main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    Til the 9th. Get on it fast. Starfighter assault seems to be the only improvement to BF2015 in my opinion. Also you guys saw what I meant about how while the turrets seemed to be slapped on to the ISD and MC80 willy-nilly, they actually wind up going perfectly well with the ships' aesthetics? They don't seem out of place at all despite being so obvious to those of us with trained eyes who search for that kind of thing.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    till the 9th

3. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    Best cockpit screenshots I could manage, just going to link the imgur album because I don't want to fiddle around with this. Order looks to be: X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, TIE bomber, TIE fighter, TIE interceptor, from top to bottom.
    https://imgur.com/a/KKmJn

Xael, Daneira and Cracian_Thumper like this.
  4. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    eh I would argue that the B-wing is almost designed to counter criticisms of it's model, like the gyroscopic function and the wings folding in. As far as we can tell these things don't have those functions. I am still assuming they just don't dock in hangars or there are specific slots for them in capital ships

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    You wouldn't know about either of those things from just the model, though.

6. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    We have seen the lego set and it's functions though and it does not seem like they fold. plus the body seems to be a chute with bombs which connects directly to the cockpit I assume based on the shot from the bts trailer.. I am just saying let's not disregard his criticisms. I like the ship but he has a fair point

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    From a preview of Rebel Files by Dan Wallace:

[​IMG]

Confirmation of length of Dornean gunships! 90m, so even smaller than the old DP20 Corellian Gunships.

--Adm. Nick

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I see a misspelling:

"Confirmed ships: Home One, Nautilian, Liberty, Amalthea (pending hyerdrive repair)"

I'm curious about the CR-90 - is it a recanonization of the old length figure of 150m - or is it a case of "slipped through editing" the way the occasional recent examples of the Death Star 1 being 120km are?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    There's also the anti-captial misspelling. And I'm 99% certain that Nebulon photo is ripped off from this guy https://imgur.com/gallery/dHCS0
    You'd think with access to ILM files, they wouldn't have to steal crap from the internet.

Pleased to see GR75s are finally confirming what everybody with a head on their shoulders suspected; they are armed, however minimally.

JABoomer likes this.
  10. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

I consider the 126m length is meant for the CR70s, which I clearly smaller then the CR90s, which to me are 150m in length.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    While that would make sense - I'd like to know for sure if Rebels and/or TCW were using 150m CR-90s.

It's a bit annoying that Home One and Nautilan are treated as generic 1200m MC80s with the same basic statline as the Liberty - didn't a recent book introduce MC80A specifically for Home One types?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Please don't say baseless speculation that slanders a long time SW illustrators work or LFL. You're better than that.

--Adam. Nick

13. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    Not quite baseless: the image is flipped and the Falcon and stand are photoshopped out, but its definitely the same photo as this.
    [​IMG]

14. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Not the first time they've done it, I know Fractalsponge is still pissed at all the times outside of EGTW they used his models without permission.

15. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    They are definitely close, but you can see some shading differences. Maybe it was ripped?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Star_Desperado likes this.
  16. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I can't see how you can be so definitive when one of the images is so blurry and lacks any clear detail.

17. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I think it's that the angle in particular is the exact same as well as some of the details you can make out. I am not sure it was straight up pulled from the model, but if it was confirmed I would not be surprised. Not that this falls on Dan, I doubt he compiles the images for the novels

18. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    The differences are subtle but I instantly recognized the image, there's no other with quite the same proportions. The most obvious indicator of the image clone is the bottom vanes on the rear module, how they bend backwards identically

19. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    Augh I hope these are placeholder images, look at that Hammerhead.
    [​IMG]

Vthuil and vncredleader like this.
  20. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah that's gotta be a placeholder.. is that the rebels model?

21. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    It's neither Rebels nor Rogue One, it's ripped from SWTOR.

Vthuil and vncredleader like this.
  22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Which is extra funny considering SWTOR's version is the Thranta-class corvette rather than the KotOR Hammerhead frigate/cruiser. Though the Thranta's role/size fits better with the canon OT era Hammerhead corvette. You'd think after Rogue One there would be enough modern models for that ship.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    MercenaryAce and vncredleader like this.
  24. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    That's hysterical. Yeah I am 100% certain these are just some filer images an intern threw in for the time being. Unless Pablo threw it in to test our game

25. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    "temporary" filler images . . . "for the time being" . . . for an official starwars.com sneak peak for a book that's coming out in less than a month? Sorry guys, but I guarantee you that hammerhead image is going to be in the final book.

It wouldn't be the first time, "The Imperial Handbook" used a picture of the Assertor class dreadnaught to represent the Executor. A bit annoying, but these things happen.

Darth_Duck likes this.