main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 11: Tracker Trouble Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 1, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Rey and Chewie get into hijinks!

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Is that Han Solo or JC Denton?

"A Bomb!"
    [face_rofl]

Seriously, the writer has to be a Deus Ex fan.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    A fairly good episode. These episodes were billed as more focused on the the SW heroines; but this one seemed to give Chewie more of the credit than Rey.

5. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I didn't really need more material with Rey being an over-powered know-it-all. Still, at least it had Finn.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  6. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    What, how is Rey and overpowered know-it-all in this?

Sandtrooper956 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Did you see the way she sprinted down the corridor? People can't run that fast, that's just crazy!

Also she knew where the tracker was! Nobody could have known where it was, even if they had extensively worked on the ship in the past! That's just not plausible!

Jamie1001, Outsourced and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Yeah except they make him look a complete idiot. You'd think with his military training he'd know not to go grabbing suspicious bleeping devices like that, but no he dives straight in there. Then he just stands there holding an increasingly beeping bomb waiting for Rey and Chewbacca to save them all from being killed by his stupidity.

BTW, why does a tracking device disable the hyperdrive? Why does the bomb even have a timer? To purposely give the person who disturbed it time to get rid of it???? That bomb should have instantly blown the Falcon to bits the second Finn grabbed it.

La Calavera likes this.
  9. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I think Rey comes off as an "overpowered know it all" simply because there really isn't much else that is emphasized with her character. And its emphasized over and over again. Yeah Luke had his shining moment with the Death Star but before that point he relied on Han and Obi-Wan. The one thing he tries to accomplish before that point is a bungled rescue mission. Rey saves BB-8, beats everybody up single-handedly, flies the Falcon, fixes the Falcon, impresses Han Solo, beats a Skywalker descendant in her first lightsaber duel. And now she's finding secret trackers. None of this is particularly unrealistic per say, its just a poor substitute for actual characterization. Harry Potter's Hermione, for example, is also an overpowered know it all character but she has a character beyond that which makes her interesting (her "know it all" nature combined with a unique heritage turns her off to other characters in her world, which makes drama=interesting). Finn has the whole "lying about being a rebel, abandoning his life as a stormtrooper" arc that is actually interesting. Extraordinary abilities are ok in a character so long as they have a core story that is more interesting than those abilities. At least for me, Rey doesn't. My hope is that it will all become less eye-rolling when we learn more in TLW but for now she's a bit too two-dimensional.

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Rey continues to be bae

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  11. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    It’s not so much a problem with the FOD problem as problem with Rey in general being overpowered from what we've seen in TFA. FOD has pretty much kept her in character – it’s just in Tracker Trouble it seemed like she had to tell everyone what to do. She was the one who knew that they would have to find the special tracking device, and she was the one who knew that it was a bomb. But I know that this is a show about the heroines, so Rey is supposed to be the star. I guess I’m just a bit irked that she seems more capable of handling things aboard the Millennium Falcon than Han does, since you would think that as a former smuggler, he would have picked up a trick or two. I honestly like Rey (though I like Finn better) and think she's a really nice character, but I just wish she didn't have quite so many abilities and they would let some of the other characters handle things. I suppose I should just be grateful that Finn and Chewie got to help in this short.
    Actually, I think it was Chewie's idea of where to look for the tracker.

Grabbing the tracker device didn't actually seem all that dumb of a thing to do, considering that it was already beeping suspiciously before Finn ever touched it.

This short made me realize how disappointed I am that Finn doesn't look like he's going to be having a lot of interaction with Rey in TLJ; those two really work well together.

Meeko Ghintee likes this.
  12. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    This would actually be the second episode of this show I've seen. And I am done with it.

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

No, It's an incredibly dumb thing to do. Nobody with military training would do that!

Pain and Suffering likes this.