main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light" (drama about Palp´s niece, a mix of legend & canon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jul 11, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Frustrating that Dravits didn't take her warning seriously. Wonderful consoling from Lor.

Orson is such a contradiction in qualities [face_thinking] particularly with Nagina. [face_thinking]

Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sheev is building something big.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    When is he not?

Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan, Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and Kahara, here my update and then I am off again, because DarthUncle needs his sleep and I need to function next morning. I had to rewrite the following text 3 times until I was satisfied.

Chapter 31:

The next day Orson does not appear for breakfast and I hear somebody say that he has headed off to Hanna City. This gives me the opportunity to sit right next to Lor. We do not openly flirt with one another though. There is no need. The nights will always belong to us, protecting our secret marriage.

Day time is filled with party business. There seems to be enough food and drink for an entire clone legion like the famous 501st. Visiting neighbours still stock up our supplies when they come around. Each casserole, each bottle of wine, each cake is a sign of appreciation from the farming community. I have been missed.

At noon, while I am busy to give out hugs and kisses, mostly accompanied by small talk, I feel a gaze drilling into me.

Orson is nearby, watching me. It is a huge effort for me to casually turn my back on him again.He behaves like a very conscientious doctor, checking on an unstable patient around the clock. It is unnerving really.

I go on with my current conversation, but I take great care that I do not comment on politics or the sudden end of the Clone Wars.

When Frank Talbot, a seasonal harvest hand from Emita, is gone again, Orson approaches me. “Will you be my guest?” he asks and while he does I realize that he is simply nervous.

“What for?” I demand to know, but keep my tone light.

He smiles at me, looking like the sweet boy he used to be. “I still had no real opportunity to give you something reasonable for your birthday.”

In my head is a long list of things I urgently need from him, starting with more privacy and ending with my freedom. But instead I step up to him and return his smile. “What is it?”

A smirk appears on his face. “The Emperor orders me to take you to Naboo when we are finished here. You are allowed to see the mausoleum of Amidala.”

I cannot tell him that Sheev and I already spoke about it. It would mean unmasking myself as a Force sensitive. “Thank you,” I beam, keeping my secrets for now.

He rolls his eyes. “But that is his present. I have something else for you.”

A mix of worry and curiosity light up my eyes. I can see them both mirrored in his eyes.

Shyly, Orson opens his left palm. “Could you walk with me to my ship, please? The surprise is inside.

Trust is difficult under the circumstances, but I look straight into his blue eyes and see nothing but love.

My feet move all by themselves.

Orson has taste. There is no doubt about it. The fuchsia coloured tunic is a dream. But why he also gives me a gold necklace and matching ear rings is a riddle for me. His bad conscience must be enormous. From private channels I know that he never goes to expense for the females he sleeps with.

When I come out of the Delta-class T-3c shuttle again, Orson sighs full of relief.

“Were you afraid that I would fly away with your ship?” I ask.

He shakes his head and answers with a half-laugh, “Berch would probably do something crazy like this, but not you. Your booty are hearts, not star ships.”

I have never meant to be the thief of his heart in the first place. All that I had seen about thirty-three years ago had been a baby boy in need of love and care. And so I had offered my service to him and his overtaxed parents.

In silence he leads me back to the farm house and my guests. For the rest of the day he acts like my shadow.

There is another predator around with much sharper eyes though. One that I can feel in the Force. Luckily, it is a person whose friendship I have won ages ago.

When the time seems right Mara helps me to have a suitable alibi.

With a picnic blanket tucked under my arm I take some birthday cake with me into the grass sea.

Like a brave little soldier Aurra camps out there. She is not dressed in her usual orange jump suite, but wears green army camouflage with a fitting hair ribbon.

Our last girl’s night on Coruscant seems an entire life time ago and not two weeks.

I unroll my blanket next to her and stay on for a while, but I keep an eye on my chrono.

Orson can be as dominant and bullheaded as a Reek from the planet Ylesia. If I am gone too long, he might forget his dislike of children and walk up the hill to check on me personally.

To share me with other people remains a great obstacle for him. Since our arrival on Chandrila he barely manages to be social. But when Crix asks to have some sibling time with me after dinner, he lets me go with no protest.

In the rosy colours of dusk my Corellian foster brother and I walk over to the barn. Since early childhood days it has been one of my favourite places. It seems as if the Force itself walks around there, leaving either sun beams and shadows in its wake.

We get seated on a hay stack, placing a small energy lamp on the floor before us.

Orson is at the main house, helping my mother in the kitchen. We talk to one another with hushed voices anyway.

Soon our conversation is about the fall of the Jedi order. Crix mentions the bonfires the dead Jedi had been thrown into. “The grounds around the temple area were ankle-deep with ash, deposited like rain. I do not even know if anybody wrote the names of the deceased down before the flames ate them.”

My mouth turns unbelievingly dry. “Trust Sheev and his administrative skills. He had somebody to do all the dirty paper work for him. Numbers make him happy.”

We exchange a sad look.

Then I ask, while hugging my left knee, “Was there an official statement on Senator Amidala’s cause of death?”

Crix’ face darkens. “The Jedi were blamed.”

“This is not right!” I exclaim.

My foster brother puts a finger to his lips.

Somewhat sobered I add in a much more quiet tone, “Sheev cannot make people believe such ridiculous lies.”

“It is known that the Jedi order stole babies for centuries.” There is acid in his voice and I know it to be sarcasm. “Why is it so strange to claim they slaughtered a pregnant woman during their coup? Someone who enjoyed Palpatine’s favours since she got first elected as queen of the Naboo. Also, a big lie is always easier than selling a small one. People like stories as much as conspiracies.

I hang my head. This is all to easy. “Have you spoken to Mothma about her friend’s sudden demise?”

His eyes narrow. “Why should I, of all people, talk to the senator of Chandrila?”

“Because you have a crush on her since that barn dance you both went to,” I giggle. “Dravits told me about it.”

He places my free hand in between his large fingers. Your insight serves you well, but it could be made to serve your uncle.”

“I will not betray you,” I insist, my cheeks but two burning flames.

“Not willingly, no.” He leans over to kiss my brow. “But it is better for you to forget a great deal of things, Turhaya.”

“You are thinking about leaving the Empire, right?”

He looks at me like a man torn between brotherly love and political loyalty. A feeling I have come to known all too well since the Battle of Geonosis. “What I want is not important,” he whispers. “Only what our galaxy needs matters. Mon and I talked about it.”

That they had split up to serve the fallen Republic, and his eyes tell me as much, makes me sad.

“We will try to revive old virtues. If your uncle was able to destroy the state from the inside out, we can do the same to his Empire.”

Right now Crix is the leader of one of the Empire's most lethal and elite commando units. If he would defect right now, it would be too suspicious. For now his plan sounds reasonable.

(To be continued!)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gorgeous gift from Orson & love the talk with Crix. Nagina would of course never betray him deliberately and she is definitely stirring the embers of Rebellion :cool:

AzureAngel2, DarthUncle and Kahara like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Crix already thinking about rebels

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    The more I read about Nagina, the more I like her. She is one hell of a woman.

8. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Orson going out to get Nagina some nice gifts, that's good. And their interaction is less creepy here, which is good too. Heh, and there she goes inciting love and rebellion from Crix, well done!

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I agree with DarthUncle; Krennic was surprisingly uncreepy in this instalment :p Either he knows that he needs to make amends urgently, or he's up to something. I'm curious to see how the visit to Padmé's mausoleum will go; it's going to be an interesting moment.

And Crix is already thinking about defecting, eh? At least someone is listening to Nagina's warnings. Draven will get there eventually too. As Nagina said, Crix's defection will be a major coup for the budding Rebellion; he needs to time it right.

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am stuck a bit at present, otherwise I am fine, but extremely busy. The Halloween muffins have to go into the oven soon. And then an apple tart is the next on cue, but no new words for Nagina will appear in my mind. Perhaps after the 31st October.

earlybird-obi-wan: He still hopes to heal the Empire from the inside out.

Cowgirl Jedi 1701: But she is not perfect. She has some flaws, no matter how well connected and inventive she is.

DarthUncle: Oh, no! I wrote a non-creepy Orson in this update! "Ein Skandal! Ein Skandal!"

Chyntuck: Oh no, you also noticed a nice Orson being around. I must better myself again.

And yes, Crix will wait a while longer to defect. He is a tactician like Dravits and Berch.

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    When did I ever imply that she was perfect? Nobody's perfect. You can be amazing without being perfect.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_blush] Sorry, I was so busy with baking Halloween muffins, cleaning the kitchen and chatting with some of my neighbours on what´s app when I wrote this. I am bad at multitasking at present. And obviously bad with coming up with new stuff, Cowgirl Jedi 1701. :(

DarthUncle likes this.
  13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    S'okay. You're cool.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    If I get so much praise, then I owe you, dear Cowgirl Jedi 1701, and everybody else who loves this story a mini-update:

(Still Chapter 31)

When Orson sees me entering the living-room about two standard hours later, his gaze softens and a smile curves his lips. He is in conversation with both Maxa Jandovar and Janet Lalasha. I can clearly tell that he shows my guests his smooth, polished self at present. He laughs a lot and it is like a warm hum filling the living-room.

A part of me is sorry that I have been constantly betraying him since we stepped on Chandrilan ground. Due to my intrigues he will have to face Sheev any time soon.

It is not my uncle that I fear though. It is more the reaction of the men around him. Of course I know that they some of them want me dead and gone.

“It is wise to fear death.”

This statement is softly worded. Brother Durante can be a very discrete and quiet man.

I clear my throat. “It is not my death that I fear.”

The Brother of Cognizance nods to that. His glance is solidly fixed on me. “Life and death, joy and sorrow, gain and loss; These dualities cannot be avoided. Learn to accept what you cannot change.”

Amusement glimmers on my lips, because I know the source of his quote too well. “We had a similar discussion before,” I give back in the same hushed tone of voice.

“And yet you keep fearing the inevitable.” Regret is written all over his face. “Death waits for all of us, Cassandra. It is a question how we will meet him in our final hour. The person who is always involved in good deeds experiences incessant divine happiness.

My heart turns over in a fluttery cartwheel.

Brother Durante reaches for my right hand, squeezes it reassuringly. “You made your choice a long time ago. The road has been rough on you, the journey painful. But in the end your sacrifices will be honoured. Love and friendship multiply, hate is a lonely business.”

“Can I ask you something?” I say before my courage is able to desert me any further.

He smiles, warmed by the intensity of my tone. “You can ask me anything you want. But I do not know if my answers can help you.”

“My uncle has not only studied the Sith and their ways...” I am speaking as calm as I can and the monk is studying me hard. “I wonder...”

Ina!” My name grumbles roughly from Orson’s chest. “I hope I do not interrupt your confession a second time.”

“We were discussing the nature of the Force,” I answer in a stark voice.

“Good.” His killer smile is smug and self-assured, but I see lines etched on his forehead. His jaw is a bit tense. “I was wondering if you would grant me some quality time tomorrow. What about a picnic at Lake Sah'ot? Just you and me. Like in the old days.”

“Why not?” I prompt.

“Good.” Just one word, but it conveys a wealth of meaning to me. Relief. Joy. Love. He strokes a hand down my hair, smoothing the strands. “Your Reverence, please forgive me my rude interruption.”

With a nod towards Brother Durante he is gone again, leaving me in emotional uproar.

That night Lor takes me wordlessly into his arms. I lean into his touch, almost starved for it. An entire day of waiting and wanting lies behind us. Soon only our bodies speak to one another. Our lips are occupied differently.

We have left the window wide open for Bathseba, who is hunting the nightly balm grass sea for squalls and other small mammals.

At her return she gives a a discrete skreetch.

My husband gives me another scorching kiss and gets up to shut the night out again.

While the convor gets comfortable on the wardrobe again, he hurries back into bed. His skin is not cold at all. Chandrila is a world with perfect climate. It’s native citizens are mostly unfamiliar with the everyday struggles of life in less comfortable environments like Jedha or Tatooine.

“A credit for your thoughts,” Lor muses into my left ear, most of my body trapped between his long legs.

“I was actually thinking that you and General Skywalker are both from desert worlds.”

He chuckles. “That is all that we ever shared, Nagina. Mistress Nu was a bit frustrated with him. Why she would not tell.”

“Perhaps he never returned library property on time,” I joke back.

“Now that both are gone, we will never know.” He gently leans his chin on my right shoulder, hugging me from behind.

“If Orson will allow me to seek out the grave of Shmi Skywalker,” I wonder and feel my husbands body tighten.

“Please do not push your luck!” he begs me. “You are already allowed to see the mausoleum of Senator Amidala. Who ever killed her will not be lucky when you start sneaking around. Boba and I spoke about it today.”

I blink into the darkness, that is only illuminated by Bathsebas eyes. “Boba is here?”

“You made yourself his adoptive mother a couple of years ago. Of course he is on Chandrila for your birthday celebrations. He is right out there, together with your other bounty hunter friend. Aurra Sing, right?

Nervously, I wiggle my right foot around. “Did you tell him about our marriage?”

“Not without your permission, no. But he might have an idea or two since he has binoculars and a pretty good view on this bedroom window.”

I press a hand against my mouth. “He might have just seen you.”

There it is, another carefree chuckle. “He might have. But then again, he knows how a naked man looks like.”

“Oh no!”

Suddenly, I wish that Gita and Chetan would have taken care to install curtains in front of their bedroom window.

Lor leans more into me, his body melting like liquid satin over my skin. “Relax, Nagina!” He nuzzles into my hair.Boba is a thirteen year old who has travelled this galaxy a lot. I bet he has even been to Nar Shadda or the court of Jabba the Hutt a lot of times. That would include half-naked Twilek dancing girls.

Blushing, I let my husband comfort me in sweet ways.

(To be continued!)

DarthUncle, Kahara, Chyntuck, earlybird-obi-wan & WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AzureAngel2 -- beautiful and wise words from Durante about dualities and accepting what cannot be changed.

=D=

Orson seems genuinely pleased about the picnic.

And SQUEEEEEEEEEE! for the Lor and Ina scene and [face_laugh] for the commentary about Boba and what he's gotten used to in his line of work. [face_mischief]

@};-

Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thouthful words from Durante. Love the Lor scene with Boba watching or not

DarthUncle likes this.
  17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I think it's funny that when they realize that Boba Fett might be watching through the window, Nagina is all like "Eeek! We're naked!", and Lor is just like, "Meh. Whatever. He's seen naked people before."

18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    LOL for Lor! Although there is something slightly disturbing to the idea that Boba may be watching [face_worried]

Now, what was Nagina about to tell Brother Durante about Sheev before Orson came around? And why will she go to Shmi's grave? (because now that she said it, I'm sure she will!)

19. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Well said Cowgirl, I also chuckled at that. Though maybe because it was a situation that isn't wholly unknown to happen between me and my wife, perhaps [face_whistling]

I really hope that Lor and Nagina lived long and happy somewhere far away, but from the start this story had a melancholy to it that tells me this is unlikely. So, I'm very glad that the get to share these moments, at least.

Great update. As you know AzureAngel2, my lack of responding until now was more about already having said quite a bit about it IRL as you read a slightly earlier draft to me, than about not caring. I't great stuff :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I agree about Lor and Nagina. I love that they have such moments.

As for the personal commentary, SQUEE! [face_mischief] [:D]

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: The picnic will happen in the next chapter, because our heroine had to meet somebody special to her still.

earlybird-obi-wan: Then there shall be another Boba scene. In your honour!

Cowgirl Jedi 1701: Your dialogue works way better than mine. And it is much shorter! ;)

Chyntuck: Perhaps I had an overdose of Doctor Who recently, so just let me answer with the word "Spoilers!" and the famous sentence "I´ll explain later!"

DarthUncle: Then let me wake you up from your siesta before we are going to miss the local SW dinner tonight! [face_love]

Thanks, dear Nyota! [:D]

And now the rest of Chapter 31:

(Still Chapter 31!)

The next day around noon I spot Boba sneaking over the property. He wears civilian clothing instead of his usual Mandalorian battle armour. His stride has a certain urgency to it. I am not surprised to see that he is heading straight towards the privy. Via Mara I have sent him and Aurra a lot of left overs from today’s breakfast buffet, including a large coffee pot.

Grinning, I walk closer towards the privy. I knock at the door as hard as I can. Ke'sush!” I bark, giving him the good old army command. Attention!

There is annoyed silence for several heartbeats, then the teenager grumbles from the inside,Usenye, me’suum’ika!” He sighs loudly.Go away, moon/ little planet!

Copaani gaan?” I joke towards the locked door. Need a hand?

This is odd!” Boba points out. “I hope you are aware of that.”

I lean against the door. “Any success on the Erso family yet?” I demand to know.

“If you pose that question any louder, Krennic might hear you and you can ask him personally,” Boba purrs in a dangerously low tone. “Besides, I am not working on any missions right now. Because I am sort of busy in here. At least I am trying to be...”

I step away from the privy for a good while, a big grin still plastered on my face. Due to my night with Lor I am in a playful and silly mood.

“Kindergarten teachers have privacy issues, don’t they?” Boba finally states, acid swinging in his voice. “You are worse than a torturer.”

“Sorry,” I mumble, not meaning it.

He snorts. “Just make sure to check Krennic’s location before I leave this place. I do not want my cover to be blown like this. Besides, I just used the last bit of toilet paper.”

There is a rumbling noise.

“And that was the last bit of sanitizer, I am afraid.”

“I will tell Gita about it,” I promise.

“We could use this place as a drop.”

Realising, how funny his words are, he breaks out in laughter. It takes him a while before he can pull himself together again.

“Boys!” I comment loud enough for Boba to hear me.

Suddenly, I spot Orson coming out of the barn. Since there is no way of hiding, I start waving. He gestures me to meet at the house when I am ready. He is in a very good mood.

When Orson is gone, I start wailing, “I am the worst spy ever!”

Boba opens the door, a mischievous grin on his lips. “No, there are actually folk worse than you. You’d be surprised.”

We hug briefly.

“Now listen, crazy woman, Galen Erso’s research is classified. If I dig too deep, it might alert your uncle or worse.”

I bite my lips. “You mean Sate and his gangrenous gang.”

“Even worse.” His gaze clouds. “This Jakku sand rat starts to feel bothered.”

“Galli.”

“Yes, Gallius Rex indeed.” His hands reach for my face and frame it. “I would do everything for you, but I will leave this matter alone. And I advice you not to draw Madine, Draven or Teller into it either. It’s too hot a matter.”

“We are talking about a giant battle station that...”

“No more!” He presses a finger on my lips, silencing them. “I do not need to hear that. Politics was never my thing. The Clone Wars and their outcome made that clear to me. From now on I will sell my services to the highest bidder and ask no more questions than necessary.”

“And you call that life?” I bite out.

“It is a question of survival.” Anger laces his young voice and he takes a considerate step back. “Besides, I need to survive for two people here. You seem to have that constant death wish.”

We stare at one another, exhausted.

Then Boba takes my face into his hands again and leans his brow against mine.Ni kar'tayli gar darasuum.He announces out of the blue. I love you.

I blink at him.

“It is not easy for me to admit something big like that. Normally, I do not do emotions. Not the gentle ones anyway. They are not the shape of my heart.”

I stare ahead of me, remembering an odd quote from the days of the Old Republic.Mhi dralshy'an tracrah nau inyas!” I whisper darkly. We burn the night sky with our flames.

His brown eyes burn into mine.“You cannot save the entire galaxy from the evil plans your uncle carries in his heart. Please learn to save yourself! For my sake. You battle-adopted me, remember? Besides you I have no parent left.”

Feverishly, I search for words of comfort. But I find none, because I cannot lie to him.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful blend of intrigue and affection =D=

DarthUncle, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Pestering him while he's in the John. She would, wouldn't she? :p:D

And......
    It's okay, Nagina. If you have no words, a hug will do.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Boba is nice, he deserves to be independent

DarthUncle likes this.
  25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Only Nagina would think of discussing the Death Star with Boba while he's in the loo :p

So Gallius Rax gets a mention in this story, uh? Will we actually see him at some point?

I wonder to what extent Nagina will take Boba's advice. In RO Draven doesn't really know about the DS, so presumably she doesn't tell him everything she knows or guesses.