main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    I feel like I missed something...

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Alright guys and gals, lets remember to keep most of the chatter in the main thread ok?
    We got carried away with the new recruit I understand. I just want to keep this on topic.:)

Skyla Skywalker and BookExogorth like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Yeah I've thought about it off and on for the past month or so but something else always seem to take priority. :p I have added Jorgz to the roster (while reflecting Force Points accrued) in the main fanclub. Welcome to the Lighter side of the Force. :p

4. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

I'm pretty sure you might have missed this one Bardan_Jusik[face_whistling]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Indeed I did.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

Welcome young one, you have taken your first step into a much larger world. I hope you enjoy your journey. ;)

7. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the Guardians of Light Jorgz :bluesaber:

8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    New Initiate Task

The blade of a Jedi must be wielded properly, and you will have a chance for some more in depth practice further along in your training. Form I Shii-Cho has been taught to younglings for thousands of years as the form that all others are built off of. Please, look up this lighstaber form, and offer a brief description, in a couple paragraphs of how it works.

Jorgz

9. Jorgz

Jorgz Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2017
    Shii-cho is a extension of sword fighting styles it retained the basic attacks,parries, and the body zone established by ancient methods.Sii-cho fostered an emotionally heated mindset which resulted in considerable temptation to exucute combat with lethal intent.

shill-cho was specialized towards engaging multiple opponent, the wide sweeping motions being ideally suited towards attacking multiple enemy. However it not useful attacking single opponents, such as enemies had complete mobility and could find a weakness in shii-cho comparatively clumsy bladework.

The basic rules of attacks,parries, and body target zones were established by the shii-cho combat. Shii-cho also had two method of combat which determined how these moves were executed, Ideal form and live combat form. Ideal form was mainly used in sparring and all the moves and maneuvers were executed at perfect horizontal,vertical angles, with attack and parries being perpendicular to one another.

The live combat form was much ,more functional, the attacks being diagonal strikes at each other respective body zone , the goal being to increase speed and reduce actual movement. the body target zone were numbered as follow 1-head, 2- right arm and side, - left arm and side,4- back,5- right leg,6- left leg,

ConservativeJedi321

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Nicely done. I award you Four Force Points for completing this task Jorgz
    Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    What happened with the enclave? So quiet here, time to get some life back!!!

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Fall 1138 times. Get back up 1139 times.

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    ^:)^^:)^

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Hello fellow Jedi:

If choose I must between Jedi and Sith, then I will choose Jedi. These boards seem to contain in-universe threads. I haven't participated, so I can't speak from experience. I don't like the idea of only speaking with Sith, so that makes me a Jedi by default.

Can someone explain this whole alignment deal, where new posters have to choose between being a Jedi or Sith? lol

Consider me a follower of the light.

15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome. :)

ConservativeJedi321

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Tython Awakening, don't feel you have to choose a side. I was here for a long, loooonnnnggg time before I decided to get involved in a side. If you like what you see in this thread and in our main thread in the EU Community forum, you're welcome to join, but nobody has to choose to join any group. But since you self-identify as a follower of the light, this could be a good fit for you. My advice is to take your time, look around, get a feel for what things are like around here, then decide if you'd like to join in with us. And if you do join and then decide it's not for you, you can bow out with no hard feelings. We like to encourage newbies, but not pressure them, so be welcome here as a visitor until you choose to stay or go.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    @Tython Awakening Please dont feel like you must select or align your self with a side or even need to choose now. You are free to enjoy the JCF regardless.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Why am I the only one who can offer introductions these days?:p

Welcome to the Guardians of Light Tython. I'm glad you found your way here.
    As others said you don't have to rush to make a choice if you don't want to.:)
    But if you so desire to join our order please add your membership in it to your signature. As well as the rank of initiate, and total force points (0)

Your first task can be explaining why it is why you want to join our order.

19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Well, I could have done it. But best to leave it to someone that have done it many times, so if you **** up, you are the one to blame. :p

20. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Thanks guys for welcoming me. I need to look around some more and get more familiar.

21. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Hello Lightsiders

I have some comments on how you guys describe this group.

What we Are
    The Guardians of Light are a Jedi group, located in the Expanded Universe Community. We are dedicated to the light. We have an intricate history, and a devoted leadership. We focus on following the Jedi code, and living up to their ideals. We take our roles as Jedi seriously, but we can still have fun with it.

Ahhhhh, so it is safe to be an Expanded Universe reader here. Not so on other SW boards. The EU is my Star Wars canon (1977-2014, RIP) because George Lucas was active in the approvals process through LFL for major developments. To me, the EU represents the original presentation of ideas that encompass the larger saga. It looks like many of the people in this group have stuck with the EU as well.

History of the GOL
    Our “In Universe” history begins prior to the events of the Legacy comics. Our founders objected to the practice of vongforming planets which they found to be counter to the will of the Force. They also sought to preserve the order against the dark side, to save the Jedi from extinction they split from the main Jedi Order of the time. Fleeing to the unknown regions, they settled on a planet called Saridona Prime, and made a Temple of Light which they call home to this day. Membership has fluctuated over time, bordering into the abyss more than once. But we have always recovered, and with a looming Sith presence, we need your help now more than ever.

That's neat. I have read the entire series for Legacy Vol. 2 (Ania Solo series). That series appeared to be occurring in the aftermath of the Vong Invasion. I'm looking forward to going in that direction.
    I have a deep appreciation/fascination with ancient history and archeology. The Tales of the Jedi series, Old Republic, and Dawn of the Jedi are what truly brought me in and kept me as an EU reader. It is interesting to note that Dark Horse and other licensees had alternative story lines and historical periods to explore before the EU got relegated to "Legends."​

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

The Legacy series takes place over a hundred years after episode IV.:)
    And in our RPG at the moment I believe we are set about two decades after the last legacy material.
    There are plenty of discussion threads in the Literature forums as well as the EUC I'm sure you would be fascinated by. Even some older threads about the dawn of the Jedi if I'm not mistaken.

Just so you know the mods don't like it when we double post as it counts as forum spam.
    It is encouraged that you use the EDIT button at the bottom left of your previous posts to make adjustments as needed. Or if the time has elapsed you should probably wait for someone else to post.

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Having said that about posting, there is about 3 hours between those two and the chances are he edit function had expired ;) I do this one sometimes too.

And what Conservative said about us is all true! ;) You'll be comfortable with us as most of us are true EU fans.

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Which is why I mentioned waiting for another post.;)

Alternatively if you desire to post something after another but do not want to double post you might take it to the main thread in the EUC. That is on of the benefits of having two threads, we never have to double post.:p

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Tython Awakening Thats great advice from ConservativeJedi321.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.