main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Seemed more like a personal attack on our mental states. I don't like bullies.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Attack on your mental state ??????!!!!! What a load of ...

Funny what you say about Bullies as I was thinking the same thing

Ghost likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I can see why this:

is objected to - people having a "You're calling me disrespectful of source material" response.

Can we focus on the series though, not one another?

Jedi Knight Fett and TheRedBlade like this.
  4. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think it was a good episode, but as a Mid-season finale I was left wanting.

5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I agree. Calm down, everyone.

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That’s not mental bullying though

7. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    It's been a pretty solid run of episodes. Getting back to Lothal seems to have really helped focus the show.

Beginning to suspect that Pryce and Tarkin are the ones that put the kibosh to Thrawns TIE Defender project with politics while the rebels crew winds up dealing with whatever shady dark side shenanigans are going on.

Personally Hoping it's an observatory and we get a Rax cameo.

BobaMatt and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I really hope this show ties up the loose ends correctly, and doesn't have Kanan and Ezra floating around somewhere.

9. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    If the Rax cameo happens, I will personally buy Pablo and/or Leland a beer next time they visit the Western New York area. I strongly suspect their visits to Western New York are infrequent, but the offer is on the table anyway.

kalzeth, mnjedi and Daneira like this.
  10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I find the idea of continuity trumping a beloved character's survival to be disquieting to the extreme. Are we really that kind of fandom?

We just want to murder childhood heroes in the name "fidelity"?

What does it say when we're rooting for heroes to die in Star Wars? The series about good vs. evil?

11. GFFAwakens

GFFAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2015

I wouldn't say its about "rooting for heroes to die," but rather Kanan and/or Ezra surviving this series make for some problems unless the series is wrapped up in a way that makes sense for them to be very out of the picture. I've seen people say "Well maybe they were involved in the Rebellion but we just didn't see it." Really? Why does Luke have to wander around to find out little snippets about the Jedi prior to meeting Yoda if there is a Kanan/Ezra around who's had Jedi training to an extent and has interacted with Jedi holocrons? I love these characters too, but the whole plot becomes absolutely laughable if we find out there were still around when Luke didn't know WTF he was doing with his newfound Force abilities.

I'm the type of fandom that wants my investment into the fandom to at the very least keep me from being very confused about plot points and why things are/or are not happening. Yes, it's fantasy, but we knew many Jedi heroes and Padme had to die in ROTS in order to bridge the gap between eras. This isn't really that different. I just hope they go out with a bang.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    At the end of the day It was Filoni and Co’s decision to write these characters so close to the OT not the other way around. If He doesn’t respect the Source material, then he shouldn’t have set it when he did

Vialco likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    BTW, according to the episode guide the alien pilot is a Lutrillian.
    No one has to die just because Yoda says so, let's remember the little guy has been wrong in the past and withholding important information from Luke for his own good so I don't see why we should take his word on it. And also I remember they did the same thing in Legends with Jedi running around during the OT era and I heard no one complaining back then. I'm sure Filoni will find a way just like he did with Ahsoka instead of just killing her off just because "she's not in RotS".

Mia Mesharad and Iron_lord like this.
  14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    BREAKING: Rebels Showrunners Have Seen The Original Trilogy, Quite A Few Times Actually

Sinrebirth and BobaMatt like this.
  15. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Lutrillian. Interesting. Cross between a Wookiee and a Lasat on a drunken night maybe?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

16. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I know many people did, including me.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I just don't get this logic of killing characters just because they're not in the movies, that feels so restrictive.

18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    That's not why people argue Kanan and Ezra need to die.

I have no problem with Hera, Sabine, or Ezra surviving. But they are not Jedi.

fett 4 likes this.
  19. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, it's putting continuity over story.

TheAvengerButton likes this.
  20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Maybe they'll choose another path or maybe Ezra decides to stay on Lothal after they liberate it from the imperial occupation. Lots of alternative than death, even if they remain Jedi.

21. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    To be fair, when you're creating a story that takes place before another in sequence, this is always a concern.

My own prediction:
    Kanan doesn't die, but he's tied to Lothal and becomes something not-quite-a-Jedi.
    Ezra, his training incomplete, throws his lot in with Vizhago until after Return of the Jedi, when he finishes his training with Luke.

Vialco and JediMara77 like this.
  22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ezra is a Jedi. Yoda himself called him "Padawan". Ezra is the Jedi Apprentice to a Jedi Knight.

I agree with you that he shouldn't be a Jedi in this era. But his status as one can't be argued when it's pronounced by the Jedi Grand Master himself.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's always the "There's no such thing as a Grey Jedi or Dark Jedi" philosophy - Ezra has done Dark things, and not repented - he's not a Jedi.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Such as?

25. lakhota

lakhota Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    I think Kanan will trade himself for Hera, Thrawn will be giddy to have a Jedi to study. Maybe Kanan will be a prisoner and be sent off with Thrawn into the unknown by Palpatine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk