main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #7-12: The Dying Light/ Legacy's End (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    According to Sheev she is barely competent with a lightsaber.

Erkan12, Darth Dnej and BobaMatt like this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I wouldn't say Palpatine is the most reliable source. He might have speaking comparatively 'Oh I could trounce her as quickly as I did Agen Kolar' or something demeaning like that. She might be average, or above average, and still not be on either Vader or Palpatine's level. That does not make her an awful lightsaber user, or even 'Barely competent' as he so claims. Until I see the Inquisitors take her down in a second, I'm taking the Emperors taunts with a grain of salt.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That's not what bothers me the most. He even calls her "middling in the Force".

4. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I'd prefer that she didn't start spinning around the room though. Something more like Darth Traya's floating lightsabres would be good, maybe just the one lightsabre though.

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, Sidious did seem to be rather objective about lightsaber skills. He gives Dooku the praise he deserves while duelling the Talzin-possessed Count.

[​IMG]

Erkan12 and Darth Dnej like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    From the comic itself? Palatine calls her barely competent and it is implied that Jocasta didn't use a saber in a very long time.

I'm not sure whether the writer of the comic even knows about this Ahsoka statement, but it hardly matters. Wasn't Jocasta defeated by an interloper in that episode?

kalzeth likes this.
  7. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

Agreed. He even refers to him as just "Vader" three times in the comic. He clearly still has some issues with Vader.

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Vader and the Grand Inquisitor met like 3 days ago in the last issue.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm sure GI is still smarting from the effortless beatdown he suffered at their initial meeting. Before he met Vader the Grand Inquisitor answered directly to the Galactic Emperor. Now he answers to a vitriolic cyborg that mutiliates his people and belittles his skills. And there's nothing he can but stiffen his spine and take it. Because he already knows he's no match for Vader.

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Sith literally think of trash talking as a fighting technique. I wouldn't read too much into it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dun_Möch

If he was talking about Yoda he'd call him a feeble old fool who followed the impotent side of the Force.

Jocasta is a Jedi Master and by nature is going to be nowhere near Anakin/Vader in the lightsaber or power but she is STILL a Jedi master.

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I should point out that GI is probably not a guy with a strong sense of personal loyalty to Palpatine given he was a Temple Guard like a month before.

revan772 and kalzeth like this.
  12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It's bad having someone show you up.

It's worse having someone show you up because you're inferior.

BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and Vialco like this.
  13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Indeed. And the best way to handle that is to analyze exactly what the other person had that you didn't, and then work on improving yourself so that you can become stronger and better. Of course Grand Inquisitor isn't exactly a model of maturity so we get his snippy comments. Though he did have a point at the end, and he and Vader did manage to reach an understanding of sorts.

14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The GI and the Inquisitors are apparently ex-Jedi slaves.

Vader is a SITH.

The distinction isn't phrased but is apparent.

15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I can't tell if you're talking metaphorically or if you actually think the Jedi kept slaves.

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    [​IMG]

"Why would he want to kill her in public?"

"I think she meant he threatened in public to kill her."

I.e.

The Inquisitors as ex-Jedi slaves are "Ex-Jedi who are now slaves."

LelalMekha, KamNale and Daneira like this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #8 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    That statue behind Jocasta looks similiar to the gigantic one that lay on Jedha in Rogue One.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Daneira and tatooinesandworm like this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It's also nice to see the Coruscant underworld police back into action again even if they were not in many TCW episodes. I like their designs.

tatooinesandworm and Vialco like this.
  20. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Well, you might be right about Palpatine, but the Grand Inquisitor also said that he never saw her fight and he doesn't think she is a worthy opponent.

21. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

The Dark Side breeds arrogance. Just because the GI says he never personally saw her fight doesn't mean she never did.
    I doubt she would put herself in danger by infiltrating the Jedi Temple if she didn't believe she could defend herself.
    As I said before I will reserve judgement until I see the outcome of the inevitable dual that is to come.

BookExogorth likes this.
  22. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Hmm. Jocasta noting the Temple is lightly guarded addresses some of my concerns about this. I would bet it is a trap for her specifically.

...still doesn't explain how easily Obi-Wan and Yoda got in.

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    "If a special session of congress there is, easier for us to enter the Jedi Temple it will be."

Palpatine withdrew most of the clone garrison from the Temple to guard the Senate Chamber for his Declaration of a New Order.

revan772, MrDarth0, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Palpatine's monologue (gotta love it) insinuates Jocasta won't die this round. He wants Jocasta as a tool, just like he wanted Vader as a tool.

25. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Unless to protect the knowledge inside her, she self eliminates.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

revan772 likes this.