main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Music Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Abrapork Lincoln, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    One early release of Journey into the Star Cluster had "Vnayeg" in the URL, which led me to headcanoning that being the Lasat word for "Journey"
    Sometimes those nonsense letters in video URLs come in handy, don't they?

There's times I forget I'm watching a TV show when watching TCW/Rebels and I love both series because of that

Kiner is...frankly amazing

Findswoman likes this.
  2. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Journey through the Star Cluster is based on a Philip Glass score Koyaanisqasti, specifically the track Pruitt Ignoe. Both tracks are awesome, I think it was a brilliant homage, used at the exact right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Findswoman likes this.
  3. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
    Anyone here able to read music? David Glen Russell has posted an excerpt of the score sheet for a cue from the first part of Zero Hour on his Twitter, and is challenging people to guess where it is in the episode.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    sounds like the 4/4 violin part at :20

5. Darth Mahler

Darth Mahler Composer - The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Bad Batch VIP

Dec 3, 2016
    I did score the first 55 seconds of this video, but the excerpt I posted isn't from this cue. This is from the "second half" of the ep and the excerpt happens earlier, in the first half of the show. The musical gesture is very similar though! You are getting very warm!

I'll give another hint, the excerpt comes from a cue that takes place "in space" and is earlier in the show.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    ah, I believe I've found it now with those extra hints. But where's the fun in spoiling the search for others? Without giving anything away, is it mixed together with a particular engine sound effect? That made it a bit difficult to confirm.

7. Darth Mahler

Darth Mahler Composer - The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Bad Batch VIP

Dec 3, 2016
    Hmmmm, I was looking at my rough video when I chose the excerpt so the SFX were lowered, but it is certainly possible a certain engine noise may mask the descending run in the violins!

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He is the second best composer in Star Wars

Vinylshadow likes this.
  9. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    And now here's the answer (the first cue, specifically at 00:19):

10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    yep.

11. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  12. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Some new series 3 music from the complete series DVD (I've updated the spreadsheet to include these):

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Last Battle Begins is Battle of Christophsis from the TCW movie (except from the last 3 seconds):

14. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    I'm well aware of that. I only added it as it's included on the DVD menu as the tracked edit from the episode.

15. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Saw Gererra has a cool theme. I hope it's the selection this week for the episode guide.

16. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, oh, oh, this is the thread I've been looking for! :eek:

So, apropos the absolutely stunning "Journey into the Star Cluster" from "Legends of the Lasat": I'm an organist, and have been working on arranging that piece for organ. Thus far I've been "reverse engineering" by transcribing directly from the recording/YouTube video (karabast, all those dictation exercises in aural skills classes in college have to be good for something!), but now that I've come to the climactic sort of "wall of sound" passage (where the hyperdrive comes back on and the Ghost is bathed in light), it's just not possible for me to work that way—too many notes sounding all at once. :p

So I wonder—and I asked this question about three months ago in the Music Tavern too, but without result—does anyone know if any of Kevin Kiner's music from Star Wars: Rebels is available in sheet music form for purchase anywhere, either as arrangements or as the full score? If so, is that piece among what's available? (Apologies if this has already been answered in this thread.)

Also, now that I'm starting to catch up with S3 and have heard Thrawn's theme, I'm glad to hear some organ represented in the Rebels score and may try a similar arrangement with that piece. Though at the same time, I'm getting just a little tiny bit tired of the old "organ = evil" stereotype, you know? :p (Any other organists here, perchance?)

18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015

I never really paid much attention to this thread, but I had to partake when I had a proper listen to this track. And now that I have, I've fallen in complete love with it. I can listen to it for ages. It sounds so powerful and invokes a lot of emotion. I dunno how I couldn't have noticed it watching Trials Of The Darksaber for the first time.

Easily one of my favourite Star Wars tracks already

19. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  20. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Completely agree; Sabine’s Suite is an amazing song (and I love Sabine's theme and its many variations). I first heard it not long after the episode came out, and basically I’ve been addicted to it ever since. I’m not surprised that you didn't notice it the first time, though. It’s not really played very prominently in the episode and I kind of tend to focus on the dialogue more than the music; so it’s pretty easy to miss. I'm still hoping that they'll release the season 3 soundtrack with Sabine's Suite arranged just the way it is as one of the tracks.

Also, I’m really glad they released the track for the part where Ezra rides the Loth-wolf; the song sounded really interesting in the episode, and afterwards I wanted to listen to it by itself. It’s not as dramatic or actiony as I would’ve expected for the part where Ezra and Sabine are riding the loth-wolf, but it works really well, and I like that it has a kind of dreamy, mystical quality to it. The vocals and the slight start of the Force theme at the end are beautiful too.

MandoArtist likes this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    this is an excellent track. Am i the only one getting heavy Giacchino/R1 vibes? Particularly after the vocals.

22. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    The reuse of Zeb Rock and Zeb's comment on it was great in Crawler Commanders.

23. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Pain and Suffering likes this.
  24. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The music is so underrated in Rebels. I think the team has been spot on since the pilot. Hope this continues with future animated series.

Findswoman and Larsonator like this.