main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Partisans (Saw's Gang) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Cantina Regular, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Thank you for posting that!!

Made a wish come true for me haha

Senpezeco likes this.
  2. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
    Greeting fellow Partisans,

At my local comic book store I picked up a copy of "Guardians of the Whills" - a short novel that details some backstory for Chirrut and Baze living on Imperial occupied Jedha. The story picks up when agents of Saw Gerrera attempt to recruit the duo.

Now I don't want to spoil it for those of you who want to read it but the story does shed some light on quite a few Partisans.

Beezer Fortuna, Leevan Tenza, Kullbee Sperado have several important interactions with Chirrut and Baze as does Saw. Several other Partisans make appearances and it turns out one of my initial predictions from my original post has turned out to be true! How exciting!

Kullbee Sperado has been identified as a Meftian for all those keeping track of new alien species like I am.

It also turns out that several Partisans are the cold blooded warriors Mon Mothma was concerned over. And some seem to have hearts of gold.

My next update will include any and all fun tidbits from the upcoming Battlefront 2 Inferno Squad novel due out in July

3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The coolest guy by a long shot! Tam Posla :cool:

4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
  5. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
    While I do love his design and backstory, he's not a member of Saw Gerrera's Militia

Hopefully this week's episode of Rebels will showcase a few of Saw's compatriots

Manny_Bothanz and vncredleader like this.
  6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yes he is! :cool:

One of the mysteries about this film that took me hours to figure out...

I initially loved this design upon seeing it in the Visual Dictionary (A way cooler version of the Guavian Death Gang from TFA) so I looked for him in the hover tank scene because that's where he should have been...but he wasn't. He was there in the behind the scenes - so what was going on?? So I looked again, and again and again [face_hypnotized]

Turns out he has been re-purposed as one of Saws rebels - same uniform minus the helmet! He is there when they capture Jyn, Cassian, Chirrut and Baze. He is one of the guys that walks Jyn down to Saw and you actually see him flee Saws base (with helmet in hand) after the death star blows up Jedha City!

He is a black man with black war paint on his face. The key is to look for the 4 white mag clips you can see slung over his right shoulder in my av. There is one scene that remained intact of him with the helmet on and it's when they are running to that black and white x-wing outside Saws base...but you need to use slow mo or the pause function to see him properly :cool:

Happy hunting!! I'm really glad I figured this out as I think he has the best design since Boba Fett and it was a shame that he was not in the film.

7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Good eye. That's him!

8. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
    Well now you just gave me a new reason to pop in the ole blue ray!

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    The Partisans are best summed up as a Rebel-splinter group that is willing to do anything--anything--to spit in the eye of the Empire. That is not said in order to condone their methods per se. But it makes them more relatable. Empathy is key, even for those with whom we disagree.

Besides, Whitaker said it best. He is a Rebel, but he's more machine than man, much like his former teacher, Anakin, has become. He wants to save the galaxy, but he's lost so much along the ride. That's why he trusts Jyn and her crew to get the right thing done. He may be harsh, but there is a lot of humanity left within. He trusts his daughter-figure to make the right choices for civilization. How 'bout that? :)

Cantina Regular and Avnar like this.
  10. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    The Rebel terrorists in Rogue One is the best, purest example of realism in the entire Star Wars saga!

Cantina Regular likes this.
  11. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Some Two Tubes Twins news:

An update made to the Databank:
    Edrio is now confirmed to have died in the destruction of Jedha City :( (Source)
    And from Marvel:
    Benthic is on the cover of Star Wars #39! [face_dancing] (Source 1, 2)
    This is the second issue in the Ashes of Jedha arc, which takes place post-ANH.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Cantina Regular like this.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Is there a way of telling Edrio from B...um...er...what's his name? His brother?

13. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Yes! Benthic (left) has a long coat and a small canister strapped near one shoulder, while Edrio (right) has a chest control box:

[​IMG]

Benthic also carries larger canisters containing improvised explosives on his back:

[​IMG]

(P.S. -- It looks like we might be getting more Tam Posla in Doctor Aphra #15! Here's the cover art, by Ashley Witter.)

14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    A-ha Benthic is the one that does all the talking. Their designs are amazing!

Cantina Regular and Gigoran Monk like this.
  15. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    One of the best alien designs out there.

vncredleader likes this.
  16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I am so excited to see the RO aliens show up all over the GFFA now. Like someone put Drabatans and these guys in Solo

17. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016

Yes! This exactly! I can't believe they didn't put any Abednedos in the backgrounds of Rogue One after they were all over Episode VII

vncredleader likes this.
  18. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Abednedo’s are some of my favorite new aliens as well.

19. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    As time goes by I start to realise that killing the partisans off was a bad idea. They provide such a great contrast to the idealistic alliance and would be a great explanation for why the entire galaxy isn't with the rebels by Endor: Saw providing a wealth of propaganda for the empire.
    A fifth column that was constantly vying with the rebellion for supremacy, feuding on and off, raiding each others dumps...
    Actually it would have been even better if they had ended up taking arms against the NR and lasted until around the time of TFA.

Disregarding the ways the plot could go, we'd get more of the zebra camo, Two tubes and Moroff.

whostheBossk and Cantina Regular like this.
  20. Cantina Regular

May 24, 2016
    ^^^

Could you imagine if they had stuck around and waged war on the imperial remnant post Galactic Concordance? Because they would have believed to leave any Imperial forces intact would lead to a rise similar to that of the First Order

21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Who said the partisans were completely destroyed?

22. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Inferno squad has the last few being wiped out sadly.

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Don't forget BOR GULLET, he was MVP of the Partisans.. :p

Darth_Duck likes this.
  24. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    In terms of the aliens featured I think Edwards was looking much more for the same kind of gritty look than the OT had at least until the second half of ROTJ with the Ewoks and Nien Nunb. In TFA to me a lot of the alien designs seemed to push more heavily towards the cartoonish which I don't think would have suited this film at all.

Avnar likes this.
  25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    It's funny...I really liked TFA until RO came out and completely blew it out of the water! One of the things that really stands out is that RO has hundreds of character designs I absolutely love where as TFA only has about...5?? Other than Kylo Ren, Rey, Bobbajo, The Crimson Corsair and a couple of others - The rest are simply mundane :oops:Maz's bar should have had at least a handful of really cool designs... Oh Luke looked awesome at the end as well!

avcpl likes this.