main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Whats a Force ability that probably exists but is never shown

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Quite true. I was mostly thinking in a particular, characteristic ability: swordsmanship was Dooku´s thing indeed, but it was also Maul´s... and then again, Sidious was shown to be an even better swordsman than both of them!

What I had in mind was something like Jerec´s long list of particular abilities, like the one called "Force destruction", his ability to see through the Force, or to dampen the Force connection of others. This last one was the one Hethrir was particularly known for... so I missed in Dooku a little something that was an expression of his own particular connection with the Force. He made a great political leader, nonetheless.

That´s an amazing ability. In Legends, didn´t he use Jeng Droga as a vessel after Endor?

Vialco likes this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

That sounds like Battle meditation and Force Fear/Horror/Insanity from KotoR.
    I don't think Palpatine could actually take control over anyone, he could affect them and dominate their minds though. The ability did exist in legends, Cronal and the Sorcerers of Rhand could take control over their pawns by using meltmasif crystal or Nihill mineral shadow crowns and the force.

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I think that an Emperor's Hand, someone whose very existence was to be an extension of the Emperor, would be very susceptible to direct mind control.

Again, it's just speculation, but I doubt Mara Jade had the mental strength to resist the Emperor's control while she was his servant.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't think we have seen any Force Powers that helps with making the harvest strong (or how you say that) but I think something like that probably exists.

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Force teeth cleaning

6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine maybe Hydrokinesis? Manipulation of water

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    ^ Seen in the first Clone Wars cartoon if I remember right

8. Pacified_llama

Pacified_llama Jedi Master star 3

Sep 15, 2017
    A lot of the RPG Force powers didn't materialize outside of the games - did we ever get Jedi/Sith defending themselves by Force shields/armor?

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Into the Void included a lot about using the force to resist other force users force attacks, and I assume that is also what Yoda did in AotC against force lightning, also in Obi-wan and Anakin's RotS fight (negating force pushes). Actual physical shielding via the force would just be manipulation of matter again.

10. Pacified_llama

Sep 15, 2017
    True, but I think negation/supression of Force powers is different from a physical shield that absorbs, say, energy from blasters, or a heat source. It is not manipulation as much as dissipation.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Ah I see what you mean. I can remember Darth Tenebrous protecting himself and Darth Plagueis from a gas explosion in the Darth Plagueis novel. Seems to have occurred quite often according to wookieepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_barrier

Pacified_llama likes this.
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Dooku levitated in both the Clone Wars Micro series and the ROTS novel right before confronting Obi-Wan and Anakin. In the movie, Dooku jumps up and flips over, but in the novel he levitates up and down to confront them. In Courtship of Leia Luke crossed his legs and from the stratosphere levitated down to the ground.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder if the force can enhance one's natural senses? Sight, hearing, smell, etc... The force acts largely as a sixth sense but can it enhance the senses innate in sentient beings? Can through the force one's eyesight be greater, one's hearing be greater.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Vader could force choke someone from across a room and even over greater distance whilst using vidcom. It ought to follow that such manipulation could be extended to other parts of the body including vital organs. Perhaps a force user could simply crush their opponent's heart. Though I suppose that this would end duels too quickly. Also, I don't think that this would be particularly cinematic.

15. Pacified_llama

Sep 15, 2017
    What about force camouflaging, or seeing beyond walls etc. as per Darth Invictus
    Again, quite RPG-like, but not unreasonable.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Using the force to target internal organs was something the EU occasionally did, I imagine it wasn't used in duels because it required a lot of concentration and opposing force users could block the attempt.

Vialco, Sarge and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  17. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Interesting, I had a feeling I'd poached that idea from somewhere. Perhaps I've read one of those instances and stored it in my subconscious. Yes, I imagine that you are correct as to why it wasn't used in duels.

18. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    The latter sounds very much like the miraluka, who had no eyes and an innate force connection that allowed them to see through the force. I wish it had been explored more.
    Invictus, in the Jedi Path, one of the steps that padawans take to strengthen their force abilities is enhancing the senses. The Jedi path even recommends focusing on the hum, sight, etc. of a remote, and programming it to travel away from you, using the force to do so longer than you normally could. Luke uses this in YJK.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  19. Pacified_llama

Sep 15, 2017
    Indeed - I believe KOTOR 2 is one of our biggest sources of Legends canon for the Miraluka.
    An awful lot hasn't actually ever been seen on screen, but we're all so familiar with it from the EU that we take it has common sense, I guess.

BookExogorth likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

That was one of the most basic abilities of Force Sense in the WEG RPG. IIRC, it was called Enhance Senses.

BookExogorth likes this.
  21. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I always thought the dreams came to Anakin directly from the force because of him being the chosen one.

22. Uncivilized

Uncivilized Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2015
    Force Head Explode. Only light side users are capable of this. Explains why we never see it.

23. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I never thought of Anakin's visions of the future as being anything unusual (manipulation from Palpatine, his status as the chosen one, ect.) I thought it was just a standard Jedi thing, like how Luke had visions of his friends in danger when he was on Dagobah.

Sarge and The Supreme Chancellor like this.
  24. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I always thought flying was under utilized. Only example I can remember of it is Dooku floating down to the coliseum floor in the CW microseries. Anakin sure could've made use of it on Mustafar.

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Dooku used self-levitation. Actual flight would probably require far greater amount of power and concentration. That Dooku was capable of force levitation I think shows how much of a master he was. Flying like a bird across great distances would require much greater ability. I think its something only Grand Master Luke could achieve, maybe Jacen if he reached his potential and DE Palpatine. For the latter two though I imagine it would stretched them to the absolute limit to achieve this.

Revanfan1 and SpecForce Trooper like this.