main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Forces of Destiny: New Animated Shorts Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    aren't there more coming out in 2018?

2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I had a feeling it would be about combat piloting as opposed to actual piloting which Amidala knows what to do.

Daneira likes this.
  3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    You know, since Tom Angleberger's junior novel for Episode VI established that Mon Mothma briefly trained as a fighter pilot, I've been thinking this could have been Forces of Destiny material. And if they want to stick to the women of Star Wars, that shouldn't prevent them from expanding their main cast to Mothma and female PT Jedi. And Evaan.

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    An Evaan one would be interesting, or Aphra or Sloane, even though I don't share in the obsessive cult worship those two have here. Actually make good on the "books and comics are 100% equal to movies and TV" claim and bring in characters from the NEU.

Or even Ventress would be welcome.

5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  6. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    GRRR...IDW is messing with me catching these on Marvel Unlimited.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    So, IDW on top of their star wars adventures comic monthly series, starting jan. 2018, will produce a weekly star wars force of destiny series? Am I right about this?

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    SW.com says IDW's Forces of Destiny comic will be a 5-issue miniseries.

9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    C.K. Stewart

Star Wars: Forces of Destiny is a five week event coming to IDW. Elsa Charretier and Pierrick Colinet will be involved.

C.K. Stewart

Jody Houser will be doing a story about Princess Leia, and there will be a Padme and Ahsoka story by novelist. Beth Rivas.

C.K. Stewart

The fifth story will feature Rose and Paige from Star Wars: The Last Jedi and will be out shortly after the movie.

C.K. Stewart

Delilah Dawson will be the writer on the Rose and Paige story for the fifth week of Forces of Destiny!

Mariela Ortiz @ NYCC‏ @sapphy_hime
    #ForcesOfDestiny 5-Week comic event:
    1. Leia
    2. Rey
    3.Hera
    4. Padmé and Ahsoka
    5. Rose and Paige
    #NYCC

Mariela Ortiz @ NYCC‏ @sapphy_hime
    Sorry wasn't able to get all the creator teams that were listed. Some stories are considered expansions of stories we've seen.

10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

I don't get why everyone makes fun of Padmé dying of a broken heart, when its actually a real medical condition.

That's right, you can actually die of broken heart, also known as takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Combine that with the stress of childbirth of two kids and a dose of Force choke, and Padmé never stood a chance.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condi...rome-Real_UCM_448547_Article.jsp#.Wd8wBhNPmpo

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Duuuuuuuuuuuude you changed my original quote! If yer gonna take issue with my joke, at least quote what I wrote!

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Apparently when you quote someone it takes away the strikethroughs from the words.

14. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Does anyone think these shorts will see a proper DVD/Blu ray release at some point? It's all well and good being online and the moment of course they are in the fans eyeline, being new and all. But in years to come, Forces of Destiny will become just another thing that star wars did.

It would be nice to be able to have an official tangible release.

For instance the Holonet news reports that were released before Rebels. They were pretty cool, talking about Pryce and Mas Ameda. They are still flouting around the interweb somewhere, but are now generally forgotton. I had to as part of my canon collection, prepare A4 size reports capturing what was said by Alton Kastle with some pictures thrown in for good measure. It means I have a tangible, albeit unofficial collective of this canon resource as part of my collection.

I dont want to do that for the animation shorts!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    If they don't release the animation, at least you can still get the stories here:

Star Wars Forces of Destiny Daring Adventures: Volume 1: (Sabine, Rey, Padme) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1368011225/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CE33zbZZB5SE6

Star Wars Forces of Destiny Daring Adventures: Volume 2: (Jyn, Ahsoka, Leia) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1368011209/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sF33zbABJA2X2

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

16. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Would you mind sharing those Holonet news reports you made?

Endol likes this.
  17. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I was hoping they'd keep doing this for the whole run, but they only made, what, five of those? :( I miss the HNN of 2002.

18. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    i would like to see them Holonet news reports too i missed them ! its hard keeping up with canon in uk when sum books and content dont get an offical release only just got issue one of IDW star wars adv few days ago

Endol likes this.
  19. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    oh and got vol 2 of forces of destiny in forbidden planet today if anybody still needs it they should still have sum no luck on vol 1 tho

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Alas, like the OS webcomics. All of those were projects started but never completed by the same folks -- Pablo and the gang. They should have added a few more people because it was clear long before the new HNNs that they were overworked. Heck most of the fanbase would have done it for free back in the old days, and there are a lot of talented fans out there, many of whom were posting on the OS's forum (before we ate it...muhuhaha) and were regulars at the conventions. Add a couple of folks and you'd be all set. Even Disney -- they've got fans running some of the OS articles, so it can't be a blasphemous idea.

Dr. Steve Brule and Contessa like this.
  21. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    As requested, here are my holonet documents I created. They were just for my own collection, and I really don't have any photoshop skills. They are printed off on good quality card in my "promotional materials" canon folder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. lordpixie

Aug 30, 2015
    just want to say thanks Endol ! its great fans helping each other out ! :)

23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    For a time, I believed this General Kahdah and their 212th Attack Batallion would end up appearing in the series at some point.
    But I was a fool.
    Playing by the rules.

24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    This is releasing on Tuesday; somehow it flew completely under my radar until just a few minutes ago. Apologies if everyone else knew about it but I hadn't seen any mention of it here.

[​IMG]

It looks to be either new FoD stories or another adaptation of existing ones, but in the form of an in-universe book in the style of the other "journals" released by Studio Fun - Ezra's Rebel Journal, Poe's Survival Guide, etc. Might be fun for those of us who have been enjoying that series.

25. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I remember this being announced, and had hoped there would be some info about it, but so far it's very quiet. But as TPF points out it looks to be a journal so could be more of an accurate adaption of the animated series , but studio fun works so far has been great.

Between this and jasonfry 's bomber command coming in December, also another book from the same people in March, also by Mr Fry (at least according to starwarstimeline , lots to look forward nto