main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    David Cameron once said, in replying to Peter Bone (who kept asking questions from his wife)

"It seems I am here to bring pleasure to Mrs Bone"

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I suppose it's a step up from a dead pig.

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Leader of the opposition K. Mitsotakis (right-wing) about the bill on gender identity, speaking in the Greek parliament today: "I was told a story about a child who wanted to change genders because he was told to do so by an alien on Mount Hymettus."

You gotta give it to him, he's more creative than Trump.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Well, at least the pig was dead. No trauma ensued.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Depends on how the pig died.

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I honestly think that's the best reason I've ever heard. I mean, the other reasons are good, but this one is just great. And I don't want to give advice to an alien being, but hopefully said alien will pay a visit to K. Mitsotakis next.

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    It was probably Zeus , those Greek gods were always messing with people .

cwustudent, V-2, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    What goes on in Romania is none of her business. It doesn't effect her. Maybe she'll get arrested there too.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  12. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
  13. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Ex-National Front organiser renounces far right and reveals he is gay (and Jewish)

Quite a coup for Prevent, right?

Sadly though, it appears he has a long way to go, as some of his comments reveal that he's still a massive bellend:
    No, no, no.
    How about you just concentrate on not being a ****?

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I was gonna mention Tula from the Bond film but she is referenced in the article too .

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Chewgumma and Juliet316 like this.
  17. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I was annoyed by how some people on FB were saying that Kevin Spacey came out as gay. Well, I don't think anyone cares if he is gay/bi/whatever. If he is, it's irrelevant, since he's apparently a pedophile. If he has a paraphilia like that, then that is serious. I always thought Spacey was a good actor. I saw more of his early work than his recent stuff. (I only do books and Internet, and I rarely buy television series DVD sets in comparison to my consumption of movies.)

I typically heard that many pedophiles were straight men who had a paraphilia for underage boys, and many other pedophiles were straight women who were into underage boys. Ugh. I hope they're all quarantined. I don't know if that stereotype is accurate. But recently, I read some neurologists believe that most pedophiles are born that way and that the majority know that their attraction to kids is inappropriate. I don't know if I agree with that. I think many of them are made that way through abuse. They need serious treatment. I once read a story about a Catholic priest who recognized how his attraction to kids was unnatural. So, he moved out in the country and started to grow food for the poor. Now, that guy did the right thing.

The problem in Hollywood is that there is an unspoken acceptance of some pedophiles who have harmed kids. It needs to stop. These people need to be tried and jailed, if not moved out. The allegations against Harvey Weinstein have not only exposed is gross actions against women. They have exposed the tacit acceptance that some employees had for his vile deeds. The more people are outed as creeps, the better.

As long as we can quarantine and/or arrest threats to children, that makes people feel better.

Lord Murk All Of Them likes this.
  18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    He basically came out as a desperate attempt to relativize the sexual assault incident.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    He basically came out as a desperate attempt to relativize the sexual assault incident.

Edit: Netflix cancelled House of Cards. Wow.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Child abuse has been occurring in Hollywood since the dawn of the movie industry.

21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

That's the worst thing about how Spacey handled the situation. In what's obviously desperation to save his career and his image he's dragged a whole marginalised community through the mud by revitalising a malicious myth. Did he really think that by coming out as gay people would roll their eyes playfully, go "Oh you cheeky rapscallion" and he'd be exonerated for pressing himself on a minor? Or was he trying to say that the incident had some kind of healing effect on his psyche, making this all about himself rather than the trauma he caused Anthony Rapp?

Spacey's statement means that he isn't just a sex offender, he's a snivelling, selfish ass.

On an additional note, I also don't buy into Spacey's excuse that he was drunk, and thus is completely innocent. I know Rapp said that he thought Spacey was drunk during the time of the incident, but one has to assume Spacey was sober when he invited an unchaperoned minor to a nightclub and to a house party. It's predatory behaviour, and has nothing to do with Spacey being gay.

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    You said it, Chewgumma.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They had decided to end the show months ago. Probably weren't planning to announce it this way, though.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Production has now been suspended indefinitely on it.

26. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The original British House of Cards was much better anyways.

Jedi Ben and FatBurt like this.