main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Oct 27, 2017.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Sixth Brother confirmed!

3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Neat, I wonder if:

The Inquisitor on the operating table who has been cut in half could be a reference to Maw from the old Dark Forces video game? He doesn't quite look the same but he could probably pass for a Boltrunian

4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Notice that the fifth brother is also missing a hand in the preview. Does he have robotic hand (S) in rebels?

5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    It's not entirely clear from the preview, but he may not be cut in half. Maybe the droid is doing some sort of abdominal procedure? We'll see, but I wouldn't conclusively say that he's been bisected.

Apparently not! Have a look at this shot from Rebels:

[​IMG]

(in case the image is small, you can find it here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fifth_Brother).

Maybe his hand is like Luke's in TESB, i.e. with synthetic skin and all?

La Calavera and SilentGuy66 like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wookieepedia has already identified:

"the guy on the table"

as a Dowutin - the character Grummgar in Mas Kanata's castle in TFA, who Bazine Netal (she who reports them to the First Order) is sitting on, was one:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dowutin

7. MysteriousShroudedFigure

MysteriousShroudedFigure Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2016
    It appears all the inquisitors had their hands cut off. Unless I am mistaken as long as they were clean cuts I would assume it would be possible to reattach them. The reason Luke got a robotic replacement is because his hand was lost on Bespin. I assume they were unable to reattach Anakins hand.
    But it is possible IRL to reattach limbs if put on Ice fast enough. It would have to be possible to do so in Star Wars as well.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm sure Disney is working on "From a Certain Point of View" Volume 2 to explain any inconsistences and troublesome logical gaps between the comics and the Rebels animated show.

9. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I really like this guy's art style, same one who did Kanan right?

kalzeth likes this.
  10. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    No, Pepe Laraz did the art for Kanan.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

This is the simplest explanation. No reason to complicate things.

12. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Fantastic preview!

It always made sense to me that the Inquisitors would have a fairly decent list of victories under their belt if they were still active by the time of Rebels, considering Vader is their master. Glad to see they are taking that direction with the comic, since it also gets pretty clear why the Inquisitors were so unwilling to back off, and would face some pretty grim odds (3 vs 4 with Maul and Ahsoka on the opposite side) rather than showing up before their master empty handed.

Also, there is a chance that the unidentified Inquisitor could end up being a reference to Maw, even if it´s not quite conclusive yet. I´m still hoping to know about some other Inquisitors around, or at least why there seems to be a couple of them missing, but it´s probably too soon to be getting all those answers...

Darth Marcia, La Calavera and kalzeth like this.
  13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

If I recall correctly (you're licensed as a bargeman, not a fisherman), lightsabers cauterize wounds, burning away the nerves from both ends of the severed limb. The burn damage to the nerves is supposed to make reattachment impossible. That's why every Star Wars character that loses a limb has to get mechanical prosthetics. I doubt that's going to change for this series. However, given that these Inquisitors are all aliens, it's possible that their biology is different enough from humans that cauterization doesn't occur, making reattachment possible.

14. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Nice! This series continues to deliver. Great Vader dialogue. Love the design of the Sixth Brother's helmet.

Darth Marcia likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Blood is most definitely visible next to Sixth Brother's arm, so yeah, it's probably their biology.

ConservativeJedi321 and Vialco like this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Blood was also visible from Ponda Baba's arm in ANH, and when Maul had his body cut in half in TPM. Cauterization can only do so much - really big injuries may result in a small amount of blood release regardless.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Such a great line! It really shows who Vader is now, he views himself as a transformed being, a phoenix risen from ashes. He has nothing but contempt for his former self that he views as weak and deficient. And that's what he wants to do to the Inquisitors now, to destroy them and remould them into perfect weapons.

18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I approve of Vader’s methods of training the Inquisitors. :cool:

And it really makes sense for him that he would find value in cutting off limbs as a way to teach a lesson (also amusing parallel with him cutting off Luke’s hand in TESB). And hey, it’s not like he is burning them alive or something, so they shouldn’t complain. It could be worse.

I love the line “it’s only an arm. Get up and fight.” Hilariously reminds me of Monty Python.

I wonder though if Palpatine will intervene, if not just to make sure that Vader won’t train them to be too good. I remember there was a Rebels recon where the Filoni&co said that Palpatine was keeping the Inquisitors on a leash to make sure they wouldn’t be a threat to the Sith. And since we do know that Anakin could train Jedi to be authentic powerhouses (Ahsoka), I wonder if the reason why the Inquisitors never reached to powerhouse levels is because Vader was holding them back.
    Though it could also be that these Inquisitors just don’t have the same Force potential as other Jedi like Ahsoka, so it doesn’t really matter how much Vader trains them, there is always going to be a limit for what they can do. Either way, it’s going to be interesting to find out how he will train them. It sounds like he is just going to train the Grand Inquisitor and it’s going to be the GI job to pass on his lessons.

The only complaint I have is that all these Inquisitors seem to have the same background story. I think it would have been more interesting if they weren’t all fallen Jedi as that could help make them feel more distinctive characters if their different backgrounds had an effect on their characters and their ability to progress (also, I cannot imagine the Fifth Brother as being a former Jedi. I just can’t.); but most importantly, I’m still trying to find a connection between Palpatine’s kidnapped children program and…whatever goal that was supposed to serve.

19. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I wonder if we will see some clone troopers actually on Vader's side in this arc.

BobaMatt likes this.
  20. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Commander Appo [face_praying]

21. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm guessing Grand Inquisitor fails Vader at some point soon. At the moment he seems too confident with Vader. Something major must have happened at some point for his "some things are worse than death" last words in Rebels.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'd bet it could be something related to Vader, or he was referring obliquely to his decision to betray everything he had once been, given the context of when he said it. Although that would be a little on the emo "What could you hate enough to destroy me?" "MYSELF." -side.

23. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I think, at this point, the Grand Inquisitor is right - Vader is maiming them all because he's more interested in showing how much better he is than all of them and taking out his feelings about the Jedi on them than he is in actually making them better. He's upset that Palpatine set this up so he's being a turd.

As for the kidnapped children - it was probably a version of this program.

MercenaryAce, revan772 and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I can't wait to get my hands on this issue. It's going to be amazing!

25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Im glad we are getting the Inquisitors in pre-Rebels content, but if this gang introduced in this series is all their is of the origination, that would be unfortunate.

If that was the case, we don't need to see what happens to Inquisitors post S2 of Rebels since they are all dead. It also gives them plot armor in all content pre-Rebels, no worry about dying before their time. Besides Ahsoka offing one, none of the other jedi survivors can kill an Inquisitor (what a shame). It also takes away the idea of the Empire "retiring" the Inquisitors pre-ANH and removes a Legacy of seeing a survivor post-RoTJ. It would sadly limit all stories of Inquisitors to just 1 period.

I would have been fine with just this group of Inquisitors if Rebels didn't get the bright idea to kill off 4 Inquisitors (5 could be implied with Maul using their saber).

Some Fresh Inquisitor blood (preferring a few with no jedi background) should come about someday before their faction is non existent.

SilentGuy66 and kalzeth like this.