main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Appreciate the kind words, everybody.

That other TLJ project is the novelization. I saw they have it as a "book" at SDCC, which always entertains me and makes me want to know what the actual book underneath the cover is. When they showed off Essential Guide to Warfare at NYCC way before its release it was actually The Essential Guide to the Force.

I can't say a lot about Bomber Command, but it's by the same publisher as Rey's Survival Guide (Studio Fun) and takes a similar approach. I also think/hope it makes a good companion for Elizabeth Wein's novel Cobalt Squadron.

I assume by now the Cross-Sections book is self-explanatory. Great working with Kemp Remillard again, and LFL has been great about giving the two of us insight into the new ship designs.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I love that Jason got a freaking movie novelization and we only made it three posts without an Atlas question.

3. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Utmost congrats, Jason! You deserve it.

4. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    To answer Jason's question: The book that is under THE LAST JEDI cover at SDCC is Alex Freed's ROGUE ONE novelization.

5. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Glad to hear it. I collect the novelizations of the Disney Star Wars movies and it's been a little inconsistent in the past. I found the TFA adult novel to be underwhelming but really liked the junior one. Conversely, the adult novelization of R1 is one of my favorite Star Wars novels to date but I didn't like the junior one (it read like a summary to me, not a book). I like your writing and Michael Kogge, who wrote the TFA junior novel, is also doing the Last Jedi so I have a very good feeling about this.

KerkKorpil likes this.
  6. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    If we don't find out that Luke plays grav ball in his spare time , I fear there will be riots!

KerkKorpil likes this.
  7. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    Jason, I couldn't help but notice that in the section about the Finalizer in your Book "The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections", it shows a few Walker-type vehicles in the area described as the Ground vehicle storage. Do you know if these were supposed to be the same ones that are standing guard during Hux' speech?

8. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Those were most likely added by Kemp Remillard, so really a Q for him....

NCISliar likes this.
  9. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Jason's on the star wars show!!!

You must tell us all about it! Most of the guests have a blast!

spicer, jasonfry and KerkKorpil like this.
  10. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    So that's what Jason sounds like.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

jasonfry and KerkKorpil like this.
  11. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    With Jason Fry today

12. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    I see, thanks for the prompt response!

KerkKorpil likes this.
  13. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    NYCC sked is here! If any of you are around, hope you'll come say hi. Plus a little non-spoilery photo vaguely related to the novelization.

KerkKorpil likes this.
  14. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    I can't wait to see how Gremlins features in the novel.

And I'm so glad for the Howard the Duck cameo which will finally make a cohesive "Star Wars-Marvel Cinematic Universe" universe, ;)

Jeff_Ferguson and jasonfry like this.
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Does Howard team up with Jaxxon?

darthosaka likes this.
  16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I used to have the novelization of Howard the Duck when I was a kid, and it was - no exaggeration whatsoever - one of the funniest books I'd ever read back then. I read it cover to cover during a bus trip with my dad. No idea how it would hold up today but I sincerely wish I still owned it!

Gamiel likes this.
  17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
  18. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  19. Hylian87

Hylian87 Jedi Padawan

Jan 19, 2014
    Ahsoka in TLJ confirmed!

No seriously, why would he have to read the Ahsoka novel for the novelization?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it's something related to Ilum, or to lightsaber crystal cleansing? Or a character from Ahsoka might be namedropped. It might not be anything big.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Look at all that now Ledgend material, why not come up with something new instead :p

Also: only two non-SW books, I'm a bit disappointed

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I see three - the Donna Leon, Gremlins, and Howard the Duck. Also that Little Island book which is partially hidden would make 4 if it's not SW.

Gamiel likes this.
  23. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    There's four - Howard the Duck, Gremlins, The Waters of Eternal Youth, and The Little Island.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  24. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    That copy of Inferno Squad looks different than the one I bought at my local Barnes & Nobel. Was there a variant also made?

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It could be an ARC (advanced reader copy). They are usually sent out for reviews. The author John Scalzi occasionally posts pics of the ARCs he's received on his blog.

darthosaka likes this.