main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not just you -- it was three posts in a row, focusing on the same thing (two of which made assumptions instead of reading the linked post). You know it's not just you, because I said "people."

It's that tendency to go for the negative that gets very wearisome. It's endemic around here these days.

And please don't tell me how to use my social media, thank you. I didn't mention any names. I didn't call anyone out without giving them a chance to respond. That would have been uncool.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Sinrebirth and redxavier like this.
  2. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Okay, sorry for any confusion. I thought since you quoted my post you were talking about me so I was a bit confused because I really did not feel like I was complaining at all. Anyways...I am really looking forward to diving into the single player campaign on the 14th. I've had the deluxe edition preordered since April! And it'll be fun to continue the single player adventures through the free updates.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  3. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    To anyone complaining about the DLC:

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  4. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I wouldn't read too much into the DLC single player content, mainly because it simply says "chapter" and that doesn't necessarily mean continuation (of the campaign).

Love seeing this. I really like when they put together a roadmap like this, it makes the whole thing feel more special. The only thing that disappoints me is that I don't think I'll be able to play Starfighter Assault Sunday on Christmas Eve!
    [​IMG]

Taalcon likes this.
  5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    You know what I just realized? There's an extremely good chance we're gonna eventually get a season featuring Corellia or Kessel or both to coincide with SOLO.

But, man, if they added a Rebels season with Atollon, or Lothal, as well as adding playable Rebels characters (Rebel and Imperial)? OH MAN.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What's the distinction you're drawing between chapter and continuation?

My theory: campaign runs from Endor to Jakku (based on trailers showing both), fast forwards to Starkiller (trailer: "I've waited thirty years for this."

The December story chapter, though, is the Rise of the FO. So it would take place before the end if the campaign, if I'm right.

If that's what you mean by continuation, that it's not post-campaign timeline wise: I agree.

But it's more story content, specifically about the rise of the FO. That's what we originally feared we wouldn't get.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    It's just that I think if it were a sequel, the language would reflect that. With chapter it feels more like it could fit anywhere? And yeah I just mean continuation in chronological terms (ie, this level can't happen after the campaign ends). So it's not really giving away the ending!

In any case I agree that this is fantastic news. Not only more single-player but more history (of FO). I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but could we conceivably get single player content in every season? I'd happily play more Iden Versio missions. Though I suppose they could just as well include other characters (Luke on Jakku single-player mission?)

8. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Interesting how the Rise of the First Order DLC will be released immediately after Rebels finishes its final season. [face_whistling]

9. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    It does ?

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Edited.

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah I'm thinking they might bifurcate the campaign so that you get the first half now, and then throughout the next year or so you'll get a new chapter of the campaign every couple weeks/months. Which I'm actually fine with, it'll keep me coming back to the game and make the expense seem worth it, and because the DLC is free it doesn't feel like I've been bamboozled.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    What's so hard to understand about spoiler tags required?! "Going by leaks" -- seriously?

It's an interesting idea actually -- story campaigns delivered almost like TV shows. Like you say, as long as it's not charging separately for different "episodes/seasons" of the campaign, I'm fine with that.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Time to deploy the Jello Look of Severe Disapproval.

14. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    Didn't one of the Half Life games release in periodic chapters? It has been done a few times before so it can work.
    (oh, and thanks for the save Jello)

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Also, there's been quite a bit of online chatter around EA's recent announcements of seeing games as being suited to a subscription model, which they're considering for the big sports games.

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think there's kind of a disappointing but entirely believable feeling about how EA is handling the single player campaign.

They made a four hour one because they HAD to but clearly gave the bare minimum effort to it.

And, of course, that's the part people are most excited about and want more of.

So they're considering adding a wee bit more.

17. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I've played the First two missions, from the early trial program (can 't wait for the full game next week!) - the detail is super cool. Some really fun tidbits below:
    You hear rebels talking about all the squadrons planned to be at Endor, including Corona squadron.

Admiral Versio tells you Vice Admiral Sloane has ordered retreat

They are very, very steeped in this era of canon.

18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Did you say
    Vice Admiral?

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    OH MY GOD, CANON IS RUINED!

:)

AusStig likes this.
  20. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    [​IMG]

21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It sounds like we should consider Admiral Versio to be an observer outside of Endor's battle command at that moment. He's clearly able to command fleet scale resources later, but it's possible the convuluted nature of Imperial politics and ranking policies leave him out of Death Squadron's command system.

22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Versio seems to be an Intelligence Admiral not a Naval Admiral.

23. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I love how we get an expanded take on the ground battle of Endor. It looks like the moment the shield went down, they sent down troop-ships and began battling the rest of the legion there. Having a raid on Fondor in the hours or days right after is also pretty cool, like the wider war didn't just freeze for a short while.

Dr. Steve Brule, Daneira and Taalcon like this.
  24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    But then it means
    she probably wasn't next in line after Piett died? So maybe she pulled a Pellaeon, after all.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe in this universe, there weren't a plethora of:

high level officers, at Endor.

That said, she does murder her ISB loyalty officer. Perhaps because she knew that he would point out that she had no right to order the retreat, rather than, as implied, him being so gung-ho crazy that she expected him to countermand her legitimate order?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.