main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So, the DVDs have arrived - time to catch up:

3.01-3.02: A good opener, Thrawn is suitably in character and it's interesting watching this having read Thrawn. And yes, Ezra is indeed on the edge of the dark side far more than he thinks, but does seem to shift considerably once the Sith Holocron is away from him. The Y-Wings were a neat addition, as was the mention of Dodonna.

3.03: A neat epilogue episode to the opener that ties up the Ezra-Kanan plot, while setting Maul on the road to meet his destiny.

The one new aspect I'm not convinced by is Bendu, but that aside, this was a fun way to spend an hour.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I like the idea Yoda isn't the only ancient Force Master out there and there's groups which aren't Jedi or Sith. More options.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    This is the updated synopsis for Heroes of Mandalore

When Sabine discovers the Empire has resurrected a devastating weapon she created and plans to use it against her people, she must decide whether to destroy it or use it herself.

What could this weapon be? Something Sabine created? I know she's smart but I didn't know she was a scientist. What weapon could it possibly be. I remember Sabine was at the Imperial Academy. Did she design a walker? I can't remember. Somebody help me?

kalzeth likes this.
  4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I believe she mentioned designing weapons for the Academy/Empire in Trials of the Darksaber, but I don't recall her elaborating any further. Presumably that was a setup for this storyline.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sabine build the trash compactors on the Death Star!!

Lady_Misty and Dawud786 like this.
  6. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015

Yes. Its all coming back to me now

7. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Questions for the first half of Season 4 (based on released episode synopsis's)

1. What is the weapon Sabine helped create for the Empire? (Maybe she stole the neutrino bomb idea from Rick from Rick and Morty Ha)

-It could be a bomb of some sorts or maybe an experimental fighter or it could just be revealed to be the Ion disruptors

2. What is the new Imperial threat that calls back the Ghost crew to Lothal?

-I'm thinking its Thrawn

3. Why and how does Thrawn unexpectedly help Ezra and Sabine when they steal a TIE Defender

-I'm hoping that Thrawn doesn't start to sympathize with his enemies but merely helps them in order to destroy them later. Giving them little victories was his M.O. in S3.

4. Who is the mysterious Imperial agent who tracks the Rebels back to Yavin 4 and......

-Its probably one of Thrawn's Noghri assassins

5. ......What are the mysterious creatures that are more dangerous than meets the eye

-Two words. Piranha Beetles

6. Why does the latest episode Rebel Assault have no synopsis?

-Perhaps its the long awaited rebel assault on the Imperial forces on Lothal

8. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    It's only available in crisp 240p resolution unfortunately, but that's one heck of a blockade at 0:15

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Spoiler tags for unaired episodes, please. That includes synopses. I'll ban the next time I see any without spoiler tags.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

1 - You can see the weapon Sabine created in the second Season 4 trailer at 0:32.

2 - The TIE Defender program.

3 - Its not Thrawn that helps Ezra and Sabine on Lothal, but the Lothal wolf you can see in the second trailer.

4 - Yep, its probably Rukh.

6 - Its probably the Rebel assault on Lothal as you pointed out.

11. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    I think the unexpected help is actually Jai Kell.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Season 3 continued....

Ep 4: Well, hello Mr Antilles - this was quite the depiction of Imperial training.

Ep 5: Ah, let's have everyone meet the Grand Admiral. This was an effective arc plot.

Ep 6: A very clever episode, with smart use of Kalani.

Ep 7: I remain opposed to Vau - back-stabbing honourless cur that he is, he still has much to do to get anywhere with me.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ep 8: This started off as awful but ended surprisingly strongly.

Ep 9: Hondo's back and is as unreliable as ever.

Ep 10: Wow, what an episode. Thrawn shows a very evil streak here, so moving him utterly into the villain column. Didn't see the Fulcrum revelation coming either.

14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ep 11 - Neat use of the Nightsisters but I'm starting to wonder about Ezra. It's all very well trying to see the best in people but first with Hondo and now Maul, it's starting to wear thin - is he really that much of a fool optimist?

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. In Legends many Jedi survived during OT
    but these never helped Luke because they were exiled

The same can happen in the canon
    I very much doubt that Kanan or Ezra die in Rebels

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm fairly sure Kanan will die and Ezra won't.

Revanfan1, Karl0413 and kalzeth like this.
  18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

Why is it so hard to find a gif of Thranduil saying "yes" from the Hobbit? I had to resort to using Gimli :(.

19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think it's more that he suffers from intermittent moments of "generic protagonist syndrome" that make the optimism come off as more foolish than simply naive and hopeful. It's part of the reason why I still regret Greg Weismann leaving the show after Season One; while they've still done well overall, I feel that Weismann has that subtle, expert-craftsman's-touch with characters that would have maybe worked to better flesh out some of their themes and ideas. Filoni and co.'s strengths lie far more with spectacle and high concept ideas, and there's just a bit less finesse in some character work.

Weismann has a very strong game in terms of long term character development and in setting the stakes. There's a reason why I'd argue there's some more honest thematic themes in Season One's tease of the dark side creeping into Ezra than in later seasons: Weismann set the stage better so even something as seemingly neutral as summoning a gigantic predator to attack an opponent still felt more momentous and emotionally honest than the start of Season Three.

iPodwithnomusic, Vialco and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Yeah, I mean, I'm not as down on S3 as a lot of people are, but you can *definitely* feel the loss of Weisman. Especially with Ezra and his weird, floating characterization.

21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The show overall is still good, but there's a bit of a stop-start nature to Ezra, kind of like there was with Ahsoka in early Clone Wars.

I will say that Filoni and co. clearly know how to handle smaller character arcs pretty well. They had a great grasp of how to make Ahsoka work with limited time, and when they gave Sabine an arc, they knocked it out of the park. I think it's just a matter of being better at story than character when dealing with Ezra; it's hard to focus on character arcs for a central character when you've got so many other stories to tell.

Vialco likes this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Was it ever said why exactly Weisman left?

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In all fairness, he used to be a cynical, selfish person, and was brought around. Who better to see the best in others than those who did see the best in themselves at first?

24. Cantankerous Ordo

Cantankerous Ordo Jedi Padawan

Jul 2, 2017
    other projects, i think. he had a lot of things going at once, between working on a couple different comics, directing for other shows, organizing an audio drama adaptation of one of his own novels. big kickstarter success, that last one. i would've like to see him back for s4 of rebels, but i think he's pretty committed to the revival of young justice these days.

Contessa likes this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Dave Filoni‏@dave_filoni
    Space Family #StarWarsRebels

[​IMG]