main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion, part deux - Only $9.99/month!

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 6, 2017.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Out of curiousity, why was the last one closed?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

One of the many reasons given for the recent poor board performance had to do with length of threads. As we had multiple complaints about posting in the last thread, it was advised to start a new one.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    wild_karrde is dead. Long live wild_karrde.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    WWE to cut the number of PPV's next year. April and May will be the only months to have two PPV's. Starrcade will not be shown live on the network for 'financial reasons'

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    WrestleZone: WWE did NOT know about Jericho and NJPW until it aired at Power Struggle.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Meltzer's confirming Omega's US championship will be on the line in his match with Jericho.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought that was obvious in the promo? Dave isn't very smart sometimes. I can honestly see Jericho winning here; Kenny will re-enter the IWGP title scene after WK (a new challenger always emerges after the event); Jericho could carry the title to the US Tour in March (two weeks before 'Mania) and drop it to either Cody or Juice.

But, my wild dream (which isn't going to happen), is Jericho in the G1. That would be amazing.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Becky Lynch vs Ellsworth on SMACKDOWN tomorrow!

Yes! Becky's finally going to get to take Ellsworth's arm! It's like Christmas come early!

[​IMG]

12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I just watched BFG2017, and despite some high profile absences it was a very good show.

None of the usual technical problems this time, though the UK broadcast had adverts that literally cut into the action (and obviously no recaps of what was missed). The crowd seemed large and were very respectful and attentive.

My highlights were the initial X-Dividion 6-way (awesome storytelling and all the high spots you'd expect, + Garza Jr literally fought this match with one arm), the Impact vs AAA 6-man tag (because EC3), the pro-wrestling vs mma cage match (not a moty candidate but it was interesting), but the match of the night was the one I had negative interest in beforehand, that being the tag championship between LAX and OVE - two teams I cannot stand - who had a ridiculous spotfest of a streetfight - a match style that I'm usually numb to, and it had a finish that would seem rubbish on paper, but somehow it all came together brilliantly.

The other main events were above average but kind of lacking. Gail Kim's 3-way was lacking Tarryn, and Drake vs Johnny had a decent match that ended with a plot twist, but not a satisfying result...

The mid card stuff was fine, Grado vs Abyss showed off how Grado has improved as a worker, but it was not Abyss at his best. The NOAH showcase was decent.

Overall one of the best BFGs in recent years, but what might it have been if Anthem hadn't moved it to Canada at the last minute and ****ed up everyone's visas..?

They played a nice rib on Corny though... Why, who's that in the audience? None other than Santino Marella!

13. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    TNA:

1. Asks for fans to set up their ring for free.

2. Is paying people to attend the shows

3. Is seemingly just going full tv show since they can't sell tickets to shows and are in fact looking for actors to fill rolls via a talent agency.

It's over. Somebody just do the mercy kill.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I heard about Bound for Glory. When it comes to booking, WWE isn't that far behind on ****** finishes. But, still, it made no sense.

15. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Assuming you're talking about the world title match, it wasn't very satisfying but it made sense.. Alberto was stripped of the title and suspended, now he comes back pissed off, vowing to ruin BFG.

1: Source? Sounds kind of iffy in regards to health and safety/public liability.
    2: WWE, AAA, and LU paper their crowds too.
    3: See 2.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Why Jericho is GOAT (copied and pasted from Reddit)

Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio noted:
    • Jericho initiated contact
    • got the idea from Mayweather/McGregor in august, wanted to do something shocking and figured wrestling Omega would be
    • Contacted Don Callis (Cyrus the Virus), who hooked him up with Omega
    • after discussing it Jericho and Omega went to Gedo, and then Jericho negotiated coming in for the Dome.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012

Got to say I agree with the more sensible sentiments in those threads. This is just people looking to crap on Impact, putting negative spin on a fan access activity.

Of course Anthem are cutting costs, and creating opportunities to make money out of things that previously cost money. You may have missed that WWE have stopped using pyro at live shows, and have made a number of other cost cutting measures recently.

The kind of papering I'm talking about is giving away free tickets for TV tapings, which happens all the time in the WWE (who cannot fill the stadiums they used to, and do not tour them as often as they used to).

Looking into your claim, it seems that the One Night Only segment of a filming had just over 100 attendees. That's not unusual for the ONO's, because they are traditionally filmed at the end of a day long long shoot. I'm a wrestling fan but after a full day of TV taping (which is not an exciting process), I'd struggle to give a **** too.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    KENTA to be called up. Maybe tonight.

20. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Should I be excited?

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And Reigns is supposed to be back next week.

Might we see the Shield vs the New Day at Survivor Series?

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Probably. See not enough for me to watch the PPV.

Brock v AJ, though. Might tune in for that.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I had thought that was a given before last night's main event.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The tag division seems to be the only well booked program in WWE right now. Even NXT is a mess, too.