main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Quoting game

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by General Immodet, Nov 21, 2013.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
  2. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  3. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Sounds exciting!

General Immodet likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've sent in mine.

8. Honest Swindler

Honest Swindler Jedi Knight

Mar 5, 2017
    Huh, that was an awfully convenient time to remember this place. Sounds like a good idea!

9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I um....I might not be able to do it this time. I just moved and everything is in boxes. :(

10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    SWpants: Would you be able to send in quotes if you were given some more time? If that doesn't work, you could always find quotes while using the internet. Many extracts of comics and novels can be found online. Apart from that, cutscenes from games can be watched on youtube.

11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

Thanks for the info!
    I don't know if more time would be helpful just because there's a whole lot going on but I will do my best to find something(s) for next Wednesday. I love these challenges!

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Remember, if you want to send in quotes, you have until Wednesday to do so!

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Dear players of the quoting game,

The last couple of days, I received quotes from six people. That means you will be provided with twelve quotes. Each time, you should indicate three things: the speaker (1 point), the media form (1 point) and the source (1 point). You get three chances to find the correct answer. When you give an incorrect answer, I shall give you a clue.

Quotes:
    1. "They will follow their Dark Lord -- to victory. The Republic is ours for the taking… …now that [name] will lead us straight to their heart"
    2. "Why would I be exposed to the dark side? The force told us you were a threat, and we answered. Jedi kill every day for less. If Jedi are going to begin falling to the dark side for doing the right thing, there soon won't be any left"
    3. "How dare you speak to me while you travel in the presence of alien Wookiee scum!"
    4. "Plans are fragile things and life often dashes expectations to the ground"
    5. "I may be the only veteran of ________ that doesn't have nightmares of that place. Because in my dreams I do it right. My nightmare is what I find when I wake up"
    6. "At Nadiem he killed my padawan and left me as you see me now"
    7. "The only deal that lets you live is this: The price on my head.....gone. The hits on my territories.....stop. If I see your people anywhere in my territory, I'll personally come to Tatooine and feed you to your own Rancor!"
    8. "You tell me everything you know about this pitiful little backwater world - absolutely everything. If I like what I hear, I'll consider returning your children"
    9. "It's not enough to be against something. One must be for something"
    10. "I only say this because I love you… …but if you had stayed away from fieldwork, you’d be on the tenure track by now"
    11. "Oh, Solo, my poor Solo - your biggest problem ... is that you're so totally predictable. Far from outsmarting me, you've played right into my hands"
    12. "Music is a much more important art. It’s the art that comes into your body and takes over your bones and thumps on your chest”
    I put quotes one through eleven in a specific order: they all more or less follow the SW universe timeline. The twelfth quote was spoken by someone who is outside the SW universe.

Please, send me your answers through PM only. Good luck!

Immodet

Shadow Trooper and Gamiel like this.
  14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    How long do we have?

Can we have feed back here on how everybody else is doing? Like how many points each person has?

17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Blackhole E Snoke: Time doesn't really matter, although it shouldn't take more than one or two weeks. Once everybody is done, I will post an announcement in-thread. The announcement will include the top three together with all right answers. I will let you know how many points you scored through PM.

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Those who still want to participate, still can do so! Send me your answers through PM! Good luck!

19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Ladies and gentlemen,

Everyone has handed in his or her answers, so now the results of the competition can be made public.
    The person who gained most points, also won several competitions in the past. Congratulations to Iron_lord! He may pick a new quote.
    1. Iron_lord (35 points)
    2. Shadow Trooper (32 points)
    3. SWpants (25 points)
    Yet, I want to congratulate all candidates. The assignment was not easy, that is for sure! Thank you for participating!

Best regards,

Immodet

Shadow Trooper and Gamiel like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    :oops:I was planning to send in my guesses but I forgot. To much other stuff going on

21. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

I almost forgot too. *hugs*

Congrats Iron_lord!!!

22. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Wow... I actually did far better than I expected, especially since I have been somewhat out of the loop on the new EU. This was a very tough contest. Good job to everyone who selected quotes and congratulations to Iron_lord for the victory!

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

I forgot too. I even wrote down the ones I knew, but never sent it :oops:.

I think the problem is these competitions are always done behind the scenes, if you know what I mean. You have no idea what anybody else is doing, or if anybody is even playing. Thread seems to go dead, disappears from my watched thread list, and I forget about it.

Gamiel likes this.
  24. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

I wonder then if one of the following can happen in the future:
    1. General Immodet posts every other day with the number of people who've put in guesses
    2. We post here when we've put in each of our guess

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012