main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    BookExogorth, Kayn used to race stolen swoops on the streets in his misspent youth. I'm sure he could be persuaded to "acquire" one for you.

Now I'm thinking Kayn ought to get one too, and I'm remembering a picture I saw of an old motorcycle that would make an interesting swoop...

[​IMG]

Yeah, I can picture Kayn ripping through the bad streets on that with a toothy devilish grin.

2. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Swoop bikes could be a fun thing for SQ to tinker with...

BookExogorth and Sarge like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You guys are getting serious!! scaring me!!!

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Nothing to be ssscared of here..."

[​IMG]

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    *adds "first to get injured in a swoop accident" as a category in the betting pool"

6. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    *Adds "First to be squished by a Hutt" to the betting pool*

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I have no idea what a Limmie 7 is (though I know what Limmie is). Is it possible for the ball to get punted into space? Wouldn't the magcon field prevent that?

I figure swoops & most personal vehicles are acquired later; I mean would people really drag one to Hoth? (I don't know how old that motorcycle is that Sarge found, but YUM!!!)

Man, Bardan_Jusik, you'd better have that first post ready to hit the boards at crack of dawn Sunday; people are just chomping on the bit! (We're still on Hoth, folks!)

Sarge and Adalia-Durron like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    At the moment I'm planning on Monday for the first post as I will be rather busy this weekend. :p

Chyntuck and Adalia-Durron like this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Mistress_Renata, that bike is a 1930 Henderson, and now that you've read that you know as much about it as I do.

I used my mad photoshop skilz (ha!) to blur out the wheels on this pic and make it look like it's floating. Impressive, no? Yeah... no, but good enough.

[​IMG]

I used my CGI sorcery skills the same way on a couple of classic/custom roadsters to turn them into landspeeders. These are the kinds of rides that Kayn would happily hotwire and drive 'em like he stole 'em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Double post. This one didn't show up so I wrote it again.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hm. I got Max uploaded as an avatar, but the IMG thing isn't working. Guess Google Photos doesn't work; I'll have to figure out some other place to park her, if I want to share. Just picture the girl next door in a flight suit.

Those vehicles are gorgeous, Sarge! I do love those 1930s streamline Art Deco lines!

Adalia-Durron , Chyntuck and Sarge like this.
  12. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    Some sweet rides Sarge.

I can't wait to see the chaos that Monday will bring...

Sarge and Mistress_Renata like this.
  13. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Cool, Sarge, but not really her style. The Mobquet Overracer from the picture on this page looks more like what she'd be into.
    Not that you'd know her well enough to know that she used to race. She seems private.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I upload to tinypic or Imgur these days-- they're free and quick. But I like her look :D

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I use flickr, also free and easy to use.

BookExogorth, I've always liked that drawing of the Mobquet, but never seen any other images. Closest thing I've found is this one:

[​IMG]

16. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Or we could just steal one of the Imperial Scout trooper's bikes. They wouldn't miss one...
    Not exactly a swoop, but still...

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks so much for that image of Foodie with a blaster Outsourced :)

Mistress_Renata Google Photos will work to hotlink pics here if you've made them public. All you have to to is create a shared folder for the images you want to hotlink and make sure that "anyone with the link can see the photos" is activated under "sharing options".

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If I had to guess what Wolf would have, I would guess she would be flying something like this in her time off. . .and yes that silver stub would be a blaster out the nose ;)

[​IMG]

19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Very much in keeping with the Rebel Alliance!!! Plus, military issue, could be much faster than most civvie bikes. I love that Henderson, though. Max wouldn't care one way or another (in fact it's black; she'd have to have it repainted another color), but I'D ride it!

I am so stupid about these things... it looks like I share the whole folder? Maybe I'll look into the tinypics or imgur; so much less confusing. Google wants me to share EVERYTHING! WITH THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! (I do need to put up that nice Calrissian cover you made me, too; might inspire me to post more installments).

Chyntuck, Mostlymad and Sarge like this.
  20. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    Yeah, so the shareable link via Google Drive doesn't really work too well Mistress_Renata

After you have it shared, open up the picture in Google Drive by double clicking it. Then right click on the picture and select "View Image". Then right click the image again and select "Copy Image Location". Use that link to paste into the Enter Image URL link when you hit the picture button. That should work.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Since a couple of our players were hesitant about playing pilots, I thought I would share a little free advice on the subject. (If anybody here didn't know already, I have a private pilot license and also was a US Air Force flight engineer with many missions over Iraq.) So, free advice, guaranteed to be worth every penny you paid for it, or your money back! We'll start with communications, because communication is key.

[​IMG]

Here's how a normal radio call should go: "Hoth traffic control, Rogue 8, on Launchpad Beta, request clearance for takeoff to the south heading 180."

Start by naming whoever you're trying to call, then identify yourself and your location. Then comes the substance of the message: in this case a clearance request, or it could be a question, or a status report.

"All ships, Rogue 8 reporting in 10 km east of Echo Base at altitude 1000 meters, inbound for emergency landing with control system damage, request medical and crash crews to stand by."

That call lets everyone know to stay out of the way of Rogue 8 until the emergency is over.

In dogfights and combat situations, it's very important to keep transmissions as short and succinct as possible. Comm frequencies can only handle one person broadcasting at a time, so if someone is gabbing away on the radio, he's not allowing anyone else to talk. And someone else might be trying to say something more important! Instead of "Hey Skew, this is Mean Streak, there's a TIE interceptor coming up beneath your tail, turn hard to your left immediately" just say, "Skew, break left, TIE under your tail." Use the fewest words you can to convey the critical information, and get them out quickly and clearly. And if you need to acknowledge that you've received a transmission but don't have anything to say back, just click your transmit button. Pilots understand that the clicking sound means that you heard the message and don't have time to talk about it right now.

I doubt many rebel pilots have had a lot of formal military pilot training and they seem to sound more casual on the radios than professionally trained pilots do. I'd expect characters like Joy would sound a lot more disciplined in radio use than green kids like Kid, but y'all might surprise me.

And just for fun, feel free to throw in some slang/banter/jargon that no one understands, as long as it sounds cool. :cool:

22. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    Former Air Force guy myself... here's a page with a lot of Aviator Jargon for all you straight out of the package stick-throttle interconnects out there.

https://www.tailhook.net/AVSLANG.htm

Sarge, Chyntuck, TheAdmiral and 2 others like this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Getting scared again....

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

BookExogorth and Mostlymad like this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Beaded up for bag season, alert soon.[face_alien]

Yeah Wolf won't really be talking like that at all, probably will tell those that do to 'speak basic!' :p

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Bloody tablet double post. . .*Grumble grumble*

26. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I have some questions to the Air Force guys in regards to certain procedures. Should I ask them here or PM them as not to clutter the thread?

27. Mostlymad

May 12, 2017
    Ask here, others may have the same question.

28. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Since Joy will be in a Y-wing and probably will be engaging ground targets or bigger vessels to whom must she report since it is a mixed squadron: the squadron leader or a commander in a Rebel vessel? For example "Permission to engage [INSERT TYPE OF VESSEL OR GROUND TARGET]?"
    Also should she announce when she fires a missile for example "Mynock 1 launched." and announce whether the target is hit or not and assessment of the effect it had?

These are for now, I will probably ask more.

Adalia-Durron and Outsourced like this.