main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Characters fate's in your own canon

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Fallen Jedi Master, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    It was an unfortunate retcon.

This is really wistful but what if Caedus was a clone and the real Jacen was locked up in the outer rim after being captured by Krayt and Lumiya?

He escapes about the beginning of FOTJ and makes it back home. How would his family react?

2. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    To me that kinda sounds like a cheap retcon. Because it removes all problems far too easy.
    All the evil things Jacen/Caedus did? It was just an evil clone.
    His family turning against him? Well he wasn´t the real one, they just killed a clone.
    And so on.

I guess when his family would finally believe him they would be happy to have him back, maybe a little bit worried but genereally happy. It could be a happy ending for the storyline but to me it wouldn´t feel earned and kinda cheap to just say Caedus was actually just an evil clone. It would also kinda destroy the whole sacrifice aspect of it.

I mean we both wish for Jacen's story to have a happy ending but having Caedus been just a clone sounds like a cheap retcon to me.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It is a cheap retcon but would mean Jacen was alive and the tragedy of LOTF didn't happen at least to him.

4. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Shakki Ti survived order 66

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    She did in TFU.

I like to think Ahsoka never left the order and died in order 66 in a tragic duel with her master.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Daala is revealed to have been influenced by Abeloth all along, and reconciles with the Jedi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I somehow doubt her disdain for the Jedi originated with Abeloth but if say Kenth Hamner wasn't killed and managed to achieve reconciliation with the government and Daala then the situation might not have been as bad post FOTJ.

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    After the Siege of Mandalore, Rook Kast changed her identity, becoming Ursa Wren, starting her own clan.

9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Shaak Ti survives falling into the maw of the Sarlacc. Why? Because Galen survives the exact same thing in the same story!

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    We do see the 'blue energy beam' that TFU seems to imply a dead Jedi. It's also seen when Kasdan Paratus and the Sith Stalker vision die. Kota notably doesn't get this blue beam, which is part of why Starkiller thinks he's still alive after leaving the Empirical.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    She went through cycles of sanity and irrationality. I'd be more inclined to blame Abeloth influencing her than anything else. She seems to have been quite competent prior to arriving in the Maw.

It would also explain why Daala casually doesn't mention her own Force users going paranoid, and why she could constantly rally allies - and lastly why Abeloth never made an avatar of her.

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Antinnis Tremayne survived the collapse of the empire, Vong War, and the following conflicts and crises. He knew as the Jedi grew stronger he could not hope to challenge the Jedi and was not a Sith so remained hidden into obscurity until his death in 55 ABY.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Didn't she suffer a major wound (perhaps head trauma) in the novel Death Star? Maybe that had something to do with it.

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Didn't she also have a husband and child during her time in the Maw? That she lost?

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    She lost a husband, but had grandchildren too.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder whatever happened to the rest of the Daala family?

17. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Recited stories of how their Grandmother was a war hero, all the while glossing over the less fun details.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Jacen stumbled into Danni Quee in some cafe on Obroa-skai while on his sojourn...while talking, they both realized what they were searching for was right in front of them. Both became college professors; Danni taught astrophysics and Jacen became a professor of Philosophy.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I can almost picture it.

20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Despite the events of Legacy of the Force: Invincible, I wonder if Ben and Tahiri ended up marrying. By the time of Crucible, they're partnered together, and the Sword of the Jedi trilogy was supposed to involve them as having major roles.

And before anyone points out what happened in Invincible, that's why I said despite the events of the novel.

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine it's something that was possible-though it doesn't seem fitting or appropriate. Tahiri apparently couldn't get over Anakin despite him being dead for over 14 years and then had an unhealthy relationship with his brother(I always thought Jacen/Tahiri was possible and even cute but not under LOTF circumstances). Ben has barely reached adulthood and his experiences with women are rather limited-Vestara is the only woman with whom he has had romantic involvement.

Tahiri by Crucible is in her late thirties and Ben is nearing 20.

So there is a significant age difference as well as the baggage of Invincible

22. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, those are other obstacles.

In any case, I still would have been interested to see how the period between FOTJ and Legacy unfolded.

23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I am greatly interested in that as well.

24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Especially since Jag Fel is no longer in command of the Empire, so how does he regain control?

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well we know he does, and the authors stated "we want to make how he gets there interesting." Which tells me they didn't want to set the character aside yet knew his position was set.

I imagine he'd return after a few years of happy marriage to Jaina perhaps after their first child was born or he would take the rains when there was some sort of crisis. Or I dunno maybe the Moffs asked him to come back. Anyway he does become emperor eventually and somehow the Imperial knights are founded and an ideology is created around them and their relationship with the Emperor.

I always felt the GA in the post FOTJ would be unstable ruled by unstable triumvirs(in the time before the Sith imperial war is mention of a triumvirate). So you have an unstable GA ruled by various Triumvirs who probably are dependent on the Jedi with crisis boiling under the surface for over 80 years. A restive populace that sees the GA's failures and then see the Imperial Mission.

Apart of me suspects that Luke remained GM and I have always placed a death date at 81 ABY precisely 100 years old. I suspect at some point Kru'huhk and the other surviving old republic Jedi in Legacy returned into the fold. Ben more than likely became a master.

Apart of me suspects the Jedi had a very one sided relationship with the GA-GA Chiefs of state would not want to antagonize the Jedi given that the Jedi carried out a coup in FOTJ. They'd also be inclined to humor the Jedi as they were during the Ossus project.

At the same time I suspect the Jedi retreated somewhat staying in their temple and developing some unhealthy ideas-like that time in Crucible where some student has problems and the Jedi's attitude basically is "either go back and start again, or get out." Because tha Jedi may have turned into the next Caedus. Which shows the events of the past decade had not been positive.

So we have a strengthening and confident imperial remnant, a tottering GA, a somewhat more isolationist yet imposing Jedi, the Hapans I imagine retained ties-I suspect Allana did become queen at some point or another, white throne and such, the Chiss I imagine strengthened their hold in the unknown regions and western galactic quadrant while maintaining good relations with the empire.

The Hutts I suspect crushed the revolts or at least managed to stabilize the situation and fears of Hutt militarization after the SCGW faded.

PCCViking likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.