main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker
    In a bush

I look up to see a squirrel sitting on a branch. I stay still. I hold my breath. It stares at me for what seems like forever.

Sarge

2. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker
    In a bush

I look up to see a squirrel sitting on a branch. I stay still. I hold my breath. It stares at me for what seems like forever.

Sarge

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The squirrel hopped and ran a few paces, stopped and looked back as if to ask, "Aren't you coming with me?"

Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker likes this.
  4. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker
    In a bush

I roll my eyes, then stand up. I follow the squirrel. I have my hand on my lightsaber.

Sarge

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge
    Forest

The western clouds were turning pink when my little friend scampered up, chirped at me, and darted back into the darkening forest. Skyla Skywalker trailed behind.

"There you are, Skyla. I see you met my little friend. It's getting late and I'm ready for dinner, so let's get back to the temple before the others finish all the good food. Tell me, what lessons have you learned from today's training?"

Skyla Skywalker likes this.
  6. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker
    Forest

I have a blank stare for a moment. "...How? Never mind. I learned to push back pain and keep fighting. I learned that there's always another way to go if you are stuck. I've learned a lot from just today." I look down as my stomach growls. "I'm hungry too."

Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  7. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    The Kaleesh cyborg grows restless after an extended period of little action. Constantly looking for a challenge, idle time does not benefit him at all. Boredom draws him to the site of many battles; a place where combatants seek to train and warriors seek to annihilate. Either will satisfy him at this point. It has been a long time since he has had a showdown with a true Jedi. Perhaps a stroke of fortune will inspire one to challenge him.

As he silently moves from one shadow to another, his eyes take in the recent goings on in the area; a Jedi training a padawan. He watches with mild interest until the two depart. There is no point in attacking, though he's certain he could have ended the padawan swiftly enough. He would rather have a solid challenge. The older Jedi might have been a good one to take on. He is disappointed that he doesn't stick around. No matter. He will wait here until the right challenge comes.

Tag: anyone open to a duel

Anakin.Skywalker and DarthIshyZ like this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    IC:Titus Fenton
    Temple of the Light: Training Courtyard

Titus stood at the center of the Training Courtyard and waited for his Padawan. It was only a few days since he had picked up Junko back from her mission on Hoth. Since then Junko had spent most of her time assembling her lightsaber around the crystal she had found during her expedition. And now that she had completed her task Titus wanted to offer her a sparring fight.
    When his Padawan entered the Courtyard Titus gave her a smile. "Welcome Padawan. Now that you have your own lightsaber I think we should continue your lightsaber combat practice. But instead of just going through figures and motion sequences I think its time to have an actual sparring fight, to see what you have learned. How does that sound?"

TAG: Loth-cat

BookExogorth likes this.
  9. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    IC: Junko Machi

Junko approached the Training Courtyard and saw Master Fenton waiting for her, calm and standing at ease. Junko hesitated for a moment, shuffling her feet nervously, before continuing forward. Of course she had been learning and practicing lightsaber combat for a while now, but this was really her first sparring match. Junko gulped, trying to push away her discomfort. She needn't worry about making mistakes - learning was the point of such exercises. She knew that. The absence of mistakes didn't mean mastery; they meant only that you weren't challenging yourself enough. But Junko still felt nervous.

As she neared the edge of the courtyard, however, Master Fenton smiled warmly and greeted her. Junko took a deep breath. I am here to learn. She reminded herself, forcefully.

She nodded to Master Fenton, "Thank you for meeting with me. I think a sparring fight is a good idea."

Though she spoke the words aloud, her stomach did a little flip flop. That's it! She thought, annoyed at her persistent anxiousness. THERE IS NO EMOTION. THERE IS PEACE. Then she shook her head, amused at herself. Aggressively telling herself there was peace? An interesting start to today's challenges.

Junko closed her eyes and took a deep breath. There was peace...somewhere, though it felt enigmatic and inaccessible to her right now. If she trusted the Force, this sparring match was going to help her find it.

"I'm ready, Master," she said, sliding one foot to the side and in front of the other, and bending her knees. Junko pulled her newly constructed lightsaber from her belt and ignited the blade, watching the icy blue energy spring to life in a vertical line in front of her. She brought her other hand up so both rested on the hilt, and nodded to Master Fenton that she was ready to begin.

TAG: @Anedon

Sarge, BookExogorth and Anedon like this.
  10. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    IC: Titus Fenton

Titus returned Junkos nod and contentrated on the fight. "Then lets begin," he said with a smile as he activated his lightsaber. His blade was blue as well, though it had a darker shade than his padawans.For a brief moment he remembered the trip to Illium where he had found the crystal.
    Then he returned his attention back to the present. Junko was standing maybe a meter away facing him, her hands on her new lightsaber.She waits and lets me make the first move. Titus realized and gave his Padawan a smile.

Stepping forward Titus closed the distance between them and started the duel with a standart attack aming for Junko right side and followed with another one aimed for her left.

Tag: Loth-cat

11. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Sith Temple

IC: Darth Ravenous (Sith Spawn)

A cool wind blew across the courtyard of the Sith Temple. The Sith-Spawn paced a terrace within the courtyard that displayed a statue of the Night Herald; Darth_wanderguard

As Ravenous feasted his eyes upon a possible meal... And promotion, he focused the Dark Side unto him. He inhaled and exhaled deeply before throwing his cloak off and igniting his saber. The feeling of his ornate blade rumbled within his hands. The tenticles from his back stretched outwards; He was ready...

With a swift motion, Ravenous cleaved the statue in two. The clank of the upper half of the "Art" that would be Haretisch should alert the Night Herald alone; or at least alert one of his cronies.

Darth_wanderguard

12. Loth-cat

Jun 29, 2017
    Light Temple Training Courtyard

Junko stepped back with her right foot, instinctively pulling her arms down and to the right across her body, angling her lightsaber to block Titus' blow on her right. She quickly pulled her hands back over to the left side, pushing the vertical line of her saber forward to meet the second blow. It was a little clumsily done, and had her master not been moving more slowly than usual to accommodate for her novice lightsaber skills, she wasn't sure it would have actually blocked him. Still, smiled to herself. Her turn to try and gain some ground.
    She stepped forward, arcing her blade to her right and downwards in an attempt to target Titus' left leg.

OOC: your left is my right, and my right is your left? :confused:

TAG: @Anedon

Sarge and Anedon like this.
  13. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    IC:Titus Fenton
    Temple of the Light, Training Courtyard

Titus grinned as Junko was able to deflect his first two attacks. Her reaction seemed to be a little clumsy but she had resisted his attempt to throw her of balance.
    Then she stepped closer and started a low attack, aimed for his left leg. Titus jumped back, deciding to avoid the hit instead of trying to block it. He stabizied himself with the force and immediately responded. Sidestepping to the right he started an attck aming for the left hip of his padawan.

TAG: Loth-cat

14. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2017
  15. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
  16. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    Master? Isley_27

My deepest apologies. My computer was severely lagging...

DarthIshyZ and WookieeRage like this.
  17. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    IC: Darth Alva
    Inner training arena of the Sith Temple

Alva stood, arms crossed, eyes closed in the dimmly lite training arena. He had much to think about now. He was no longer an apprentice, he was Underlord and now with an apprentice of his own to train! Truthfully he was a bit shocked that this responsibility and dawned on him so quickly. Yet he would not falter. Alva would teach his new apprentice everything he knew of the Dark Side, everything The Night Herald had taught him to employ. Or Alva would destroy him right here if there was any sign or hint of a lack of commitment or weakness. However, he also knew the other Lord's would be watching him very closely. This would be a test as well, was he worthy to be among them in training someone new?

He gathered the powers of the dark side, focusing intently to teach Francium its ferocity. As well as wanting to see the connection his apprentice had to the force. The hilt of his saber felt reassuring in his grip.

Now he waited, reaching out to sense his apprentice drawing ever closer.

Edit: OOC: It's all good, do the best you can:)

Tag Quinlan Vos

WookieeRage likes this.
  18. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017
    IC: Darth Francium

Francium had every right to be nervous. The newest member of the Sith had received his first task, but he couldn't help but wonder why he must fight his master. Before joining the dark forces, he had been known for entering fits of rage in which he came dangerously close to killing anyone who irked him. He knew he must control his rage, but he wasn't quite sure how. He wasn't nervous about the upcoming duel, but rather his own ability to remain sane.

As Francium approached his new master Alva, he wondered what was going through his masters mind. He wondered if Alva was contemplating how puny his beginners saber looked compared to his own powerful instrument. This made Francium upset, as he had not quite yet had the chance to create his own saber and had been issued one instead. Francium remembered that he must remain calm, as the slightest fit of rage could ruin this moment.

Francium called out in a respectful tone. "Hello, Lord Alva. How shall we start?"

Tag: Isley_27

WookieeRage and Isley_27 like this.
  19. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016

The sound of Francium's voice brought a slight smile to Alva's face, but at the same time he felt something stirring inside of the young man. Was he holding something back? Was he afraid of his own power? This would not do! Alva knew well the consequences of restraining one's own potential.

"Yes, let's begin!" Alva quickly turned to face the apprentice. Reaching out with his right arm, palm opened, he fired out with The Force. Sending a concerted push that would send Francium skidding backwards on his feet. Then igniting, not one, but both ends of the hilt he revealed that the master wielded a double ended lightsaber. "Francium, let me say this as clearly as I can-" Alva spun his saber rapidly, both blades singing their low pitched hum until they finally rested vertically to his side.

"If you hold back, you will die..." Immediately Alva was upon the warrior. The red blades in motion once more as they danced and whirled behind and in front of Alva to build momentum and then to strike out.

Tag Quinlan Vos

WookieeRage likes this.
  20. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

Francium stumbled backwards, unsuspecting of the force push. Before he could recover, he saw Alva's blade hurtling towards his face. He instinctively threw his own light saber up to parry, but it was a weak attempt as he was still afraid of his power. The blade deflected off his own and slightly singed his arm. Francium howled in anger and frustration, and began to see red.

Power began to course through his veins as he let go of control, heeding his masters words. He gave in to anger, and turned into the whirlwind of power he had only released once before: upon the man who had killed his mother in cold blood. Francium easily parried the next swing, and immediately went in with a counterattack, a thunderous downward swing of his blade.

Tag Isley_27

WookieeRage likes this.
  21. Loth-cat

Jun 29, 2017
    Light Temple Training Courtyard

Junko hadn't expected her master to dodge her slice at his leg. As a result, she had more momentum in her follow through than she had planned, which threw her slightly off balance for Master Fenton's attack.

Blast! She thought. She knew better than to assume that her opponent would always use their lightsaber to block her attacks.

It took her a fraction of a second too long to compensate for her balance, and she nearly missed blocking the blow to her hip as she whipped her hands back up to catch Fenton's strike with her own saber. The delay meant she wasn't ready for the blow when the blades of energy made contact, and her own blade was pushed back towards her body by the force, stopping only dangerously close to her hip.

Junko's eyes widened. Okay, get it together, Junko. She thought to herself. But then she corrected her own thoughts - the Jedi taught that seeking to master or control with a tight grip actually resulted in more slipping through your fingers. It was peace and openness to the Force that allowed mastery over oneself and control in channeling the power of the Force.

Junko pushed one foot back, taking a deep breath and stealing a moment she knew she wouldn't have in a duel with a real enemy. The Force would guide. The Force was always guiding...she just wasn't always listening.
    She felt that taking this moment to breathe had squandered her turn to attack her master. So instead, she took up a defensive posture, putting more weight on her back foot and drawing her arms down and to her right side, her blade angled protectively in front of her body. She would be ready for this blow.

TAG: Anedon

WookieeRage, Sarge and Anedon like this.
  22. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016

Now that was more like it! The raw emotion, the sheer will of fury and anger. The dark side ran strong with this one and Alva knew his apprentice would do well if he continued to draw upon his passion and hatred. The master turned and brought the right sided blade to intercept and redirect the incoming powerful chop from Francium, causing a blade-lock. Their blades hissed and flashed from the constant contact. Alva chuckled, "Very good apprentice! Feel the power coursing through you like a terrible storm! Place yourself into the arms of the dark side! Through passion, I gain strength." He broke from the lock and push forward into a series of slashes and strikes.

Their blades traced and illuminated through the air only to come hurling back into each other in flourishes and parries. Alva was Form II practitioner by heart, his strikes relied on precision and accuracy. At the same, he used a variant style of Form III based on the doubled weapon he carried. He wanted options of defense to go along in his assault. Considering that his apprentice struck with powerful blows that Alva started to admire.

Quinlan Vos[/B]

WookieeRage likes this.
  23. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

Francium had never felt so alive. He felt so much power coursing through him, yet he was able to somewhat control it for once. Maybe it was caused by being around another Sith, but he felt as if he could take over the universe. As he parried and counterattacked his master's blows, he began to realize just how much he could accomplish. Everything slowed down, and he still felt like he wasn't using the extent of his powers, but just grazing the surface of a deep, seemingly bottomless pool of power.

The apprentice knew he couldn't hold out for an extended period, even with the newfound power. He needed teaching to discover the maximum of his ability, and yet Alva kept coming at him. He needed to find anew path, as sheer brute force was exhausting his force reserves. He decided to try some deception. He began to swing another roundhouse at Alva, and when his master began to react, he changed the blades direction, aiming at his masters knees, hopping to catch his master off guard.

Tag Isley_27

WookieeRage likes this.
  24. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016

Slash, parry, feint, thrust, block- Both master and apprentice battled. Lock into saber combat that Alva hoped was pushing Francium further into what he was capable of. For a while he held strong, the Force was flowing through him to stand against Alva. Yet sooner or later the apprentice would tire from his full blown assault. All Alva would need to do is wait, just little, a little more-

Francium came with a strike, but suddenly the blade veered unexpectedly to a different direction! The blow meant cripple Alva at his knees. Forced to abruptly end his sequences, Alva jumped. Narrowly escaping the low strike that would have incapacitated him. Yet this surprise attack pulled all of Alva's momentum to screeching stop. He quickly had to back away from his apprentice to regroup his series of attacks. Now several meters away, Alva circled his apprentice.

He slowly twirled his weapon and circled Francium, "Excellent!" Alva said in a satisfied, yet sinister voice. "Seems like you knew the fight was going ultimately in my favor. So you changed strategies instantly. Your exceeding my expections, Francium."

With that, Alva lowered his weapon and extinguished both the left and right blades. However the session was far from over. As if timed perfectly with his retracted blades, the torches that barely gave off any glow whatsoever were snuffed out. It was time for the next lesson...

Alva appeared to have vanished into the now surrounding darkness. Cloaking his presence so that his student wouldn't be able to sense or detect him. It was time to play the assassin's game. There was stagnet silence for several moments. Alva then reached out with the force, this time it wouldn't be another physical attack like before. No, this time it would be a mental assault. Subtly he began touching and probing the mind of his apprentice.

Then his voice rang out from the blackness, "Understand this my apprentice." To Francium, his master's voice was instanlty behind him, in front of him, to the left, to the right, and sometimes coming from all directions but there would be no one there. Your anger serves you well in combat, but you know as much as I do that there is far to a fight then swinging a lightsaber. At times your most challenging opponent can be yourself. In the next moment Alva lashed out, turning the subtle probing of the force into a maddening mental pull. TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, WHAT YOU FEAR, WHAT YOU'VE LOST! TELL ME EVERYTHING!" The voice of the master was now a demanding yell against Francium's mind.

Tag Quinlan Vos

WookieeRage likes this.
  25. Quinlan Vos

Oct 24, 2017

Fighting had always come easy for the newest Sith. He was bigger and stronger than most of his opponents, and was powerful in the ways of using the force in synch with his attacks. He surprised even himself when he caught his master off guard with the trickery. He felt like he might just have a chance in this fight. Then the lights went out and everything became eerily quiet.

He wasn't afraid of the dark, and had a firm enough knowledge of the force to be able to know where his master was in the pitch black room. Then, suddenly, the presence of his master disappeared. That's when Francium became nervous. Then he heard his masters voice, amplified as if through a thousand speakers and coming from every direction. He whirled about, trying to pinpoint where the voice was coming from, but to no avail. Suddenly, the voice turned into a yell, magnified by the fact that it was in his head. Francium nearly fell to the ground in the unexpected terror it caused him, covering his ears from a sound that wasn't even really there.

Francium knew of what Alva was doing, as he had read about it in the library while on break as a peon. His master was taunting him through the Force. Francium remembered that the best thing to counteract a strong, mental attack was to lash back out with one of his own. He howled through his mind in all directions, hoping that one of the screams would find where his master hid and pierce into his mind as well. It was a weak scream, as he had never done it before, but it did help him find the mind of his master for a brief moment, which was more than he had expected. In the brief time before he lost this link, he yelled right back at his master, saying Don't bring losses up to me!!! You have no idea what I have lost before I came here!!! MY OWN MOTHER, MURDERED BEFORE MY EYES!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU BRING THIS UP!!!!!

He waited for his master's response, but surprisingly, there was silence. It remained quiet for the better part of 30 seconds, but it was enough time for Francium to prepare for the next attack. At least he hoped it would be enough to save his mind.....

Tag Isley_27

26. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016
    IC: Alva

The apprentice pushed back, exhorting his power to counter the effects of the mind probe. Alva was pleased that he had spirit, in fact he was close to locating the master. Yet the force shifted and a laugh echoed throughout the arena, or had it been Francium's imagining? Don't be foolish apprentice. Pain, loss, fear, love, lust! The dark side is all of these things. A Sith who truly follows the teachings of the dark side will not shield himself from the hardships. Only the strong will take these and turn them into something useful. Or do you think you are the only one who has suffered?" Francium would see something, a figure emerging from his subconscious.

The figure was a woman, one he wouldn't recognize. She was a Zeltron, young and quite attractive. Then he would see a young man pleading at some indistinguishable figure behind the woman. However it was all in vain, the figure slits the woman's throat. The young man rushes to catch her, but only to watch her die in his arms. "This is the life of someone who was once weak, but took this experience and made himself stronger. The sound of a lightsaber igniting was heard from Francium's blind spot. And Alva was upon the apprentice again. Striking down on Francium's saber in another blade-lock.

"Will you run from what will give you strength? Or will you distance yourself from it like some Jedi?"

Tag Quinlan Vos

27. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Darth Haretisch -- Sith Temple, Courtyard

A throaty laugh sounded behind the Sithspawn - and if he turned he would see the likeness of the statue he had just defaced. The sallow countenance of the Night Herald was there, eyes alive and burning into the aberration which was once a Wookiee with sadistic mirth.

"I should thank you," he started, his voice low, "for doing away with that... insult." His eyes flicked to the broken statue. "Those who are great stand as statues unto themselves, do they not?"

Beneath the veil of his cape, the Night Herald's fingers rest on the leather of his lightsaber hilt, ready to draw but without betraying a posture suited to combat. He would appear relaxed. His force aura swelled, however, pushing against that of the beast, as if threatening to swallow him whole.

"If it was your aim to issue a challenge..." he smiled, "then here I am."

TAG: WookieeRage

OOC: Let's do this right then, shall we? Three judges, five rounds of replies, you get first move. You may select two of the judges yourself. For my part, I tap QueenSabe7 to serve as one of the three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.