main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Will we see a Lando Calrissian trilogy or series of SW novels?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Should there be a Lando Hardcover trilogy?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2018.
  1. Yes

73.9%
  2. No

26.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I hope that sometimes after Episode IX that there will be a series of novels with hardcovers or paperback trilogies with Lando's exploits between ROTJ & TFA. Did he get a new starship the Lady Luck the same from the original EU in the new ST era. Did he have adventures across the galaxy perhaps into the Corporate Sector or Wild Space or the Unknown Regions? Did he have any adventures with Han and Chewie post-ROTJ/pre-TFA? Did he participate in any of Han's starship races. Did he go up against Boba Fett and/or a new generation of Mandalorians or team up with them to go up against the First Order in the Unknown Regions or even team up with the Chiss?

Since Lando won't be in TLJ or Episode IX. A Lando HC trilogy from DelRey is a big must for the near future or after Episode IX in 2019.

iPodwithnomusic and Darth_Duck like this.
  2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I always want more Lando. A trilogy isn't ambitious enough, though. We need a nine book multi-author Lando series. Are K-Mac and L. Neil Smith still kicking?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm Lando Fan #1 but this will never happen. Small doses of Lando go a long way.

4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    hell yes!

5. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    All saga movies should be Lando movies. All movies, ever, should be Lando movies. Gone with the Lando, CasaLando, Star Lando VI: The Undiscovered Lando, and so forth.

Senpezeco, Rax, Senator Wan and 9 others like this.
  6. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    You should never cross out Ep. IX, considering JJ Abrams is back, he probably would like to bring back the last notable OT legacy character, and it would be different from ROTJ in the fact that Lando would only be in one movie in this trilogy but there are likely some framework to be like it.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  7. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    There can still be novels from DelRey with Lando set between ROTJ and TFA and even perhaps during the ST or shortly after Episode IX.

8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    The comic (which I LOVED) was enough.

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I feel like the bigger question is, will we see Lando Calrissian?

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd like to see more of Lando, but it needs to be real Lando, not some imposter with his name who calls droids "old toaster."

11. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    That would be great. Especially if Vuffi Raa is involved.

12. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I'd love to see the ThonBoka, the Oseon system and the Renatassian Starfighters and warships again in future Lando novels set post ROTJ even if they no longer had their hyperdrives to bring Lando back to the sector of space or the Oseon system for a new crisis like the Mandalorians,the Hutts or even the First Order invading the Oseon system or the Thonboka nebula with the First Order forming allies with the Renatassian fleet of warships and Starfighters and giving them back their hyperdrive technology.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I would actually really want a Lando Calrissian movie and I am pretty confident about the casting for young Lando in the Han Solo movie, so maybe we will actually get one. ;) Of course I would also any day take another Lando comic series as long as it is even remotely as unique as the one Marvel already did.

14. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I doubt we'll ever get a hardcover trilogy starring Lando, not these days, but we *need* to get some more material with the dude. Getting really tired of the Lando neglect.

15. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I think the Han Solo movie will determine how much of Lando we will see in the future. Donald Glover is a very talented actor with charisma by the bucketload. If Glover's portrayal of Lando captures the imagination of fans (I think it will), then we may see a Lando novel.

16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The Lando, the bad, and the Ugnaught

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  17. Pacified_llama

Pacified_llama Jedi Master star 3

Sep 15, 2017
    His strongest claim to relevance, through Han, in the SW story has been unfortunately severed (and literally mutilated) by TFA.
    I think sight of him will be restricted to redeveloping the backstory of the OT. Unless they decide to pull a "throw him in there for the hell of it", which is not so unreasonable.

18. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I bet we get a lando movie. There aren't that many recognizable characters from the OT that can hold their own movie. He is one of the few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    If not a HC trilogy about Lando then at least a comeback standalone HC by L.Neil Smith.

Daneira likes this.
  20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    L. Neil Smith has become a very vocal libertarian, which informs his newer books. "Lando Calrissian and the Self-Determination of the Deregulated Market" would certainly be an interesting read.

Senator Wan, Jeff_Ferguson and Sarge like this.
  21. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Tbf, Lando was basically ruling Rapture in ESB.

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'd read it.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yes but I won't read it until it goes softcover paperback.