main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Databank has an answer - early A-Wings had armour, bigger weapons, and more shielding - but all these were cut down to give them more speed.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/a-wing-fighter

The Databank's reference is taken by Wookieepedia's Canon A-Wing article as meaning all their shields were stripped away - with an ROTJ A-Wing being as shieldless as a regular TIE fighter.

However, Poe Dameron's Flight Log shows an ROTJ A-Wing, with its Shield Generator labelled - so it's not clear how literally that should be taken. Sometimes, out-of-date information clings to the Databank for a very long time.

It still incorrectly states that Hobbie was alive after TESB (having successfully ejected)- despite On The Front Lines stating he is dead:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/rebel-pilots-biography-gallery
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/derek-hobbie-klivian

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    This I could see...as well as maybe giving it a survivability of the A10 Warthog.

3. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    So... any comparison shots? Because it hardly looks different to me. Like at all.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    Size estimate for Freighter 2716 has to be adjusted, though the front half is modeled after a 60 meter Taylander shuttle, it has to be immensely upscaled. Check out those little sprocket looking greeblings on each side of the hull brace, just behind the frontal section: those are man-high escape pod outlets. This could well be 300+ meters long
    [​IMG]

6. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Very well said Adm. Nick. Sorry for the incredibly late reply..

I see your point and understand what you are saying. I guess my frustration goes back to TFA when there seemed to be a disconnect in the level of support that the NR gave the resistance. For example, the opening crawl was clear that the resistance "had the support" of the Republic...but then Pablo H and the visual dictionary seemed to directly contradict this saying that not only was the resistance unsanctioned, but it was barely allowed to operate by the NR, who turned more of a blind eye than anything.

I think what we are seeing is support/materials coming in at the individual level from NR senators as opposed to the NR as a collective body. The page for the t-75 x-wings said that they were donated by NR senators, for instance.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Guys, forgive me if it's already been addressed, but does anyone know what the heck Cassian was piloting in Star Wars: Rogue One—Cassian & K-2SO Special?
    [​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  8. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    @LelalMekha

I do not think they gave a make/model for it. I do not even recall it having a name.

9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I guess that must a model in Sienar Fleet Systems' Abecederian line. Another design by Lamilla Tion, no doubt. A T-1 or T-2 shuttle, maybe?

10. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    This is one of my issues with the franchise...they will give you very little in the way of details on things like this.

Another example is the Kasmiri from the Kanan comic. Just a ship name...no make or model.

[​IMG]

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Ugly ships those two.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  12. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Honestly I think the Kasmiri is by far one of my favorite ship designs of the new canon. Definitely wouldn't complain if it and Janus Kasmir showed up again in some capacity.

13. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
  14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I would loved to have seen Kasmir, Kleeve and the Kasmiri all show up in Rebels. And I would really love if we got a make/model for the Kasmiri. I am thinking maybe an Incom design that is some sort or patrol/pursuit ship for law enforcement.

15. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The big tuning fork reminds me of Aratec's speeder bikes, maybe they had a space ship division?

16. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
  17. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Some new Battlefront 2 stuff today, first was the inclusion of multiplr Providence's at Ryloth and Kamino, as well as seeing Arquintens class's engaing a Lucerhulk which was pretty cool and also good for scale purposes. The beginning of the Resurgent class part was amazing, and there might be another capital ship behind it but I'm pretty sure it's just the weird Resurgent bridge. Also cool to see the new A-wing in action. Finally was a Venator on Kamino with a ventral mounted Beam weapon as they called it that single shoted a Providence, really cool scene. They may be redefining the beam from Ep-3 now.

18. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    Yeah I saw some streams, it looks like a dedicated construct and not a SPHA-T stapled on sadly, which was the explanation I preferred. Still super cool though.

vncredleader and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  19. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I liked the Complete Locations references on the Mos Eisley map. We got a white version of that Hover-Ute, in the Rebel hangar, and there'd Neimoidian shuttles leaving when the Empire arrives. As well as a Naboo star skiff and a Coruscant speeder bus. :)

20. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    What references? Color me interested!

21. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I just mentioned them. :p

I'm sure they also used the map to build Mos Eisley, but I can't be positive. They even have the Dowager Queen and the Ubrikkian tower in the background.

22. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Some new information from a book: [face_whistling]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Huh, the side profile of the new A-Wing looks so strange with the rear of the cockpit ending before the front edge of the tail fins. I can't help thinking what it would look like with a full bubble canopy instead, that would have been a cool upgrade like later versions of the WWII Spitfire, Mustang, and Thunderbolt.

24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I actually really like that; it seems like it's further tying the A-Wing and Delta-7 together - with the former looking somewhat like the latter with added engines and fins - which I've always advocated.

Weird that it's only the RZ-2, though.

25. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I would say the bomber needs one or two more turrets. Either one mounted up on the to or two with them mounted to cover above and to the sides.

26. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    For those interested, Fractal's Inexpugnable-class Command Ship is up. Looks great. I sure hope there will be some more appearances of larger Old Republic era warships or dreadnoughts in the new canon.

[​IMG]