main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Rian Johnson helming new Star Wars Trilogy!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-j...last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

"For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.
    As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment."

May the Force Be With Us All Indeed! :D

--Adm. Nick

2. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Old republic trilogy?!

3. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Ooooooh, I am so jazzed about this! My question is how literally we take the “never explored” claim. They’ve made big claims with implied caveats before. Is this never in canon? Never in film? Never ever ever?
    I will most likely be happy no matter what, but I am So. Damn. Curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I think it would be interesting if we got something like Dawn of the Jedi, with the origins of the Jedi, the Sith and the force. If done right it could be amazing.

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Possibly, but I wouldn't be surprised if its in a pre-AoTC setting that hasn't been explored, with most of the PT content being Clone Wars.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm all for an Old Republic trilogy.

7. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Very curious if it’s just a different corner of the galaxy or a different time. I️ could see an aphra type of thing, bounty hunter thing using 1313 and underworld assets or a different time during the old republic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Interesting. Disney seems pleased with his handling of VIII, yet the audiences haven't even seen it. My guess is this new trilogy will either...
    A) Take the spot of the "Star Wars Stories" if it's running alongside episodes X - XII or
    B) Will be the main films following IX; Episode X will come after this trilogy.

9. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Awesome news. I am surprised they are announcing it already and not waiting until just before IX is released. I'm guessing the reason is is that they plan on releasing it shortly after IX and they would have to get production going on it here soon.

I bet you we will get an idea about what it will cover after Watching TLJ. If we get a lot of info about the Old Republic during the movie I bet you it will end up being an Old Republic series.

kalzeth likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Rian Johnson to direct more Star Wars films.

Would you like to know more?

** Unavailable at this time **

11. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Great news. I hope it is removed enough from the main saga that he gets to truly make it his own.

Master_Rebado and kalzeth like this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    My preferences is a trilogy about the last war between Jedi and the many Sith including Darth Bane.

Or a trilogy focused on the world before and the beginning of the 100 year darkness or near the end of the conflict.

Having a trilogy about the mandalorian wars would also be awesome, as long as its not a copy of the Legends version.

13. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I think the Mandalorian Wars would be something the tv show would be more likely to tackle since Mandalorians has been strictly a tv and book thing up to this point.

kalzeth likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Johnson's gonna do his own crime family drama- The Huttfather, wherein Rotta slowly loses his slugmanity as he becomes the most ruthless gastropod of the Outer Rim.

15. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't think the TV series is going to be set during a war, to expensive.

The 1st star wars live action series makes more sense in the dark times era. You got the iconic Empire, can get a jedi survivor, and no need to portray a war.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Happy days are here again!

17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Interesting news...but would like at least a mention of what it will be about.

kalzeth and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Porg movies confirmed.

19. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Have you been watching Rebels at all? You pretty much described exactly what they are doing with Rebels right now. They aren't going to repeat that for their next series.

TheRedBlade and vncredleader like this.
  20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Given that Rian is more on board with the PT that most people, I kinda am holding out hope for a PT era trilogy.

21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    More movies, hell yes!

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Initial reaction: “More Star Wars! Yay!”

Second reaction: “Please don’t let this be about Force trees.”

Third reaction: “More Star Wars! Yay!”

Also hoping for an Old Republic trilogy, or maybe a Disney-era version of Plagueis.

I’m glad it’s not about Skywalkers; the ST has gotten post-NJO’ed.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I keep hollering all the way "start with episode 13-15, then do episode 10-12!" if only you get the generational aspect skipping across decades thing that's a part of the trilogies. Also we don't have to Rey / Finn / Poe / Kylo forever and ever. And let the actors age about 10 years or so.

So the Rian Johnson trilogy takes up about 6 years or more to release - taking the every 2 years spot of the ST, 2021, 2023, 2025 and THEN we get the return of our Rey / Finn / Poe / Kylo crew as a handoff for Episode 10. I'm guessing 2029ish.

Or it could be the Johnson trilogy 1 a year. that HAS been a thing lately.

CooperTFN likes this.
  24. I hope the trilogy is about the old republic
    I like the Tales of the Jedi comics and the KOTOR games and a possible movie about the old republic is exciting for me

kalzeth likes this.
  25. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

It's Disney. They recycle everything.

I would be a bit more interested if it was PT era or earlier. That time period is lacking right now

ObiWanKnowsMe and kalzeth like this.