main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to The Last Jedi - The Rebel Files by Daniel Wallace (Canon too!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Apr 17, 2017.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Great points! Plus I like the idea that it took Ackbar some time to gather enough MC80’s for the Endor attack.

—Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Angry Warlock

Angry Warlock Jedi Padawan

Jul 5, 2016
    Brilliant News, Was getting a bit worried. Thanks for the update Dan

3. Angry Warlock

Angry Warlock Jedi Padawan

Jul 5, 2016
    B&M have confirmed this will be published by Titan Books in The UK.
    Titan have confirmed a release date of 1/5/18 with further info available later this month.
    Amazon.com from USA it is then !

Endol likes this.
  4. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Man, nothing on Amazon or any other site yet! I really hope this is available on Tuesday, grrr! :(

--Adm. Nick

5. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    quote="AdmiralNick22, post: 54655271, member: 877694"]Man, nothing on Amazon or any other site yet! I really hope this is available on Tuesday, grrr! :(

--Adm. Nick[/quote]

TheRedBlade likes this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Bleh. Well, guess it'll be a couple days after release 'til we get to read it, then.

I'd check a physical book store on Tuesday, but literally every single one within traveling distance has closed in the last few years. :(

edit: Excluding indie stores unlikely to get the book without special ordering, that is.

7. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Have you heard anything else from your publisher? :)

—Adm. Nick

8. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Here's my communication with Quarto Kids (not based in the US, but the only division of the publisher who took the time to answer my questions about the book):

November 1:
    I found out more information! Had to email the US team: This is what they said-- There are two versions of The Rebel Files. The deluxe edition that we will be publishing under our Epic Ink imprint goes on sale 11/14/17. The trade edition of just the book (without the deluxe case and extras) will be published through Chronicle in July 2018.

Had to email the US team: This is what they said-- There are two versions of The Rebel Files. The deluxe edition that we will be publishing under our Epic Ink imprint goes on sale 11/14/17. The trade edition of just the book (without the deluxe case and extras) will be published through Chronicle in July 2018.

So it should be available to order NEXT WEEK hopefully! I'm not sure why it isn't on our website yet. I'm sure it will be once the book is available to order [​IMG]

November 10:
    Unfortunately nothing yet... [​IMG] I had a look as well today! We'll give it another week as amazon may just be super slow and then I shall ask the US team about it again!

This morning:
    I'm chasing it up with the US team now! Especially since it's meant to go on sale here soon.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

Thanks for the info! Please keep us posted if you here anything else or if you find a link!

--Adm. Nick

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've found the listing for the regular hardcover (Jul 2018) on Amazon US. Nothing on Amazon UK.

eddie1969 likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    http://www.starwars.com/news/nycc-2...ey-on-the-upcoming-star-wars-rebel-files-book

Kristin Baver, SW.com contributor, wrote the above article. When she's not contributing there, her main job is a writer at The Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, PA. She's very nice and I actually had the pleasure of meeting her when she did an article on me for the aforementioned paper. I sent her a tweet asking if she had any info. Maybe she has the contact information of the author she interviewed or possibly a connection at the publisher and potentially she can get us some answers. I'll report back if she responds to my tweet. Fingers crossed.

12. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    That's been up for weeks now....

13. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Still nothing guys?

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If I hadn't seen the Deluxe Edition in person at NYCC I'd swear it didn't exist, lol.

Finding zilch on Amazon or even the Epic Ink site.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    If someone finds me the link today to order it, I will personally buy them a copy. I need my best scouts, the most cunning Bothan spies, my fastest pilots, and my steadiest commanders on this!

--Adm. Nick

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Friend of mine checked in with the publishers' PR, who told her the sale date got pushed back. No date given.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    They should change it to a Journey After The Last Jedi tie-in now

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    My aforementioned contact had no information. Since it's coming from Chronicle Books, I sent them a tweet asking about it.

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hopefully the delay is minor, I'd be really disappointed if it's not out at least by the release date of TLJ.

--Adm. Nick

20. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    Only the standalone book is coming from Chronicle (and not until next year). The Deluxe is coming from Quarto/Epic Ink.

I was under the impression it was still set for Nov 11 so I’m also in the dark. Earlier today I put an inquiry through to the PR people working on the release but I haven’t heard back yet.

If it’s been delayed I can’t imagine it’s been delayed for very long, since as of a couple weeks ago I was still hearing that it was on track. Hopefully just a minor bump. Will update the thread when I have something.

21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    <3

22. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001

Is there anything in particular that's changed in your lore writing working with Disney vs. Lucasfilms? By that I mean, have the marching orders changed much when it comes to filling in the plot with fan sugary spackle?

23. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    In my experience, not that much. A big chunk of what goes into lore is essentially background stuff, and there’s no compelling reason for that to have changed much under the new canon. It’s still the same setting.

So there’s no reason not to carry over Rodia, or Herglics, or Sienar Fleet Systems. By the same token if I need to reference an Alliance historian, why not use Arhul Hextrophon or Voren Na’al? They’re pretty self-contained as it is, and there’s no continuity reason why they wouldn’t still be there somewhere. Of course introducing an all-new character would be ok too, but from my perspective the new canon is an all-new production using the same stage and set dressing.

It helps that the Story Group has people like Pablo and Leland who really know the old EU and can tell which things will cause waves and which things won’t.

24. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I imagine its not easy striking the balance between old and new material, but it looks great so far!

25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003