main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Lucasfilm has said that Boba survived the Sarlacc in canon, but we haven't seen him since ROTJ. I'd be open to a Boba story after the Sarlacc, possibly with him actually dying at the end and with Daniel Logan reprising the role (wasn't a fan of him in AOTC, but I don't like it when they are recast). They could even have Temura Morrison do it, if he doesn't get too old soon, and I'd be just as pleased with that.

What I'd really be interested in though, is a Boba story shortly after Revenge of the Sith (probably a completely new actor) and we would see how he transitions from the boy in TCW to the ruthless man in the OT.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Sarlacc pit would be a fine opening scene.
    And going from there would be a fun way to indirectly show a bit of the Galaxy after Endor. Help do a bit of filling in that big gap on the Saga.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Indeed. I've been saying this from day one. A Boba Fett movie should literally start with him being digested by and then escaping from the Sarlacc.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Start the movie with one of the corner moments of Jedi.
    Start with the line "Boba Fett? Where?"
    A few moments of CGI facework, or an Alden Ehrenreich cameo...

5. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    How dare you make the idea of Boba surviving the Sarlacc palatable to me.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    If I remember correctly, Lucas had said that he'd considered adding a shot of Boba escaping the Sarlacc in the SE of ROTJ.

7. ChozenOne

ChozenOne Jedi Master

Sep 20, 2004
    Io

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    That's correct. The original draft for Star Wars had two trilogies, with the third film being the story of rescuing Han from Fett. RotJ would've effectively been films 7-9. The decision to compress Jedi from three films into one resulted in him getting tossed in the galactic garbage bin.

Lucas was going to include an escape scene, but felt that it would've detracted too much from the overall direction of the film. I kind of agree there - seeing the heroes speed away on the skiff and then having Boba come out, only to not appear for the rest of the film would've been a little odd.

9. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Well then they could always just use that idea as the start of this movie (should it get made). Seeing Boba crawling/blasting his way out of the Sarlacc, and then a time-skip to see what he's been doing since then.

10. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    I'll take most anything film-related that expands on Fett's lore. Show us why he's the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

11. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    If this happens, I want a new character as the protagonist, and Boba as a villain. We don't need to see more of his personal life than the PT already over-shared, IMO.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What about having Django ordered a second clone secretly named "Bubu".

Boba vs. Bubu - A Star Wars Story (Boba would be the villain of course)

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  13. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    I wish I could find it, but I remember a fan made short video of Boba crawling out of the pit, accessing his wrist band control, and Slave I launching out of its hiding spot towards him.

IMO, this would be perfect as a ROTJ post-credit scene.

Found it.

14. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I have no desire to see Boba Fett crawl out of a butthole.

15. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    Anything post-RotJ would likely contain a Fett we're not accustomed to, unless he managed to reclaim his armor that was lost during the events of Aftermath.

16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Or he gets new armor. I mean his OT armor clearly isn't the same armor that Jango was wearing in AOTC. So maybe he just finds/steals another set.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  17. I want this movie more
    I dont care about Episode VIII or the Obi Wan movie I just want a Boba Fett movie and I will die happy

DarthZ07 likes this.
  18. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Believe me, i want one too. They would have to do it right though. I know the fan base is divided after his sudden and moronic exit in RoTJ, but he's still popular and has a lot of potential. The problem is having the guts to withhold the hollywoodesque aspects. Ok, so he really is a badass but you don' have to show him obliterating every foe with ease followed by cheezy one-liners, and using every widget in his arsenal that the fans have been wondering about for decades (Jango using the rocket on his back is a good example of this). Keep some damn mystery.

"The man with no name" that has been discussed here could work. Don't make him talk all that much. Take Vader as an example. When did you fear him the most? Well, for me at least, in the OT when they held back on him and just used his ominous presence.

Edit: i know many would rage quit and complain about plot holes, and that things aren't properly explained. But that's just how it is. Literature can deal with that anyway.

19. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    If they play it like a Sergio Leone spaghetti western, it could be all kinds of brilliant.

20. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Agreed.

"For a Few Credits More".

Taken from IMDB: "Two bounty hunters with the same intentions team up to track down a Western an Outer Rim outlaw.". Borrowing further from the next installment, you could have Boba Fett (Blondie), Cade Bane (Angel Eyes), Bossk (Tuco/The Ugly).

Then again, let's hope they can do better than that. You get the point though.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Yup. That’s what I want. Throw Aurra Singh in there too.

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I would like to see a movie about Boba's daughter.

23. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I have no idea why people are obsessed with Boba Fett hunting/facing off with Han Solo. He wears Mandalorian armor for a damn reason - have him hunt down a Jedi during Order 66 era and call it day. Hell, throw in a twist at the end where Fett and the Jedi have to team up against someone else or something, maybe the Jedi saves his life and Fett opts to let him go or something at end.

I really don't want Fett's character to devolve to just chasing down a smuggler all the time when he was a great Jedi hunter in Legends.

24. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Devolve? In the only canon material that includes an adult Boba Fett, he hunts down Han Solo and then dies during a Luke/Solo/ Leia attack. Why should he be hunting down Jedi in their prime way before these events? How would it make sense for him to go from an uber-powerful destroyer of Jedi to...well...a bounty hunter. A tracker of Joe Smugglers.

The old EU is gone, and IMO, that’s for the better. Especially when it comes to the “Fett as Demi-God” books.

25. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Where do you demi-god from this? Chronologically, that last two "best BH in the galaxy" were Cad Bane and Jango Fett who were both prominent Jedi Killers (in the canon) - hell, Cad Bane was literally designed to be that kind of bounty hunter by Filoni and his team. Sorry, but I just don't see much of an interesting showdown between a smuggler and guy equipped for dealing with Jedi. It's just kind of a letdown. It's like if you saw Dutch from Predator gearing up for their commando mission....only to just fight one half-starved, half-trained guerilla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.