main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ep 3.12-13 A good two-parter that links in well with R1 with Saw.

Ep 3.14 A good standalone tale which also fits neatly into the ongoing arc for this season.

Ep 3.15-16 Oh great, Mando bollocks - and times two.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Some new stuff about the wolf in season 4
    At 39:54

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Finished:

3.17 Kallus vs Thrawn, well we know how it'll likely play out in the long run but this was a clever episode that showed Kallus hadn't entirely lost his villainous edge in how he fitted up Lyst. The one element I'm not certain of is why Kallus has turned Rebel, was it just the time spent with Zeb?

3.18 Wow, did not see that coming. Vander and Mothma in one ep that culminates in Mothma declaring rebellion.

3.19 This was an interesting concept - taking over a droid remotely. Unfortunately the Imperials failed to heed the primary rule of the show - don't mess with Hera.

3.20 And Maul meets his destiny - and we all knew what it was going to be. What I liked about the final duel was the economy of it, it was far more akin to a samurai katana duel than the flashy sword-fights the prequels favored.

3.21-3.22 Wow, this was quite the finale. It sees Kallus leg it, Thrawn gets to nab top villain status and even has his own Deathtroopers. And the way battle unfolds was pretty damn epic - interesting that Thrawn and Pryce believe they have the Rebellion cornered, it's a nice flaw to see.

This wasn't a season without flaws - Maul, the Mando stuff - but on the whole it's a good set of episodes. They use Thrawn very effectively and very carefully, his appearances increasing as the season goes on, all culminating in the finale.

Only one problem, it'll probably be a year before the DVDs for S4 come out.

On the flipside, it looks like there's going to be a very smooth progression of Rebels S4 to Rogue One to ANH, which is very neat.

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Filoni on the Star Wars show. Interview starts at 5:21.

• He says he's proud of SWR, and says that there's more things done right than wrong this season.
    • No 'filler' this season.
    • The weird imagery in Season 4 will be reminiscent of stuff they've done before. Bring it on. :D
    • He didn't know what the ending was when production on the show started.
    • While he does like doing things that make people happy, he of course also likes doing things that will make fans unhappy because it's funny to watch them be upset.
    • Episode recording for Season 4 is already over.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  5. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
  6. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    The Blu-ray featurette is apparently called "Return to Mandalore," and runs for 7 min. Whatever the "Mandalorian Roots" featurette is, it's only around 5 min long, so I'd *guess* that they're different.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  9. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    Video is just background on what's Sabine's arc was so far from Seasons 1-3, but revealed the Duchess is the Mandalorian walker Sabine created and shows a clip from the premiere. Bo-Katan's mad but Sabine sabotaged the walker long ago and destroyed the plans and didn't know how the Empire rebuilt it. Ezra wonders why they can't use non-Mandalorian armor and Sabine says her modified armor is 500 years old and her father (supposedly) says they can't because it's a part of culture that can't be forgotten.

Contessa likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The recap video was cool but, honestly,I could have done with about 50% more Vader (S1 & S2 are recaped in about 1:30). Yeah, I know most of it is Season 3 recap to lead into S4 plot points but, c'mon, Vader!

11. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Oh, okay then. Cool. Nothing too earth shattering by itself, but I guess that's nice little bonus for anybody already getting the season pass anyway. Interesting detail on the armor too.

12. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    Technically, they could've just done a Youtube clip preview release like they did for each episode.

13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So I was looking at my cable guide for what time the show was premiering on Monday and saw that it is every three hours or so. Surely that's going to put ratings in the toilet. What is the reason for this? And is Disney XD doing this for the entire season?

16. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    Ru Murleen name drop or we riot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce and Sinrebirth like this.
  17. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015

I'm not sure, but do the ratings really matter since it's the final season? I suppose it could have some effect on future animation projects, but I imagine LFL will get to make whatever they want regardless of ratings.

18. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I'm not sure it will hurt ratings at all. It may help. Television is different in the age of streaming.

For example, I subscribe to Sling, which includes Disney XD. I won't be able to watch it when it airs. I'll stream it from Sling sometime on Monday...when I have the time.

And ratings do matter...for whatever comes next. I'm guessing they are amping up exposure to lure as many people as possible in to get them to follow the rest of the season.

Guessing being the key word here.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    You know, given that Stephen Stanton voiced Raddus and is a regular guest voice actor on this show, I'm thinking that we'll run into everyone's favorite blue Mon Cala at one point this season. ;)

--Adm. Nick

21. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Having just binged watched season 3 , seeing the episodes for the first time, I cannot wait until season 4 . The build up over 3 seasons has been patient and rewarding more so than TCW,

I felt Maul was handled well and the mandalore arc was heartfelt with Sabine. Knowing how the Ghost came into phoenix squadron then the rebellion makes me enjoy rogue one even more!

I was less keen on Saw strangely, but the geonosis sub plot in SW involving multiple media ( films, catalyst, rebels) has been well executed.

vncredleader likes this.
  22. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I'm hoping for this also, also hoping for Ackbar especially they are in the same room.

23. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Is it just me, or are they trying to get this final season done with as fast as possible?

24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Is there a single post you've made in the last few months that has not been expressing completely baseless fears about TPTB treating Star Wars poorly?

25. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

I'm just saying, 2 episodes per week back to back. I think they want to make a ST animated show, and they want to put closure on Rebels

kalzeth likes this.