main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    That's assuming Vader took the time to look after killing any Clawdites posing as other Jedi. Considering he was fighting a lot of Jedi, he might not have had time to.

Any Clawdite posing as Nu would realize it's not meant to protect her forever, just delay Vader enough for the real Nu to make her escape.

2. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I was just looking at this Legends article listing all Holodramas confirmed: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holodrama/Legends , and it occurred to me for the sake of this project that some of the newer films that come out can instead be retconned to actually be one of these holofilms.

I'm not suggesting that every single new movie now automatically be listed as an in-universe holofilm (that would be too easy for this project ;) ). But stuff like, say, the upcoming Han Solo film--this could possibly be retconned in One Canon to be 'Han Solo and the Pirates of Kessel' or 'Han Solo in the Lair of the Space Slugs' depending on what the film itself actually depicts. If any new film coincidentally happens to coincide with what is known about any of the in-universe holofilms, why not retcon them in One Canon to be the holofilm itself?

spicer likes this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    This was probably mentioned earlier, but One Canon explanation for Vader's late arrival in Rogue One at Scarif: he was dealing with the Rebels at Toprawa who were stealing a portion of the plans. During the battle, he was notified by Tarkin that the complete set of plans at Scarif were in danger, so he quickly wiped out Bria Tharen's troops, then headed to Scarif.

4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    But if the Tantive IV was at Scarif, who did the Rebels at Toprawa send the plans to?

Vialco likes this.
  5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    That's a good point. I forgot about the Tantive IV being there at Toprawa as well.

6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe the Tantive III/Sundered Heart was at Toprawa and, like in ROTS, mistaken for the Tantive IV?

SpecForce Trooper and PCCViking like this.
  7. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    How are you going to resolve the fact that (spoiler for Darth Vader Lord of the Sith comic 6)
    the Rebels Grand Inquisitor got his job circa 19 BBY and held it for 15 years until Rebels with the other Legends Grand Inquisitors like Malorum and Hydra?

On an off-tangent note, I'm not liking this trend of having certain people like Mas Amedda and now the person I stated hold their jobs for so long throughout the reign of the Empire. I doubt Palpatine would let anyone other than Vader and himself hold such power for too long.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Grand Inquisitor seems to be a secret one to start off. After Malorum and Hydra are gone, he is simply public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicer and PCCViking like this.
  9. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Emperor ordered Vader to have a second group of Inquisitors on stand by to deal with the official group of Inquisitors (Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister, etc.) as a fail safe. The "official" Inquisitors may not know about the others, akin to the Emperor's Hands not knowing about each other, thinking they're the only Hand.

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    According to the latest issue of the new Vader series by Marvel
    Sheev has been preparing the inquisitors well before he declared himself Emperor. Chronologically, the inquisitors first appear in this issue of Darth Vader which takes place ~1 week after Order 66 is issued. So he's had this batch probably for years now. IIRC, the inquisitors in Legends are first introduced chronologically in Evasive Action, and when we first meet them they haven't been turned to the dark side yet. So, we can assume that there is one inquisitor group that has been trained by Sheev at least during the Clone Wars if not earlier than that, and another that was formed post Order 66. Makes sense, or am I forgetting a few Legends stories?

11. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    spoiler for Vader, Lord of the sith 6 comic
    I'm also a bit surprised the Grand Inquisitor is already full fledged evil in 19 BBY. I think by word of Filoni he was a good Jedi circa 20 BBY at Ahsoka's trial, so what exactly happened in this 1 year period? He just went bad just like that? He was bad all along?

Strange, I kind of thought we'd see Vader capturing him and converting him, not GI being a full fledged Grand Inquisitor in 19 BBY

BobaMatt likes this.
  12. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    In Evasive Action the Inquisitors were quite public. Maybe Malorum was just the public leader, and the Pau'an was the true leader. It always seemed weird that the Inquisitors were public. Their purpose was too shady. Let's say the "Inquisitors" (Malorum, Tremayne, Pasiq, etc) led troops in the Rim Reconquest and appeared in propaganda while their secret kin hunted Jedi.

Sinrebirth , spicer and PCCViking like this.
  13. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I try to make my EU fit in to Canon timeline also. My friends think I am crazy haha

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm not a total convert to working it all together as one but there are a whole bunch of one-off stories that can totally still fit, stuff like the Brian Daley Han Solo novels can fit in no problem, just random adventures they had when smuggling. Probably a chunk of Marvel's original run too, those were pretty self contained.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002

Keep in mind Anakin was also a good Jedi circa 20 BBY

Revanfan1, Daneira and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    My thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...can-still-reasonably-fit-into-canon.50043107/ is probably more to your tastes. It's a list that includes the standalone Legends stories that can fit into canon.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m assuming that the numbered Inquisitors are a proto-seven Dark Jedi Group, a hierarchy created before the Clone Wars ended. One is secret, another public. To the general Imperial, an Inquisitor is an Inquisitor.

18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe the unnumbered Inquisitors are seen as potential Emperor's Hand candidates and/or replacements for Vader, while the numbered are treated more like cannon fodder.

Darth Caliban and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  19. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    One thing that I find odd about new canon is the hype over kyber crystals--they are needed for all superweapons and everyone's looking for them now. (It also completely undermines Motti's argument in ANH that Death Star technology beats the Force when said technology is built using Force-using crystals). Now Kyber crystals are the end all, be all resource in the new canon, like tiberium was in the Command and Conquer franchise.

I was playing Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, a very good Legends RTS game that you can still buy on Steam, and noticed hilariously that kyber crystals are nowhere to be found. You mine ore, nova crystals, food and carbon--but no kyber. :p

Could one canon retcon the ore (which looks like crystals) being mined in Galactic Battlegrounds as Kyber? :eek:

Nom von Anor likes this.
  20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I don't think that would be necessary, as in Galactic Battlegrounds (great game btw!) the resources you are mining, including the ore are supposed to be rather common and essential valuables in the GFFA. Kyber on the other hand is supposed to be special and relatively rare (can be found on a few planets, as opposed to the ore in Battlegrounds which is found almost everywhere, including asteroids IIRC).

Daneira likes this.
  21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Finally got around to reading the latest issue of Vader: DLOTS today, and this very topic came to mind - but only briefly, because I more or less agree with what everyone else said. Having multiple groups of Inquisitors un-or only vaguely aware of each other's existence and part of separate chains of command beneath the Sith is totally in keeping with Palpatine's character, the Hands situation, and thematic parallels to Nazi Germany. It's a pretty easy broad strokes fix, as these things going.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That’s exactly my thoughts. The Numbered Inquisitors also seem to predate Palpatine being Emperor.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if finding Force sensitives to send to Palpatine was one of Dooku's tasks, before and during the Clone Wars. In fact, wasn't there a storyline about this in the Clone Wars TV series?

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    There's a storyline about him searching for Force-sensitive children, yeah, at the start of season 2. (Though he's operating mainly through Cad Bane and separately from the CIS - which I find kinda interesting.)

25. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Something i wondered about what rised it's head again after TLJ is the issue of why the Jedi in TOR chose to go to Tython instead of Ahch-To, the place of their first temple

Was it because they knew of the Porgs there and feared that they would be driven to the darkside, by them annoying the s... out of the Jedi?