main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Yesterday I saw the "Hostage Crisis" again and some thoughts about the cancelled bounty hunter arc came to my mind:

I can imagine Cad Bane’s end to happen by the hands of Palpatine even. Palpatine in "Hostage Crisis" threatened Cad Bane that the latter would pay a huge price for his atrocities in and outside the senate. And if the Jedi would hire Bane and other bounty hunters for a secret mission to hunt down the second Sithlord while they themselves are waiting behind to let the trap snap in, Sidious could thwart their efforts, face Bane alone in the lower levels of Coruscant or wherever and reveal himself to him as his employer in the Children of the Force-Arc in s. 2. And then Bane would face even more torture he endured during the interrogation of Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan one year ago. It would be cool to see Palpatine as a Sithlord again in TCW. That would close two circles in Bane's life.

At the end of "Children of the Force" we see Anakin and Palpatine in the latter's office, while Anaking is doubting that Bane did steal the holocron and did abduct the children just on his behalf. Such an ending of Palpatine and Anakin together again in the chancellor's office would be a nice closure of that arc.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    From what we've seen of the Season 6 BH arc, it wouldn't have featured any Jedi, Sith or even Clones at all, and Bane's fate presumably comes at the hands of Boba Fett in a climactic gunfight. But as the full arc is unreleased, it's unclear exactly what happens to Bane. Though he probably died from being shot in the face.

kalzeth, Sudooku and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that's a safe bet

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If Bane was alive he would have been shoehorned into rebels by now

5. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Yep... like Boba Fett. :p

While I presumed Bane to be dead because he doesn't show up neither in ANH, ESB nor Rogue One.

Maybe we'll get another blue bounty hunter in TLJ with Jas Emari by Chuck Wendig's Aftermath-trilogy, if J. J. Abrams is about to invest in rubber-horns like in TPM again. ;)

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm starting to get a different vibe here that maybe next year we might get something? I don't now, maybe some truncated version of something. I don't think TCW is completely over yet. I have a feeling somewhere along the line we are going to get the Ashoka arc and maybe the ending one.

Snafu55 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Hope my friend. Hope. I sincerely doubt it, this is Disney were talkin' 'bout.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it's just business

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I think the problem behind finishing TCW is the fact that WB, Cartoon Network or both still have some distribution rights/share of the profit, and Disney isn't one to share.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, WB/CN have no distribution rights or profit shares from any future content since Season 5.

MandaloreRex2015 and Jesta' like this.
  11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Good to know, but then it also means that Disney simply pulled the plug on the show because it cost too much money.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's not the only reason. The show was expensive, yes, but its viewership was basically built on another network. To suddenly switch the show to one of their own networks after 6 years in a rival company made little to no sense. Let alone the fact that the tone of the show (specially in later seasons) was far from suitable to their channel.

It was better (business wise) to make a new show from scratch. Cheaper, toned down and with full control over its run.

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    This, plus they most likely wanted a fresh start rather than to pick up with season 6 of an existing show.

Every time this thread gets bumped I get excited there may have been news of something new coming, either animatics or books/comics :(

MandaloreRex2015, Sudooku and Jesta' like this.
  14. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017

Or to put it bluntly, inferior.

15. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I still think Bane could be very much alive. Hopefully we know for sure soon though.

16. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    You think we'll know before Celebration 2019? (assuming he doesn't show up in Rebels season 4)

17. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Honestly I do not expect anymore TCW stuff before then (I really hope I am wrong) but I am hoping for an arc (maybe this one?) to either be shown or announced as a comic / short movie / book / game or something. :)

Jesta' likes this.
  18. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I wonder why they wouldn't release all this stuff in other media? I mean if they won't do this show anymore, why would the keep this stuff away? You just have to finde people who make a comic or an book out of it and don't need a new script.

MandaloreRex2015 and kalzeth like this.
  19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    The bounty hunter arc probably contradicts what they have/had planned for a spinoff movie.

kalzeth likes this.
  20. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Sometimes I get down and think nothing else would come out, Rebels, really has changed my mind. I mean, so far, within Rebels, certain arcs are ending, that are from TCW. So in a weird nutshell there is some closure. Rebels is ending on a high note, especially being nominated for an Emmy and winning a Saturn Award. Not counting season 4. Both TFA and R1 have done super at the box office with TLJ in the pipe line and the theme park. Filoni just moved up big time in animation. Disney is getting their own streaming network in 2019. It is possible something will come out, yeah maybe not that expensive style of animation but for what they need to tell it doesn't have to be that fancy stuff at all. I don't need to see the trooper in the far background flipping in the air with an ornage sky and dropping down firing purple lasers in the background of the action.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But probably not how they were meant to end. I'd rather have that information in text than be changed/adapted/shoehorned into whatever new product they decide to make.

TetsuAero and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  22. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I'm with you on that. I have minor feeling that if they got an arc greenlit, some exec would force in a bunch of connections to the ST.

Jesta' and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  23. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Alexrd- I agree with you, I don't want some mikey mouse Donald duck ending. But something for closure. You know, what I like about the old EU? The clone wars program had closure. In fact, when taken into account the LOE novel was the best damn tie in to a movie. No other franchise can boast something like that. That, and volume 2/season 3 of the micro clone wars series and the Dark Horse Obsession comic. The one, two, three punch. Novel, comic book and animation, all leading up to ROTS. Taking those into account the clone wars ended wonderfully.

Sudooku, Jesta' and kalzeth like this.
  24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    vong333 I'm sure TCW would have a proper ending had they decided to let it be finished as intended. But sadly they decided against it. Take Darth Maul, for example. Obviously his storyline was meant to be dealt within the series. Now it has been shoehorned into their new TV series set after ROTS. I wouldn't mind that much if I had access to the version that was meant to be. But not only we haven't access to it, but we are stuck with what they decided to do now.

Jesta' likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Darth Maul was meant to Survive TCW San Witwer confirmed this.

MandaloreRex2015 and Sudooku like this.