main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Forces of Destiny: New Animated Shorts Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm glad that they used a Chadra-Fan and not, say, a Twi'lek, a Rodian or an Abdenedo.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

AJ LoCascio@AJLoCascio
    I can finally announce: I voice younger Han Solo in @starwars #ForcesofDestiny coming out 10/29! THX @dave_filoni for this dream come true!

Kiff VandenHeuvel‏@kiffvh
    So proud to get to play #HanSolo #older in #ForcesofDestiny #trackertrouble #MilleniumFalcon is my ride... #vo #animation

3. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    Herr derr Chewie did an amazing job at finding the tracker, total Mary Sue guiz. :p

4. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I really do enjoy these for what they are. I find the episodes set during time lapses over Episode 7 to be particularly enjoyable.

This is third Rey adventure during Episode 7 that we have seen so far. Combine this with the added scenes from the official novel and the On the Run with BB-8 which is also set during the film, makes for an interesting and varied media experience.

CooperTFN likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    haven't seen tracker trouble yet (more Rey is something I'm always looking forward to). The Sabine one was decent, at least they saved a cute alien and you see Sabine hanging out with her buddy.

6. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I still don't see the point of this show. It's just crummy exposition filler and it has none of Tartakofskys short cartoon flair.

Dr. Steve Brule and vong333 like this.
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Is that Lego Batman? Bat-han?

"You. Ball. Scan the ship again." Their time together was too short.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I know I've seen too many of these cuz I almost have Maz's opening monologue memorized by now.

Yunzabit and Daneira like this.
  9. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Especially the strange halt she puts in the middle of "actions".

The ac-tions we take.

Vthuil, BigAl6ft6 and Daneira like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If they add Maz bookends to the broadcast version and don't put them online I'll be annoyed in a completist / OCD sort of way. Maz making soup and talking to someone about it "being a good night for telling stories" is canon, dammit!

11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  12. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  13. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    The last two episodes were the best imo, and refreshing tales that divert from the usual plot, that is,“characters usually get what they want by force rather than reason or diplomacy”. (un-ironic quote from Common Sense Media. Give Padme her own episode - without Ahsoka!)

I do have minor issues. One is, there was no need to double down on Finn’s uselessness in Rey’s episode. The other is that I would’ve rather seen Ahsoka learning the lesson from Anakin than shoehorned Yoda. I enjoyed TCW immensely, but the show never really convincingly answered the question to why it was a good idea to assign Ahsoka to Anakin, as I hardly saw her learning anything from him. On the contrary, whenever they wanted Ahsoka to learn anything of value, they paired her with other Jedi. Like in this episode. It’s like they are still afraid of owning that decision.

And especially, when the lesson is just “you should be yourself” – that sounds like something Ahsoka would have sooner learned from Anakin than from PT Yoda.

But that is just a minor issue. Good episode still.

14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So Unkar hired Rey to help him work on ships. Is that something created for this episode or has it been around prior to the release of Rey's latest FoD short? How does that correlate into what was said about Rey in previous works (the few novel stories we have gotten so far about Rey)? It at least definitely fits in well with TFA because it explains why Rey would have known so much about the ships

15. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017
    I think in the TFA novel Rey said that she had at least worked on the ship before and that she did fly it, just not out of the atmosphere.

16. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017
    I liked the Ahsoka episode, I liked how it showed her training with her two sabers, something that The Clone Wars never touched on, she just suddenly had them and knew how to use them.

17. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Loved the Ahsoka Yoda episode. The return of the Dojo and the same stance /fighting move of the lightsabers, crossed behind her back - straight from her Vader duel!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Good to see some lightsaber action but my favourite was tracker trouble, just cuz I always kinda dig whenever Finn is frantic. Also Han being surly to BB-8 is appreciated.

I guess in continuity, Finn is helping Chewie get patched up in the bunk when they escape the Garuvian Death Gang and Kanjiclub so this entire short would have occurred right after they jump to hyperspace, Chewie actually gets up and helps them find the tracker (Chewie had the bandage on his arm which was a nice touch), Chewie goes back to the bunk for "I need help with this giant harry thing!" and when Rey bypassed the compressor, leading into Han's "It's true, all of it." and them arriving at Maz's castle.

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, jeez, I forgot Rey could speak understand shyriiwook on top of everything else.

Major, for me. It was a hugely disappointing aspect of the main show, think. Entire episodes, plural, should have been devoted to Anakin's training of Ahsoka over the course of the series, and we got almost exactly jack and **** in that regard.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Why was Ahsoka's shoto lightsaber green and not yellow(ish) like in TCW?

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011

I think they said it was a lighter green.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I loved Padmé's all chrome N1. Nice nod to the fact she still gets to use royal chrome.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Last 2 episode synopses for 2017.
    Florian‏ @germanjedi
    1x15 "The Happabore Hazard" Rey gets into trouble trying to earn new portions.

Florian‏ @germanjedi
    1x16 "Crash Course" Sabine allows Ketsu to borrow her speeder bike.

24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...okay, now this sounds entertaining.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Argghhh just when they were getting better. Why is everyone so darned overprotective of Padme all the time, like she's randomly gonna die of a broken heart made of glass? Did the shadow of Jar Jar on TPM eclipse everyone's memory of what a badass she could be?