main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, I hope you feel better soon.

*Sends DarthIshtar chicken noodle soup.*

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Today I started in a new team in a new kindergarten, but I am still with the old employer.

Especially one of my new colleges liked me immediately, because I can speak some Gaelic sentences and exchanged some of those during the Comic Con Berlin two weekends ago with a certain Jack Gleeson. (Very sweet and clever lad.)

Figures out that my college loves Ireland as much as I do and is a fellow "Game of Thrones" fan.

(I should point out that I visited the Comic Con not for the actors of a certain HBO series but I rather spontaneously decided to support my home base - the SW Dinner Berlin - with two packages of Rittersport chocolate on Saturday morning. Also tried to feed members of the German Garrison and the 501st Legion, who shared the stand with my folk.)

All in all things start slowly to improve again, also at work.

And I always will cherish the hug and the kiss on my cheek that Tori Amos gave to me after her concert, also two weeks ago by now. Life can be beautiful and worthwhile living.

Nehru_Amidala and divapilot like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, I know that the Millennials are probably good at multitasking, but isn't it still rude to have your eyes glued to your phone when somebody is talking to you? It doesn't bother me when my kids do it with me because I can yell, "Put down that phone/tablet and look at me when I am talking to you", but this wasn't my kid. Ack, I was at work so I couldn't make a sarcastic comment.

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Great, just great,

someone told Hubby and i that Rian Johnson apparently said that if you're a fan of Star Wars you don't want to see the trailer tonight because of a potential spoiler. WHAT!?! Someone needs to keep their big, fat mouth SHUT if that's the case!

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Just a fair warning, we won't be considering anything in the trailer a spoiler, so if some big info does come out in the trailer (which will be very disappointing in my opinion, but kinda unsurprising) it's fair game. So, if you want to keep yourself free from potential spoilers, you might want to navigate the boards with that in mind.

Edit: well, the trailer isn't out yet, but I have my tickets for opening night!

Chyntuck and Lady_Misty like this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Double post

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    How about if I just say, "WHAAT!?!"

I think the trailer just broke the boards.

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Oh. My. Gosh.

I will be watching that again tomorrow!

Chyntuck likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Whaaaaat??? SO MANY THEORIES IN MY HEAAAAAAAD!!!!

And, if Luke is the baby-daddy (which, I'm okay with it if he isn't at this point), he's the worst baby-daddy ever (and I'm including HIS father in that).

Lady_Misty and Chyntuck like this.
  10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    So I made a major mistake tonight. While half an hour from home trying to get Star Wars tickets for opening weekend, I had my first at-fault accident. Put simply, I misjudged either my speed or my distance to the SUV in front of me at a red light and rear-ended it. The SUV's bumper did not line up with mine and went through my grill and passenger side light assembly instead, causing quite a bit of damage to my car. The SUV got off with some scrapes on the bumper and nothing else immediately visible. Thankfully, nobody was injured. I drove the car from the scene to a nearby parking lot, parked it there, and called State Farm for a tow back home since it was approaching nightfall and I had a non-functional headlight. The tow truck driver discovered that the hood latch was broken, so he had to strap the hood down for the tow, and upon getting it home, my dad inspected under the hood and found some damage to the radiator. So the car is essentially non-drivable, except for a short-distance, low-speed drive directly to the body shop.

Expenses are going to amount to my $500 collision deductible, the fine for the citation (I have to call the court in the city where it happened tomorrow to find out how much that will be, but probably in the $100 to $200 range), and whatever I decide to do about transportation until my car is being repaired, because I don't have rental car coverage on my policy, but I have to have some means of getting around. A bicycle might suffice for around town (though I am out of shape), but getting to and from college classes will be a problem. My mother can drive me there in the mornings, but then I have no ride home after class. I already can't afford to pay for a taxi or Uber constantly (never mind the expenses I just incurred), so I may have to look into the local bus service, even though it sucks. The annoying part of that is that it would take me two hours and two transfers to get home, but maybe I'll have to deal with it.

There's also the issue of a big planned meetup at a local amusement park Friday night, for which I may have to bum a ride off of someone, and a holiday party at an indoor waterpark with overnight stay, which I very well might not be able to afford now.

On the bright side, I did get the Star Wars tickets, with reserved seating in recliners and full choice of seats, since the cashiers weren't allowed to sell tickets yet, but apparently someone programmed the self-serve kiosks wrong, so the kiosks were already selling them before the trailer dropped.

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Right when I'd almost let my guard down and gotten used to NOT having smoke from nearby wildfires... GAH!!!!!! Checking in from one of the fire zones (though not actually IN a fire zone, thank goodness) in Northern California with a praise report of all family members accounted for, and an aunt's sister's house actually intact when she thought it had been burnt down all day. (Her neighbors saved it. Go them!)
    Oh, and two hospitals might actually be intact also... still wondering about those. Everyone was evacced to other area hospitals before dawn this morning.

**reads up the thread...** What trailer? Must go look for a trailer now...

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    EEEEEEKKKK! I'm glad no one was hurt, but that does really suck. I remember my days of busses (I feel the pain of two transfers just to get home) and shuttle services (sometimes getting to the uni 2 hours before my class and waiting 2-3 hours after my class) and asking people for rides. I never want to go back to that (though, now, studying from home, I guess I would never have to).

Also, I really wish my theatre did reserved seating. I don't think I'm going to wait in the cold for good seats I can transfer to. I'll just sit in the bad wheelchair spot. I got tickets for my brothers and mom too. They can wait out in freezing temperatures if they so wish.

I've gotten nothing done today or this weekend in general thanks to the holiday and my sister being in town and my mother forcing me to partake in family festivities (ugh). So I feel so very behind in my studies already (despite trying to work while at my mom's), but I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow because I haven't done so since coming back from LA, so I have no food.

Lady_Misty, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Mr Chyn and I woke up to the trailer, and, well, suffice it to say that we're both going to be late for work because we need to watch it a few (dozen) more times. *stares at the monitor with mouth agape*

Positive vibes to Ish, jc and Daena [face_good_luck] (sorry, but I'm waaaay too trailered to write more!)

Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your accident jcgoble3. :( Glad you and everyone else weren't hurt.

Between grading papers, doing lesson plans and disciplining my own unruly children, I managed to get tickets![face_dancing]Opening night fan event at Downtown Disney and then IMAX the following night. Family is very excited. I think we're going to spend the day at Disneyland and then head to the theatre.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Theories/possibilities are banging around my head too!

And I agree with you Bri IF Luke is Rey’s father he’s a worse father than his father was. Anakin has claim to ignorance to his existence since the Jedi and Bail put a lot of effort into making everyone believe Padme had died before giving birth. Yes, he did cut off his son’s hand and I will not open that can of worms but once he learned about Luke he started to tear the galaxy apart looking for him and was trying to protect him from being killed.

Now Luke could be ignorant about Rey being his child like his father before him but if he wasn’t and he was the one to dump her on Jakku or didn’t go looking for her when she was taken and will not train her than that’s just wrong.

No assigned seating at my old local theater or the new one. However, I did see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 in a theater that did with reclining seats (which was nice seeing how close we were to the screen but I see the recliners as a waste of space, old home town theater could seat at least 144 in one room and they had seven showing rooms, some bigger some smaller.

Sent via my iPod touch from another galaxy on board the USS Enterprise.

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I first experienced the recliners on New Year's Eve last year when I went to see Fantastic Beasts, and now I will never go back to ordinary seats. It's just so much better, and worth driving 30 minutes instead of 15.

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I didn't like them because I HAD to recline if I wanted to watch the movie we were that close to the screen and if i moved x amount i would be sitting up. I guess if we were further back i won't have minded but I am not eager to do it again, besides I am a cheapskate so I will drive ten/twelve minutes and spend 8.50 instead of fifty minutes and pay over 10.00 if i will have a better viewing experience. *thinks about the position of the door to the only showing room I have been in at my new local theater and am reminded that if someone opens the door light comes in and hits the screen* Maybe traveling forty-fifty minutes isn't such a bad idea; can get some shopping done in the 'big city'.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    There are at least 3 cinemas within good driving distance from where I live, and only two have decent parking.

19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    "This is not going to go the way you think..."

I don't doubt that. I seem to remember Obi-Wan and Yoda telling a brash youngster that he needed to finish his training. But, no he HAD to go save his friends. Lost hand. Carbonite.

It stinks seeing Luke so paralyzed by fear. Not my Luke. :(

I'm also pretty sure that Rey isn't- shouldn't be suddenly dumber and less self aware than to dabble in the DARK. Even if Luke is hiding in his cave and unwilling to train her.

whiskers likes this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm a cheapskate too, but my ticket for The Last Jedi cost just $6.50, recliners and reserved seating included. The theater offers a special discounted price on the first showing of every movie in each format (2D, 3D, etc.) each day if that showing starts before 1pm. So I went for the 10am showing on the 15th, which was the first 2D showing of the day, giving me the early bird price.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  21. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ((((Echo Chamber))))

22. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    This movie will, of course, make it's money back in one weekend.

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My star wars tickets cost more than my plane tickets. Weird fact of the day. (I got roundtrip tickets for Chicago for $11.20 because of skymiles and spent $20 on movies.)

Lady_Misty, Jedi_Lover and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    The Trailer is heading towards 17 million views on YouTube!

I think I want to meet a Porg.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    But what if Porg multiply really, really fast and in large quantities?

Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.