main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Of course the truth is that Ben and Obi-wan were brothers.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    They just need to get him to tuck in the arms...

[​IMG]

3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Entertainment journalists out there. Do us a favor and ask Ewan MGregor about this thing.

J7Luke, Mostly Handless and TadoFett like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's not like he would be able to give an answer though.

5. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Yes, but non-answers are often just as revealing as answers.

J7Luke and Mostly Handless like this.
  6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes, like Frank Oz's indirect confirmation that Yoda is in TLJ.

7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    It's not like all of LFL's energy is geared toward Han Solo, Episode 9 and Obi-Wan.

They haven't announced Obi-Wan as the next stand-alone film because they haven't decided that it'll be next in line. They haven't even hired a director for it. LFL has several SW films in various stages of development. Whichever they settle on a script/director of first, that'll be the next film announced and released after 9.

8. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    They.
    Haven't.
    Even.
    Announced.
    Obi-Wan.

I wish the title of this thread didn't have that word in it!

Vib3s and Mostly Handless like this.
  9. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    "Leaked" rather than "Announced".
    Every now and then someone says "Why hasn't Ewan McGregor said anything?".
    It's because no one has said anything about anything officially.

10. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Leia was a politician too. Seemed pretty trustworthy to me.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well that ended well for Han. Oh wait...

MrDarth0 and ZY-Fighter like this.
  12. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Is this going to be another 'Alden is cast as Han Solo' thing? Where it's announced at something like a Celebration despite everyone having known about it for months?

13. Rogue Seven

Rogue Seven Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    Honestly. I've said for YEARS that they merely need to make a Kenobi film be a space western version of Yojimbo. It would be....perfection.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I watched Last Days In The Desert last night and I thought the beginning was sort of perfect for the Kenobi film. Just Obi-wan alone in the desert. Replace the devil with a hallucination of Anakin and it's perfect. That's the kind of film I hope this is.

15. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    And this was somehow due to Leia’s untrustworthiness?

16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    But his reaction will give us a clue to his intentions.

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I believe I've said it on here already before, but I'd love to see a Kenobi movie. There's definitely a compelling story I'm sure they could come up with, but there's also so much more that could be put in there. What I'd really hope to see is three main things:

1. Obi-Wan learning to commune with Qui-Gon and all the stuff about force ghosts etc. It would really fill in that gap, making the (too) brief bit of Yoda's dialogue about this in ROTS much less out of place, and rather make much more sense as to why it wasn't fleshed out there. Great cameo opportunities for Qui-Gon and Yoda!

2. The film taking place early on in the days of the Empire-like just a matter of two or three years after ROTS. I'd love to see how all that transition plays out in the galaxy, different looking imperial vehicles, just the very first inklings of the Rebel Alliance, etc.

3. More conversations between Obi-Wan and the Lars'. This might be less likely, but it would be interesting to see how Obi-Wan interacts with Owen, and perhaps some sort of falling out between them-while Luke is just a toddler. This would connect nicely with the way Owen talks about him in ANH: "that wizard's just a crazy old man..." "Your uncle wouldn't allow it, he feared you might follow me on some damn-fool idealistic crusade, like your father did..." That would be awesome to see how those feelings all developed. Clearly they seem bitter towards eachother, likely about Luke's destiny and whether or not he should simply be kept from all that. I'd LOVE to see all that fleshed out.

I agree, this has the potential to be a great film-and I'd love to see Ewan have another go!

Ren Kylo and MrDarth0 like this.
  18. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I hope so. Someone playing a young Luke who looks a bit like Mark, but not really.

11-4D and Mostly Handless like this.
  19. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    If the idea of a 'Jedi Hunter' antagonist were used in this film, do you think LFL would use the opportunity to introduce the Imperial Inquisitors in Live-Action?

20. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Agreed, but I wish they would! This is the next anthology film I want to see.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  21. Uncivilized

Uncivilized Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2015
    I personally don't understand the fascination with force ghosts. I wouldn't expect Disney to spend much time on that. Maybe a brief conversation with Qui-Gon.

The interaction with the Lars' would definitely be interesting and fun to see.

Ultimately the movie would need some kind of action such as Obi-Wan being hunted.

Maybe an agent of the Empire discovers Luke and Obi-Wan has to do everything in his power to prevent that information from getting out.

J7Luke and ZY-Fighter like this.
  22. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Remarkable Meghan Markle?

23. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    The "From a Certain Point of View" book (which is really good, by the way) makes me want this film even more. There's something wonderful about having the little corners of the ANH world fleshed out. This book will, I think, permanently affect my viewing of ANH, and in a good way. I think an Obi-Wan film, if done right (as Rogue One was) could do the same thing.

24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I haven't read it but i hear that "A Certain Point of View" has revealed that Qui Gon can actually appear as a force ghost?

If we get an obi wan movie it seems like a missed opportunity not to have him appear.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Maaayyybee. Pablo Hidalgo said that some of the stories were canon, some weren't. It's kind of like the old Star Wars Tales anthology comic, where authors were free to tell whatever story they wanted, and if it fit into canon, great, and if not, no big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.