main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Probably best to discuss that over in the main Battlefront thread. Keep this for story content.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I also in general have little to say about game mechanics things. Overall the system seems more polished than the previous game, objectives in star fighter assault give more of a story feel and items are more balanced so there isn't an autowin deck. Also the class system encourages multiple styles.

But in the end I will always care more about the story and/or the role play aspects, like getting to be an Imperial officer.

Actually on both notes: one of those upgrade cards they have for the officer shows art of what the Imperial officer looks like, and they have Veers-esque armor and helmet. That's neat but I hope they allow some customization to allow a regular officer look.

Speaking of which -- since this is relevant to Lit's diversity interests -- demo characters include women and POC but each class is set and not customizable. This was the same as the BF1 demo though, which just randomized gender and appearance. I suspect/hope the final game will include the customization players are used to.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So is it known what area of the post Jedi time period most of this game will take place in? Is a large majority of it going to take place in between Battle of Endor and Battle of Jakku or are there going to be several time skips during the story that covers most all of the 30 year period?

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We have no idea yet.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    We don't know for sure, but based on what we've seen, I'm assuming most will be between Endor and Jakku. The plot of avenging the Empire fits best within this time period. Also, until the Resistance is formed, the First Order would be fighting new factions. That means the developers would have to create new models, which would take a lot of work. Then with the Resistance, it was mostly a cold war for a while and so not much room for story missions. If they did include a lot of these missions, it would probably be random missions with little connectivity. So my guess would be the majority is pretty Jakku, and then we will get a couple TFA era missions. This fits with the line about waiting 30 years since for most of that time Inferno was inactive

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  6. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I was kind of hoping that we would get to see the rise of the FO in the game, because that's something that they really need to explore.

redxavier likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    To the extent they're able to tell us, I think/hope that's the idea. It's just that time jumps might be necessary.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Shadowrain10 likes this.
  8. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017
    Right, because of the time of peace that the galaxy was in.

9. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Have to say, I'm really intrigued about this story and am looking forward to playing it. I find the character of Iden very interesting too.

Just a warning though, there seems to be a leak on Reddit with the story breakdown so perhaps keep an eye out for that to avoid.

Contessa likes this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Bleh. Well, I don't read Reddit so that's good.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

11. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    The story's really what I'm looking forward to, too. Way more than any of the MP stuff they've shown off. That Reddit summary's going to be pretty tempting... lol

Shadowrain10 likes this.
  12. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017
    ^This. I'm pretty much only getting the game for the story mode. I hope it's longer than four hours, but with the whole peace time thing being a factor in-between the OT and ST I'm not holding my breath.

13. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Four hours of content is usually what they sell DLC's for for 15 bucks. With all the extra stuff they have in the game they could probably get away with charging 60 bucks for a game that has a four hour story mode. However with me mainly getting this game for the story campaign I may choose to just watch a playthrough on youtube instead of paying 60 bucks for a four hour story.

Shadowrain10 are you getting the four hour story information from any sources or are you just saying that on your own?

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Please remember to put any spoilers or leaks (from Reddit or anywhere else) in spoiler tags.

Also, I wouldn't expect a long campaign. How long was the previous BF2's 501st campaign? That's probably the maximum length possible, and that story had era-hopping.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

15. Shadowrain10

Sep 12, 2017
    I was only saying that because it seemed like a lot of people were going around saying that the story was going to be short.

16. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Now they'll start being faithful to the series? With the bad stuff? [face_sigh] :p

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Single player trailer!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Axrendale, AusStig, BigAl6ft6 and 6 others like this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    EA seems to have issues with the idea people play video games for the story.

Bioware said something to the effect of, "We were constantly told for there to be ess talking, more stabbing and collecting" for Dragon Age: Inqusition.

It's also, arguably, what ruined Andromeda.

AusStig and comradepitrovsky like this.
  19. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Remember. People only play games to kill other gamers not for a story or experience. :rolleyes:

AusStig and SilentGuy66 like this.
  20. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    GOZANTIIIIIIIIS
    OPERATION CINDER
    LEIA ON NABOO
    I'm just astounded at how much this feels fully integrated with the new canon. I love it I love it I love it.

MrDarth0, BigAl6ft6, Kylun and 5 others like this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I think there's a high chance we play as Leia on Naboo during that stage of the campaign.

Edit: also, it looks like publications are starting to post articles about their experiences with the early campaign levels etc. let's put any discussion of that in spoiler tags.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I love the image of Naboo. And it looks like it will be one of the larger battles there. I can't wait, I have been waiting for that for a long time

23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I've only just realised that if there is indeed a timeskip during the campaign that takes everything up to the events of TFA that means there'll probably have to be a second skin of an older (for some reason I doubt they'll actually make her look her age as is the trend of star wars) 50/60 year old Iden that will no doubt be unlockable/purchasable in multiplayer.

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

So the campaign may jump back and forth between the New Republic/Inferno Squad?

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They said at Celebration we'd get to play as heroes during key moments and I think they mentioned Luke as a specific example. So Im guessing if Leia's involved on Naboo, that would be another.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1 likes this.