main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Episode VIII - THE LAST JEDI - Official Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well being as Scar is in the Lion Guard spin-off I’m more concerned for his inevitable SW mash up in Kingdom Hearts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AusStig, MercenaryAce and PCCViking like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do people think there is some kind of significant in that we did not see any of the other Knights of Ren in the trailer?

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I kind of think that has been dropped, oddly. In favorite of the Preatorian Guard...

Not sure i like that either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I keep thinking, the Knights of Ren are probably already dead before TFA started. Kylo probably took them all out due to Dark Side reasons and he's the Master of the Knights of Ren because he killed them all.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The others are off honouring their founder by questing for the Thirteen Treasures of Rule.

AusStig, MrDarth0 and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I thank you for this reference from the bottom of my heart.

Sinrebirth and Ulicus like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    One of them stole his sweetroll....

EDIT: New poster:

[​IMG]

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Jester J Binks and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    All of Rian Johnson's movies are weird as hell. Happily, Star Wars is inherently weird as hell going all the way back to Lucas original film so you can really do pretty much anything.

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Even by First Order standards, that's ludicrously pretentious (especially since it's not a title he's insisting on for himself). I dunno what the deal is with the Knights of Ren or how much - if any - focus they'll ever get, but I don't think that theory is correct.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Long interview but Daisy goes full TLJ spoiler at the end

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Something about the way that was shot was ... I don't know. Kind of off-putting?

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by -- and agree with -- her comments regarding British weather.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  13. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    What where the spoilers revealed? Or which part does it start?

Don’t feel like going through a video of 70 Vogue questions.

14. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    There aren't any, it's right at the end and they're all bleeped out.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    We are the Porg. Resistance is futile.

PCCViking, spicer, AusStig and 6 others like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Porg, sounds Danish.

Dr. Steve Brule and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I kind of hope Luke is being harassed by the Force spirits of Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin. Anakin, especially. I also hope he's haunting Kylo Ren. When Kylo feels tempted by the light, i want that to be Anakin.

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of imagine Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin standing together wherever they are and collectively face-palming at this mess.

19. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The way i see it, Luke is kind of pulling a Cade here. Sure, he's not a drug addicted bounty hunter poodoo bag handing over Jedi to the First Order. He is, however, rejecting his responsibilities as the last Jedi Master.

I want to see Anakin in the Spirit Luke role here. How fantastic would be to see a father-son heart to heart, number one? I also want grampa Force ghost to haunt Kylo a bit, as well. That's probably overkill though.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I may have to go back to writing fanfic just long enough to write a dialogue between the Force ghosts and Luke and Kylo.

Anakin: “Now I know I should have never gone to the Dark Side. If your mother and I had raised you instead of your being sent to my grouchy homebody stepbrother, you’d never be out here on an island having long philosophical discussions with Porgs.”

21. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Imagine Anakin telling bad dad jokes, like Vader in Rogue One. Haha

22. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

First TV spot.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Force Ghost Anakin looks Kylo up and down, points up and down at his costume and says, "who are you supposed to be?"

24. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    "Revan cosplay? Really?"

"Ben Solo. You're not as tall as i expected."

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Let me try (although this relates to both Luke and Kylo). Luke first:

Yoda (shaking his head): "Mistake we may have made. Trained his sister instead, perhaps we should have?"

Obi Wan: "Yes, this all seems very familiar. I would have hoped that he'd have learned from our mistakes, it's rather disappointing to be sure."

Anakin: "And I'd have thought that he'd have learned from my fall. And on that note, I'll be right back (disappears).

Obi Wan: "So do you think that we should step in, maybe talk to young Rey ourselves?"

Yoda: "Hmm (does that chin stroking thing that he does in the PT)?"

(Meanwhile, on Kylo Ren's ship):

Anakin: "Ben, BEN!!"

Kylo: "Grandfather, you're hear. This is excellent, I've done all of this to please you."

Anakin: "Please me, you fool. Why would this please me? This is exactly what I WOULDN'T want you to do."

Ben: "But, but, I want to embrace the power of the Dark Side, to become as powerful as you were."

Anakin: "Powerful? Let me tell you someone about my alleged power. I betrayed everyone who ever cared about me, slaughtered countless innocent for decades, helped to bring about a brutal reign of terror, accidentally killed the person that I loved most in the world, cut off my own son's hand, killed the man who was once like my brother with my own hands, tortured my own daughter, froze my son-in-law in carbonite, and in the end, it took my own death to redeem me. Why would you EVER want to be like I was, idiot?

Kylo: "Umm?"

Anakin: "Oh and about the armor, I wore it because I HAD to! I was hideously scarred and burned and had to stay in the armor just to keep myself alive. And I spent every day for the rest of my life in constant pain and torment. You, you were it because you think it looks cool."

Kylo: "But, but, but."

Anakin: "Stop talking, I'm very disappointed in you grandson, get your act together already (disappears again)."

Abadacus, Jedi Ben, PCCViking and 3 others like this.