main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    That's what Rian said long ago, she's the biggest new character and female lead. I wonder if it was before TLJ was delayed for rewrites to "focus on the TFA characters" or whatever it was for.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  2. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    No, he said something similar at Celebration. And she seems important enough for them to bring KMT over to Orlando.

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Japan premiere the 6th of December boys and girls!!

22 days to know it all...

The Scavenger likes this.
  4. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    WAT!!!????

*DIEZ*

5. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    I have a feeling the next 3 weeks are going to be harder to get through than the past two years have been. So close and yet so far.

6. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
  7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I have a feeling that Rose will feature more in TLJ than she does in 9, but that we haven't seen the last of DJ when TLJ ends.

8. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Johnson never said Rose was a bigger role than Rey or replacing her. This is a myth, one that I think originated from a overblown misinterpretation of John Boyega talking about TFA's behind the scenes documentary at a gala. Johnson said that Rose has the biggest new part out of the characters created for VIII (such as Holdo and DJ). They've said Rey is the main character.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  9. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
  10. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015

Finally we see Rose in a promo shot! She looks great :)

Side note, but it's getting super noticeable to me that Rey is never shown doing anything toward a bad guy with the saber... or even, not with the saber, but while piloting or with her spear. Even in this clip where they focus on inspiration and a shot of Rose looking all determined and badass piloting against, presumably, the FO, Rey just turns on the lightsaber and stares at it. I wonder what the strategy is of not using any shot of Rey being an actual badass in the promotions... other than the one where they reversed footage of her lowering the saber to make it look like she's raising it in an aggressive stance, but it's not legit so I'm not really counting it. I assume Rey has lots of hero moments in this movie... unless this whole "conversation more than adventure" thing is really taken to the extreme. lol

11. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    If I had joined the fandom right after TFA instead of this April, I’d be stark raving mad at this point :p

12. Tiberius.Ogden

Tiberius.Ogden Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 6, 2016
  13. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    We have not really seen anything "important" about Rey in the trailers, almost everything is from the same scene, training in the rock lol. I guess a lot about Rey is in the no fly zone of Rian. i'm pretty sure that Rey is in the MF on Crait, but obviously they will not put that in the trailers for left us wondering if its Luke or Rey.

dekaneas and 11-4D like this.
  14. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    Leia and Poe!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry for the DP[face_blush]

Demsa Aztor and MattOrgana like this.
  15. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015

I get that they don't want to spoil anything, but it would be nice to see something, even if it's just a shot of Rey staring down something in an aggressive stance (like the sea monster, off screen). Rey is our hero and all of the footage so far that we have of Rey has her training against nothing, running/swimming/standing, looking angsty, or getting tortured. Nothing that makes her look courageous or heroic or badass. We know she ends up on Snoke's ship getting tortured. There isn't any shot they could give of her looking determined against a FO officer or something?

It's not a criticism before I get jumped on for being a negative nancy. It's just something that I'm curious about. It seems noticeable for a movie that's all about war and heroes and villains, what with Rey being our primary protagonist and all.

16. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm with you, honestly my favorite scene from the trailers and spots so far is in the last one in which Rey comes out twirling the lightsaber smirking, maybe we have something in the following spots.

Jacques who and JoJoPenelli like this.
  17. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    That was a new quick Finn/Phasma shot too with Phasma blocking from the side rather than overhead.

dekaneas likes this.
  18. minie

minie Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 7, 2017
    I like the way shes portrayed in the trailer, it perfectly fits the tone and to avoid all the mary sue allegations before watching the movie. I'm sure we will see her being badass in the movie. I trust Rian Johnson more than anyone they hired ... daisy, mark, john, kk all praised his story and how he writes a female character...I don't expect rey to be just badass, I want to see her struggle and fail sometimes as well.

dekaneas likes this.
  19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    FINALLY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT'S MY GIRL
    [​IMG]

20. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    Go get em Rose!

dekaneas and Jacques who like this.
  21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Ugh...that weapon Finn uses against Phasma - Why have they persisted with it haha? Worst weapon in the GFFA ever! [face_dunno]

22. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Yeah, it looks really clumsy.

Avnar and Doom_Buggy like this.
  23. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    Getting a very strange vibe off this movie, I really dont like what im seeing. That dialogue with leia!? and wtf is that u turn the x-wings doing all about? Just because you can do crazy things with cgi doesn't mean you should!

24. Eugene3

Mar 20, 2017
    Poe seems serious and a little angry?, maybe it's after Leia slaps Poe?

25. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    What Leia and Poe are saying? My english isn't good enough :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.