type of stories like the old Tales comic?

17. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Canon

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

DarthJaceus and MrDarth0 like this.
  18. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
  19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Rey getting physically hurt in the #2 preview what Jedi devilry is this?! :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars Adventures #5 covers and synopsis.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(W) Landry Quinn Walker (A/CA) Eric Jones
    With their diplomatic mission turned into a debacle, can Leia and Luke possibly salvage the situation? We hope so because the future of the Rebel Alliance may depend on it!
    Plus an exciting new Tales of Wildspace!

In Shops: Dec 13, 2017

MercenaryAce and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Yup, the ship looks exactly like the Ebon Hawk. Not sure about the colors and we don't have a name or a designation, but it is the same model for sure.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    So, I loved the Evaan story. It was delightfully old-school. BUT... there's a problem.
    First, a summary of the story: an ISD II and its contingent of TIEs attack the evacuating Rebels. But we're told (by Leia) that there's a plan: Evaan and a few soldiers are infiltrating the ISD in order to take control of it. The party manages to incapacitate the crew, but turns out that the ISD is programmed to hit the Great Temple at full strength in five minutes. As the troopers can't bypass the security protocols, Evaan decides to take things in her own hands. Using a Raider-class corvette she found in the warship's hangar, she programs said corvette to ram into the ISD, hoping it will deviate its course, and then promptly escapes in a life pod. At first, it looks like it didn't work. But in fact, the ISD did move, ever so slightly, and when it fires, the beam barely grazes the Temple, and hits a mountain a little further, blasting off its summit.

The problem: It's pretty clear it can't have happened. Remember the Princess Leia mini? Leia and Evaan left Yavin 4 when they had just started the evacuation procedures, and the Rebels were still on the moon when Leia came back alone.

23. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    It's framed as an in-universe story. Continuity problems can be chalked up to in-universe inaccuracies.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, of course. But it's just that I really wanted it to work.

revan772 likes this.
  25. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm still not entirely conivnvced these comics are canon. Not that that is a problem, for as long as they are good (which I think so far they are) that's all that matters.

SilentGuy66 likes this.