main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    See post #3472 here. ;)

unicorn likes this.
  2. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001

I'm assuming that's the only copy?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any books feature Han and Leia are out any time soon. I guess with TLJ and the Han Solo movie coming out soon they're focusing on those.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Only one I recall but it is a quality one.

unicorn likes this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It’s intentional they’re not revealing it yet. They’re waiting until the ST ends.

5. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Cassian's "I've been in this fight since I was six years old" is worth thinking about in reference to this. Maybe Han was "running away from Imperials" as a street child, kinda like Ezra?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah I doubt we should take that literally, it's like how Han calls Luke kid even when he's 23.

According to Pablo Han doesn't know how old he was. That said, especially after the Harrison/Carrie affair was made public, the idea of 29 year old Han hitting on 19 year old Leia is a little skeevy, I'd like to think it was when she got a bit older that he became seriously interested in her.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought that, at least in the context of Legends, people hated the idea that it took Han 3 years to start wooing Leia?

Was it the reason given (still a bit of grief over Bria) that bothered people?

9. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah it was the reason given because I never saw ANH Han as being “heartbroken” (which Pablo agrees with). The other ANH-ESB Legends books didn’t follow that idea anyway with Han never thinking of his grief over Bria once in 5 books written from his POV during that time period and already being pretty seriously interested in Leia a year after ANH. I thought ESB made clear that Han had been trying to get Leia to express her feelings for him well before ESB started anyway so I never thought he waited 3 years in any event.

My guess is he was in denial of his feelings for her for a while but then startef expressing interest sometime between ANH sand ESB but Leia rebuffed him at every opportunity, leading to him being frustrated because he could tell she had feelings for him too.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    ANH Han doesn't seem like a particularly considerate person to have a relationship with - at least in The Princess: The Scoundrel and the Farmboy - 3 women, in different ports, who (by implication) are unaware of one another - so it's less polyamory, and more "cheating". Throw in the fact that he can't even remember Jenny's name, and it doesn't look good.

Raising the question - was he always like that - or did he have a "bad breakup" in the newcanon, in a similar way to Legends?

11. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    I wouldn't consider that "cheating", more like seems like a player with multiple balls on the go. I doubt he had any kind of conversation with any of them that they were in an exclusive relationship. I'm not sure I'm thrilled about womanizer Han and it doesn't really fit how I picture him, though I do prefer it to Legend Han's backstory.

I guess we'll see when the new Han Solo movie drops and what happens with Emilia Clarke, but at least the relationship will be done with 6 years pre ANH. Just hopefully some EU author doesn't try to bring her back when Han is separated from Leia to cause drama or something stupid like that. My head canon of Han's past is more along the lines of Daley's where he had several quasi serious relationships and was a charmer with the ladies but not necessarily a womanizer. I feel like sometimes people conflate Han and Indy too much, while the latter treats women pretty terribly.

12. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I never get this obsession that writers have in make popular male characters dating 3 or more women in the same time. Jack Sparrow, Captain Kirk in JJ movies... Some YA books also like to use this trope "he is a ~bad boy~ and date with 10 women but he feel in love for The Protagonist who "is not like the others girls" and the end"

Loth-cat and unicorn like this.
  13. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Leia in Aftermath trilogy: finally I'll see my husband!

Han:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leia: *** is this?

Giovs and unicorn like this.
  14. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Luckily there's plenty of pics of Harrison with a beard that we can picture what he would look like.

In the old EU he grew a beard when he had his mid life crisis but other than that I don't think he ever had one.

Jedi Jessy, yeah I feel the "Han as a womanizer" comes more from people who conflate him with Indy, or who just see Han as a cool bro like Captain Kirk (aka JJ). In ESB he basically acts like a giant nerd hopelessly in love with Leia who follows her around like a lost puppy, so I'm not really sure I get the "he's a playboy womanizer" characterization.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  15. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Jedi Jessy where are those pics of bearded Han from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    from BF2 Campaign. I think his mission will take place during Aftermath, maybe we'll see pregnant Leia in the game?

Giovs, unicorn and Claire1976 like this.
  17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

I find it very easy to believe based on his lifestyle/situation.

He's basically a sailor (a spacer), with crime and danger added on top of constantly sailing from place to place. Of course he has a woman in every port, so to speak. He doesn't have time, stability or the safety for anything more. You might say the only reason he had time for Leia was because they were in the rebellion together.

It's a restriction placed upon him by the job and life he's chosen to pursue.

18. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Oh cool, really? I’m getting that for Christmas and had no idea it covered parts of the novels. That makes me even more excited! I did wonder if it was covering part of Shattered Empire because I saw a screenshot of Leia on Naboo dressed exactly as she appears in the SE Comic during the Naboo scenes. Pregnant Leia is definitely a possibility if it covers parts of Aftermath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  19. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001

Yeah, I can see him having several "friends with benefits" casual relationships on the go. Just not super into the depiction of him as the James Bond or even Captain Kirk type of guy who goes to a cantina and woos a different lady every night and has slept with hundreds of women or who's incapable of talking to an attractive women without flirting or objectifying her.

And well, you could also say one of the reasons he stays with the Rebellion so long IS because of Leia ;)

Ooh I hope we see pregnant Leia! Claire, give us an update when you get the game!

20. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    More pictures of Han (of Aftermath) in BFII show him talking with Maz about help Chewie, I think it's possible we'll see Leia

Giovs likes this.
  21. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I hope that's true! Where are you finding all this info? I googled it but found nothing.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  22. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    People are posting here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/

Probably during this week we'll see more (maybe a clip, like they posted of Luke)

23. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Thanks! They do confirm it.
    I have the game in pre-order, this makes me more excited, can't wait for it!

24. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Spoiler of BFII:

Leia's pregnancy isn't mentioned in the video I saw, Chewie wasn't captured yet so this mission is played when Han started his plans to help Chewie's family. Leia call to Version find Han in Takodana and still there's stormtroopers. I'm not sure if it's just because it's a game or if follow 100% the canon timeline

In the final of the mission Han is finishing a conversation with Leia and she said she is glad he's okay and "just be sure you come back". Han smile saying "Don't worry. You can't rid of us easily". People are saying Han and Luke looks weird sometimes but Leia and Lando looks/talks totally as Carrie and Billy

BobaMatt likes this.
  25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016

That's not Billy Dee Williams as Lando?? Could've fooled me, sounds exactly like him. Leia's VA is better than most.

Jedi Jessy likes this.