main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    ^The words of a true Jedi.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Thank you, Master. I try. Sometimes I even do.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    A wise response. Better than I would have done.[face_thinking]

4. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    No one got a question for me? (...) I'm still here, you know, lurking in the darkness. :p

5. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    *sends 5 Bonus Points via droid courier to Sarge *

Bardan_Jusik pts

What Force ability would you like to have IRL and how would you use it nobly for the benefit of others?

Loth-cat, Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
  6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    As you know, I'm well into my way of becoming a nurse in RL. So, personally, I think a Force ability that is good to have for nurse is telekinesis. For instance, if I see an old person that's on his/her way to fall because he/she stood up to fast and I'm too far to reach him/her in time, I can use telekinesis to prevent the person from falling and get serious injuries. Another thing that can be useful with telekinesis for a medical personel is that sometimes we have to carry quite a lot of stuff with us when we are going to attend to a patient, and it is not always that our two bare hands can carry them, then we can use telekinesis to carry all the stuff, instead of having to go in and out of the room. Another thing that is great with telekinesis for a nurse is that I can use it I'm making beds, in that way I don't have to weigh down on my back or my colleague's back.

Another force ability that is nice to have is the ability to calm a person with the use of the Force. As we all know, a patient can sometime be stressed, agitated and freak out during various situation, and one can't always calm him/her down with just kind words and touches, then it is nice to have the Force to do it. Of course, I'll have to ask the patient's permission before I did it.

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Right, sorry for NOT asking a question. :p

Imagine this: your standing in front of parents of a force sensitive child. What will you say, in the most jedi-ish way, to convice the parents to allow their kid to be trained in the Jedi way?

TAG Everyone!!!!

8. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    A: At first I would try to ascertain if the family believed in the Force and had faith in its will. Then without coercion I would plainly and simply describe the opportunity that lay before their child, while emphasizing what a rare gift it was in the galaxy to be born with such abilities. I would then try to answer their questions to the best of my knowledge and reassure them that their child would be well taken care and that their sacrifice was for the noblest of causes in service to all sentient beings. Finally, I would inform them that the choice ultimately rested with them and their child to follow the Jedi path.

Q: While on your rounds a five year old child runs toward you on the street and eagerly inquires if you are a Jedi Knight. She then innocently asks you with the most guileless expression what it means when people say the will of the Force?

Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  9. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Welcome all Lightsiders :greensaber:

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    A: Ananta Chetan "Ooh, that's a great question, sweetie! You understand what the Force is? It seems like a kind of magic, and it comes from life. Life creates the Force and makes it grow, have you heard that before? When there's more life and better life, that makes the Force stronger, so the will of the Force is to make life longer and better for everyone. When you try to help people have good long lives, then you're doing the will of the Force. As you help the Force, the Force will help you too, because it's your friend and that's what good friends do for each other. So as long as you're helping people, you're following the will of the Force, understand? Also, the Force wants you to live a long and healthy life, so you should eat your vegetables. That's the will of the Force too. You tell your parents that you learned that from real live Jedi Knight, all right, honey?"

Q: The Vanguard, you're adrift in a lost escape pod with two other survivors of a shipwreck. One survivor is a proud, ruthless, self-confessed mass murderer with no conscience and no contrition. The other survivor is a renowned diplomat who has negotiated the ends of several wars, saving countless innocent lives, and is a species that requires live prey to eat, they can't digest anything else. The diplomat is going to starve to death very soon and was on the way to stop another war. The murderer was on the way to trial and very likely execution. If you let the diplomat eat the murderer, millions of lives may be saved. What do you do?

11. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Way to lob me a softball Sarge

To succumb to the pressure of any one moment without forethought is a great conduit in fallingl to the dark side. I'm a firm believer in finding a way, even when there is no other way, and usually this method always requires sacrifice.

Perhaps there was a plasma cutter onboard the pod? We could cut off limbs to feed the starving diplomat, if it came down to it. Then cotter the wounds with the plasma cutter. Ever seen 127 hours? Desperation can produce ingenious ideas...

If there were no plasma cutters and we had to wait it all out, I would let the diplomat starve and take his place on the diplomatic mission to bring peace. That is, if I survived myself.

What sets a Jedi apart from a vigilante? Someone meddling in the business of others to achieve piece or bring justice? BookExogorth

Sarge and Ananta Chetan like this.
  12. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    First, sorry for not getting back to you.
    Fear's end goal rule you. It is dominating, and it can control your actions. A jedi must not let anything control them except for the force, so fear must be eliminated by understanding that when the force is with you, there is no reason to fear, since you're letting the force go through you. Jedi also can't really afford to be afraid of anything, since when you fear something, you are making it that much easier for the dark side to convince you to take that power.
    Jedi trust in the force, so if the force directs them to do something, it will be right. The reason we have the council is to direct the jedi and to see that the members are still following the light side.
    I went with the short answer on this, sorry.

Question: The Guardians of Light has just been formed, breaking away from the traditional jedi order. Your master is staying in the order you believe to be misguided. Do you stay with the main order, attempting to reform, or do you join the GoL, starting anew?
    Tag: ConservativeJedi321

Ananta Chetan and The Vanguard like this.
  13. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I like this question ^^

BookExogorth likes this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    A. Hm, a curious and difficult question as the GOL is the only Jedi faction I have ever known. But then I am not one to bring about overly radical change, or to stir the pot so to speak (I am a Conservative Jedi for a reason after all:p)
    Even as we believe the vongformation was against the will of the force, few here would deny that it came with good intent. If I had found myself in that situation I personally would probably have stayed behind and worked with the old order from the inside to create change. I would have been more patient, and listened. I certainly understand the line of thought our forbearers had, and considering the purge that would follow their concern was well placed.
    All I can say is hindsight is 20-20, and there is no telling what I would have done had I been present at the founding of our order.

Q. While on a mission on a far away and primitive world you discover a wounded child, you approach the youngling and reveal yourself as a Jedi. But they react with horror, as their people have told them horrible stories about the 'sorcerers' and 'babysnatchers' they believe the Jedi to be. Any attempt to correct these inaccuracies is greeted with screams of terror or poor attempts to flee by the child. What do you do?

The Vanguard

Ananta Chetan and BookExogorth like this.
  15. Jorgz

Jorgz Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2017
    I wish to join I love the Jedi's

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    :greensaber: Welcome to the Guardians of Light Jorgz:greensaber:
    Glad you found your way here.:)

I have class in a bit, but I'm sure the others would love to meet you.
    As well as the Jedi Council
    Ananta Chetan, Adalia-Durron, Mitth_Fisto

For starters it is encouraged you add your membership in our order to your signature.
    As well as your rank (Initiate) and the number of force points you have (0)

Reading the Original post in this thread, and our main one in the EUC will allow you to get accustom to the rules of the club.

I can grant you your first initiate task now if you like.
    By completing these tasks you can earn points, and move up in the ranks.
    When you get 20 you may become a Padawan
    100 is required for Knighthood.

Initiate Task
    Please tell us why it is you want to be a Jedi.

17. Jorgz

Oct 11, 2017
    The reason I want to become a jedi is because I believe in the jedi's I believe in the good I also believe in the force i know the jedi are the best choice to join it better to be good than to be bad and be full of hate like the sith which I never will....

The meaning of the jedi code is the way the jedi live though the the code of the jedi there are free of the dark side to understand the jedi code one has to understand the jedi lifestyle and what they do.

18. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Hi Jorgz! Nice to see another light sider around here.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  19. Jorgz

Oct 11, 2017
    Indeed

BookExogorth likes this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Very good, I award you your first FIVE force points. Bardan_Jusik

It really has been too long since we had a new initiate.
    I even made a minor mistake in my first post greeting you here. It actually take 25 force points to become a Padawan. Whoops.:p

For your next task: Please look up a copy of the actual Jedi code, and recite it line by line explaining what each one means to you.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  21. Jorgz

Oct 11, 2017
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    Through freeing oneself of emotion a Jedi becomes a being of peace. Emotions lead to the Dark Side.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    No one is ignorant, the path a Jedi follows is a path that brings forth knowledge. As to the Jedi, the Dark Side is a path of those unwilling to learn this knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no passion as it is a form of attachment which leads to the Dark Side. There is only serenity and calm.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    Jedi do not create chaos or destroy, they seek balance in all things.
    There is no death, there is the Force.
    Jedi become one with the force when they die, so they don't see it as death. They can also become an apparition, extending their physical appearance through the force. Eventually, they will completely merge with the Forc

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    We are breezing through these tasks!:p

But very well done. I award you another Five Force Points.
    Bardan_Jusik Jorgz

You have a good start. Keep an eye out for further tasks in the days, or weeks to come, they may come from me, another Knight, or even a Master.

Stay active in the GOL threads too, we would love to get to know you. Doing so may help to determine who your Master will be when you reach Padawan Status.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
  24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Seems it won't be long before you aren't the only Padawan around anymore Loth-cat:p

But then as I look at your points it seems it won't be long before Jorgz is the only Padawan around!:eek:
    Man how time flies.

Loth-cat likes this.
  25. Jorgz

Oct 11, 2017
    Indeed